Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

At One Set Action Books - Take the Under?

At books that action bets after one set is complete is it profitable to just take the under for everything and make bank on retirements? Assuming O/u lines are 50-50 and that retirements occur a large majority of the time on the under why doesn't this work... Are those assumptions to big? Has anyone looked into this?

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will only assume here that when they say the bet is valid after one set is complete they are usually talking about straight up wins, overs/unders and handicaps are logically void in a match that has not gone all the way, at least that is what my logic is dictating to me

and trust me, there are dozens of games every day maybe hundreds with wta and only 2-3 are retirements max

to be able to predict which games those will be on a constant basis is very ambitious IMO

Boner_18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by michalis View Post
    I will only assume here that when they say the bet is valid after one set is complete they are usually talking about straight up wins, overs/unders and handicaps are logically void in a match that has not gone all the way, at least that is what my logic is dictating to me

and trust me, there are dozens of games every day maybe hundreds with wta and only 2-3 are retirements max

to be able to predict which games those will be on a constant basis is very ambitious IMO
    Oh! I didn't know 1 set action was only for ML. Let me check my 5Dimes account to see how they do it, I was thinking about this after there was a retirement in a match where I had the over.

As for the second thing you said, I am not proposing picking the matches. I am proposing blindly playing the under because that 2-3 per day would skew the tendency to the under... Of course this could be built into the odds.

I will report back about 5dimes, if the O/u is no action for a retirement then this is all moot anyway.

Boner_18
    Update your status

Indeed it was canceled. Never-mind.

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

good thinking though boner, should always try to take some money from the greedy books

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by michalis View Post

Agreed...You are correct...