Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5686

Kerber!

What's going on in tennis? How do you cap a sport in which Kerber can't even win a set against Kasatkina? I watched as Paire lost to some Minaur (if I spelled that right).
    How do we cap tennis profitably? It is results of games like the Kerber/Kasatkina and Paire/Minaur games that makes one feel we are doomed as gamblers. I had no bet in any of those games but no way would I fade the honorable Kerber against the upstart Kasatkina, even though I love betting on dogs in tennis. We're in trouble indeed.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

She's been intentionally throwing matches since last year. I can count 3 off the top of my head. Last year vs Gavrilova. Then last week. Then today.

Can anyone imagine Djoker or Murray losing this much as a #1 ranked player?

Someone could make a ton of money off knowing when Kerber was going to tank matches. I'm sure someone has insider info on that. It's apparent when she does it. She doesn't even try to hide it.

You can try betting tennis live (if you have access to it), but the juice is outrageous. Tennis is just a hard spot. I try to focus on players not in the top 10, who are going to give max effort every match because they are trying to gain in the rankings. Lot of these girls already in the top 10 don't even try from match to match.

There's no competitive spirit in any of them.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

kerber has the worst server ever for a #1 player. and yes she has thrown matches that aren't "important" to her plus she has flat out lost to bums even when she's tried. she's a disgrace as a #1. not saying Serena was perfect put at least she looked like a #1 and I'm not a fan of hers at all either

GRAFF will always be the GOAT

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

Tennis is the easiest sport to rig because there's only 1 player.

rgrant2214
    rgrant2214's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Kerber really screwed me today. I don't understand it. Its like flipping a coin.

nature_one
    nature_one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 767

If there's a spot to look for more underdog wins,then this is definitely in the week right before a Grand Slam tournament..

To cap tennis is hard,i try to stay away from big name players,higher ranked ones that have questionable motivation at times..looking for spots and value like any other sport

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Wozniacki, Bouchard, Strycova all in good form in Sydney

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by nature_one View Post
    If there's a spot to look for more underdog wins,then this is definitely in the week right before a Grand Slam tournament..
    bingo
    stay away the week before a big one, ya never know the player's mindset these weeks

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Seriously, everyone- just because you are #1 in the world doesn't mean you should never ever loses a match ever. It happens. Sorry

rgrant2214
    rgrant2214's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

I don't think anyone expects someone to never lose, but I think it's reasonable to say Kerber should have won.'

picopico101
    picopico101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

It's not surprise. this is WTA

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by w@lt View Post
    Seriously, everyone- just because you are #1 in the world doesn't mean you should never ever loses a match ever. It happens. Sorry
    Kerber's the worst women's #1 player ever. And it is extremely rare for a women's #1 to lose consecutive matches to players outside of the top 10. Kerber has just accomplished that feat in the last 2 weeks.

Over the last 33 years, only Wozniacki (2011), Mauresmo (2006), Davenport (2005) and Graf (1994) ever lost consecutive matches to players outside the top 10.

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    What's going on in tennis? How do you cap a sport in which Kerber can't even win a set against Kasatkina? I watched as Paire lost to some Minaur (if I spelled that right).
    How do we cap tennis profitably? It is results of games like the Kerber/Kasatkina and Paire/Minaur games that makes one feel we are doomed as gamblers. I had no bet in any of those games but no way would I fade the honorable Kerber against the upstart Kasatkina, even though I love betting on dogs in tennis. We're in trouble indeed.
    What was so surprising about Paire losing? Paire is a loser who can lose to anyone and Alex De Minaur actually plays decent Tennis. I'm not sure if you are trolling here or you're just first time betting on Tennis.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5686

Quote Originally Posted by Steamroller View Post
    What was so surprising about Paire losing? Paire is a loser who can lose to anyone and Alex De Minaur actually plays decent Tennis. I'm not sure if you are trolling here or you're just first time betting on Tennis.
    Believe me, I didn't bet on the game but it's not insane to expect Paire to have won that game.