beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

FYI..Frenchman has reached QF of paris last 7/8 years..

Might be worth it to throw a future on all the Frenchies and hope one big one makes it to the QF for a hedge..

Remember Michael Freakin Llodra almost made it to the finals here twice..That tells you something..

3 setters anybody can get hot...Monfils has never won a 1000..might be his time..

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

goes against rule number one in tennis wagering tho, never bet on a french athlete

tennischallenger
    tennischallenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

well, they have like 30 players in the top 100 so one of them should at least get into the 1/4 finals at home

jokes aside, Monfils withdrew from this one few days ago because of an injury (probably wants to be ready for the Tour Finals in London) so Tsonga looks like the one who should get into the 1/4 finals if Nishikori (probably Nishikori) doesn't beat him in the 1/8 finals.

there are 10 Frenchman in the main draw alongside Tsonga and Gasquet could too be in the 1/4 finals as he plays the winner of Johnson-Pella match in the 1/16 finals (should win that one) and then probably Thiem in the 1/8 finals so Thiem stands between France and the Paris 1/4 finals.

other 8 French guys have a much harder draw than these two (and are, at this moment at least not as good as Tsonga and Gasquet) so I don't think that anyone besides them can make it even into the 1/8 finals.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Thanks Tennis! I follow the challenger circuit a lot as well as many players 100-500, do you do as your name suggests?

tennischallenger
    tennischallenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Yeah man, although in this day and age bookies can get any info and set the odds right most of the time challenger - ITF tennis is still a place where you can make solid profit if you follow it closely (I bet for almost 15 years and my main focus is on men's tennis and basketball).

And about the thread topic - Paire lost to Lorenzi in straight sets, Mathieu to Baghdatis too, Simon plays Benneteau atm and Robert will face Ramos in an hour or so, meaning that 1 of 5 French guys will probably make it through day one of Paris Masters (and that one faced another) so tough luck for the home players (doubt that Robert will surprise Ramos)