Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17185

Rare Picks

So the thread here offers a strategy where very few picks will be selected (max one per day) to see if pays off at he end.

and we start today with...

Berdych ML
    vs Tsonga @ 2.43(pinnacle)1 unit

I guess bookies were really impressed by Tsongas yesterday's match where he dusted away the Doo Doo clown.

Well, Im not buying it. In fact I think due to this last match Tsonga most likely will play worse today as he had no real chance to test his current form.

Berdych did.

He had a tough tough match against promising fellow countryman, yet he stood his ground and won him comfortably in decider. Last year was disappointing for Berdych's standard so I assume he wont hesitate to earn some points early in the season.

And Tsonga ... well. He just looked fat yesterday but because of his still decent skills and DooDoo's "ability to play tennis" he got through.

I aint sayin it will be easy, and it even might take 3 sets, but I will surely back Berdych here even though im more Tsongas game fan (I mean how can you like Berdych?)

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

Nice

pistolpeat
    pistolpeat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 971

Very nice tailed this as well

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

dude i tailed for $5000 thanks so much keepa dem a *** in

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah, always good to have a winning start.

Today I will post as well just one pick although I like several more.

Anyways....

# 2

Medvedev vs Kovalik
    over 22 @ 1.99 (pinnacle)
    1 unit

Talented Russian is deservingly favored here but just a little as Kovalik to me has proved he is into this tournament not only by beating Cilic in 3 sets, but overall he has played here 4 matches where he had to battle hard in couple of them.
    Now there is a chance to get into semis and next opponent (Ramos/Sela) is also winnable for both of them. So I cant see this not being anything but a dog fight.
    Likeliness of one long set is quite high, and 22 is a good line to me, as it can get over in 2 sets as well or at least get a push.
    From the other side it is difficult to imagine that either of them will run through in 2 quick sets.

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO

just disappointing...

this is the very reason I try to avoid totals. My record for totals must be something like 2-42

1st set 1-6 ? Really? and even with that Kovalik had all chances to win the 2nd one... which he managed to blunder away.... but even if he won, I would rate this one as a bad selection....

1-6.....

Flea Hotel
    BANNED FOR WINNING
    Flea Hotel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Awesome. I tailed for 25,000. TY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz22 View Post
    So the thread here offers a strategy where very few picks will be selected (max one per day) to see if pays off at he end.

and we start today with...

Berdych ML
    vs Tsonga @ 2.43(pinnacle)1 unit

I guess bookies were really impressed by Tsongas yesterday's match where he dusted away the Doo Doo clown.

Well, Im not buying it. In fact I think due to this last match Tsonga most likely will play worse today as he had no real chance to test his current form.

Berdych did.

He had a tough tough match against promising fellow countryman, yet he stood his ground and won him comfortably in decider. Last year was disappointing for Berdych's standard so I assume he wont hesitate to earn some points early in the season.

And Tsonga ... well. He just looked fat yesterday but because of his still decent skills and DooDoo's "ability to play tennis" he got through.

I aint sayin it will be easy, and it even might take 3 sets, but I will surely back Berdych here even though im more Tsongas game fan (I mean how can you like Berdych?)

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO

Last pick of the week 1

# 3

Medvedev +3.5 @ 2.139 (pinnacle)
    3 units

Saw both matches yesterday, and boy was I impressed of this youngster from Russia. I had a bet on Dudi to win him and it was really disappointing to see how he didnt convert on the match-point. But you have to give credit to Daniil.
    He will surely be in top 5 in next 3-4 years. His game to me looks already complete. Sure he played against nobodies but Sela actually was very very good yesterday until that match-point.
    On the other hand we have RBA who has proven his ability for some time now and is certainly a favorite here. He played as he always does. Low-error game, fast tempo, but Paire made his life easier yesterday so I will say this - Roberto will be more surprised today by his opponent's game.
    Course there is a chance that Medvedev will kind of fade away, this should be his first ATP final and these things happen, but I thought this would happen yesterday (and it almost did) and he was very calm and confident at all points.
    I dont really see much of a difference between Agut and yesterday's Sela so I wont be surprised that Russian pulls out a win here, but I will take the more cautious selection of this nice spread. Should be tight.
    As you can see I put 3 units here compared to my previous picks - that is how sure I am of this one.
    GL