Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Nick Kyrgios suspended by the ATP

8 weeks, until the 2017 Australians open and three if he seeks counselling.

Bad as it is to tank (which let's face it happens all the time others are just better at disguising it) the inconsistencies are killing tennis when serena gets off Scott free for threatening to kill an umpire (ultimate star treatment) or Nick gets a lesser punishment for sledging Stan which to me was worse.
    He'll get smarter for it but it's an incredibly idiotic bandaid solution move from the ATP (I didn't think they'd stop to itf stupidity) and the media circus for being morons and playing their part.
    Might have gotten a slap or nothing if he had multiple slams and no doubt many would agree he deserves it but he precedent has been set and it's going to be an inconsistent one which annoys me the most and will have nothing to do with Nick

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor
    gorwin068's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4597

way better than just fine him, money is not a big deal to him

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

The suspension is questionable too more so because there is not much going on at the end of the year and the start of the year where you play maybe one tournament.
    It only rules out a (possibly unlikely) shot at qualifying for London, but even then I dont think there are enough 250 events going on for it. Unless he makes another deep 500 event run or at Paris.