Lightning
    Lightning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2229

LIGHTNING Cricket Betting

I do pretty well on the cricket, and I was wondering if there would be any interest in me posting my picks here when it comes around to it.

I had a 19.8% ROI on the big bash league (aussie competition), with a gain of around 20 units.

Then at the t20 world cup, I had a -5.5% ROI, but to be fair, I only lost 2.39 units.

At the IPL, I gained 2.3 units with an ROI of 2.3%.

I made a conscious decision to stop halfway through the world cup though, because I saw some patterns emerging that made it too hard to pick using my style.

The IPL I stopped about halfway though because of university commitments as well. I anticipate I would've made around 5-10 units on that.

With a few books you can bet on pretty much any international cricket match, but I'm taking a bit of a break atm and focusing on tennis.

I've personally made a huge amount of money on test matches in the Australian summer because the pitches are so flat, and once batsmen get it, they're in.

If anyone's interested, I can post my picks here when I see an opportunity I like? A few of them might be live bets though.

A few examples of my bets are below:

http://imgur.com/a/NvT6Z

BIG
    BIG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Sounds Great Good Luck IL be tailing but Lives are always hard to get.

coolguy73739
    coolguy73739's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9574

I am all in with you.. Love betting on cricket..
    How do you analyze these games as there is no pattern in cricket imo as anything is possible..
    My brother says there's huge potential of making good money in cricket with big liquidity..
    Would be waiting for your picks.. Thanks

Lightning

There is big potential, but there's also a big potential to lose a lot of money if you're not careful.

Lots of people bet cricket in different ways, depending on how they know the sport. I'd say cricket is probably my favourite sport, over tennis even, so I spend a lot of time watching it, reading about it etc. When picking h2h, I'll look at the whole team and a range of factors i.e.

"I predicted the Heat for most losses this season, and so far, they’re 0/2. Lynn and Reardon are good players, but they can’t lift an entire team. I saw some encouraging signs from the bowlers last game, but they just didn’t threaten enough.

Perth aren’t exactly cruising, but they have the personnel to bounce back. They’ve lost all four first matches in all four seasons, and made the grand final each time. They will get Shaun Marsh back next game, which is a huge inclusion, but they’ll want to make a start here, at home. The WACA has been their fortress and they’ll want that to continue. Travis Birt is an underrated inclusion, having played t20 for the Hurricanes and Australia no more than two years ago. Coulter-Nile is out, but Behrendorff is in, so it’s pretty much even. I think the Scorchers have the bowling firepower to expose a weak Brisbane batting line-up and win."

One of the markets i hit the most though, is player over/unders. You generally look for players who play it safe and will look to bat through an innings, as opposed to a big hitter:

"I expressed my thoughts on Lynn last game, and even though he got out early – I feel the same way. Lynn is their main batsman and the responsibility to make a biggish total falls squarely on his shoulders. He literally CAN’T get out if the Heat are to do well. Player motivation is one of the things I look for when placing bets, so I’ll look to exploit that here. "

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

color me interested in this thread, as well

Lightning

Alrighty, got a cheeky inplay bet here.

England Vs. Pakistan

Must admit that I just got home so I haven't been watching, but I've followed the ball by ball details and the build up and the pitch is supposed to be flat. Pakistan have lost a few early wickets, and they find themselves 4 down for not a lot, which means they need to do a bit of work.

I'm going to back in the pitch report and the Pakistani batters with my play here.

On bet365, I'm taking:

Pakistan Wickets lost for 250 runs: UNDER 6.5 - $1.8 - ONE STAKE

Lightning

Following up with: ED JOYCE OVER 44.5 - Ireland vs. Afghanistan (SPORTSBET) - $1.85 - ONE STAKE

coolguy73739

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Alrighty, got a cheeky inplay bet here.

England Vs. Pakistan

Must admit that I just got home so I haven't been watching, but I've followed the ball by ball details and the build up and the pitch is supposed to be flat. Pakistan have lost a few early wickets, and they find themselves 4 down for not a lot, which means they need to do a bit of work.

I'm going to back in the pitch report and the Pakistani batters with my play here.

On bet365, I'm taking:

Pakistan Wickets lost for 250 runs: UNDER 6.5 - $1.8 - ONE STAKE
    I was keen to follow your cricket pick but Betfair doesn't have such exotic bets..!!

Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy73739 View Post
    I was keen to follow your cricket pick but Betfair doesn't have such exotic bets..!!

I strongly suggest you get a bet365 account. They have most of my bets.

Lightning

Following up with: ED JOYCE OVER 44.5 - Ireland vs. Afghanistan (SPORTSBET) - $1.85 - ONE STAKE
    BANG - Joyce goes over.

Lightning

That's 2/2 for the night, with a +1.65 unit profit.

Lightning

Bit of a cricket tip before play starts ....
    Misbah is NO on 110. He battled all day yesterday and will look to build with the tail. He's 42 years old and it might be the last time he plays at Lords. He's in, on a good batting track, against a team missing its key fast bowler.
    Misbah Ul Haq OVER 136.5 runs - $1.83 - ONE STAKE

coolguy73739

Bit of a cricket tip before play starts ....
    Misbah is NO on 110. He battled all day yesterday and will look to build with the tail. He's 42 years old and it might be the last time he plays at Lords. He's in, on a good batting track, against a team missing its key fast bowler.
    Misbah Ul Haq OVER 136.5 runs - $1.83 - ONE STAKE
    Don't you play WIN-LOSS kind of bet..?I mean I can't even imagine bet like these ever existed !..lol
    Will be looking forward to you more NORMAL bets including innings score, match winners etc.. Thanks

Lightning

Not really as much... harder to predict and if you bet on a winner right now you'll be waiting for 3 days. I don't mind doing it if I see an opportunity but it's not as much.

coolguy73739

I have bet $35 @ odds in the range of 450 for a DRAW to win $18800 !! on England-Pakistan Cricket match..
    I need good prayers!!...lol.. Lets see..

coolguy73739

Good God! Just realized its 4th day and not 5th.. what a waste.. will try to square up the bet If I can...

Lightning

Nice tip here...

INDIA VS. WEST INDIES - DAY TWO - FIRST TEST

Virat Kohli OVER 188.5 runs - $1.91 (LADBROKES) - TWO STAKES

Don't need to say much about this... he batted through the day yesterday and is NO on 143. He needs 46 runs to pass this, which is a big line, but it's big because he is one of the best batsmen in the world.

Lightning

Just realised... this is a big WIN. Kohli was out for 200, but this was well over.

Lightning

LIVE PLAY

Adam Voges is the main man out there at the moment for Australia, and like so many times over the last year and a half, he has to do a clean-up job. As a West Australian, he's one of my favourite players. I'm not going to go into an in-depth analysis of his playing style right now because it's a live play, but if Australia are to build a decent total, he has to be there for a while.

- Voges OVER 65.5 - $1.83 - (bet365) - ONE STAKE
    - Australia OVER 277.5 runs - $4 (bet365) - HALF STAKE
    - Voges to MAKE A CENTURY - $11 - QUARTER STAKE