EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Russian Roulette: Daily betpoints Game Coming Soon

Given this some thought during the Australian Open as a way to keep the traffic flowing in the tennis sub-forum when Grand Slams are not on the schedule - think I've got something entertaining lined up for people who might be interested.

Will involve opportunities to win betpoints. More details coming this weekend if ya give a damn!

EaglesPhan36

Leak #1
    Russian Roulette will involve plays strictly made on matches involving Russian tennis players - perhaps the most unpredictable of all things to successfully cap in sports.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Im all over this..!

Tom Jane
    Tom Jane's Avatar Become A Pro!

sound like fun EP...I follow the tennis season pretty religiously year round, so sounds good.

tailmypicks
    tailmypicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

great! eaglesphan always coming up with interesting things

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

sounds good - this A-Open has been as good for me as last years...up $$$$....might be a nice way to make some betpoints throughout the season.

EaglesPhan36

Will be releasing the details for this on Sunday after the men's final is done. Hope to generate some interest!

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like a good idea to me!

EaglesPhan36

It's gonna blow your mind. Well that's the motto, after all it's Russian Roulette!

revnecro1273
    revnecro1273's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13172

sounds decent man...like this idea better than picking the winner of a tournament

EaglesPhan36

Fellas and any interested persons, I am finalizing the rules and format for this - have to finish moving into a new townhouse this afternoon, but when I am done I will be posting an update here. Please be sure to check it out. I'm hoping this will be a fun way to win betpoints and help keep this part of SBR crackin' even when there isn't a Grand Slam going on!

EaglesPhan36

THE GAME
    Welcome to SBR Tennis Russian Roulette. This contest is not sanctioned by SBR and is solely the property of we the players. By entering the contest on any given day, you are agreeing to abide by all rules set forth in this rules section. Any violation of said rules can result if you forfeiting any of the betpoints put at risk for this game.

WHAT IS RUSSIAN ROULETTE?
    We've all see it. Russians, the flakiest of the flakey. The ones who make you cringe when they are big favorites and seem likely to roll, only to fall flat on their faces. Cheaters? Fixers? Perhaps. Perhaps just weak minded. This game is intended for you the player to see if you can pick on a given day which weak minded Russian will falter. Here's how it works:

1. Each day, EaglesPhan36 or an appointed and agreed upon substitute poster will post all lines for both ATP & WTA main level matches that involve Russians in a thread labeled "Russian Roulette: Today's Date."

2. To participate in Russian Roulette, you will be asked to risk 10 betpoints for any day that you participate. To do so, you will click on the Gold Coin in the lower left side of the first post in the Russian Roulette thread and donate 10 points to EaglesPhan36 who will act as the bank for this game.
    All fees must be paid before the selected match begins. Anyone who makes a pick for the day without paying the 10 point fee WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN. NO EXCEPTIONS.

3. How do you win? You can win one of two ways. Of the selected matches involving Russians, you are trying to pick either the largest favorite to LOSE or the largest underdog to WIN on a given day. Players in Russian Roulette may choose the same match as other players. A tie breaker question will be presented with each day's choices that you MUST ANSWER in order to be eligible to win in case of a tie. If you do not answer the tie breaker and the person whom you tied with does, that person will be deemed the winner.

4. Payout structure

If no one correctly picks a match on a given day, the HOUSE [EaglesPhan36] keeps all betpoints entered for the day. By this, it is understood that this means every pick made in Russian Roulette for the day was incorrect. If any pick hits - there will always be a winner.

Payouts as far as points are dependent on the number of entries on a given day. The payout structure will however always be as such:

Picking the Biggest Favorite to Lose: 70%
    Picking the Biggest Underdog to Win: 30%

For example, if there were 10 entrants on a day for a total of 100 betpoints. If you picked a -500 favorite to lose and that was the largest to lose that day among the picks, you win 70 betpoints. If you pick the biggest underdog to win among the daily picks, you win 30 betpoints. If only the biggest underdog hits for the day, the winner is still paid 30 betpoints and the other 70 go to the HOUSE [EaglesPhan36]. Vice versa, if only a biggest favorite hits and not an underdog among the picks, 70 points go to the winner and the HOUSE keeps the other 30.

AT THE END OF EACH WEEK, ANY PLAYERS WHO PARTICIPATE IN RUSSIAN ROULETTE EACH DAY OF THE WEEK REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY WIN OR LOSE WILL BE PAID BACK A PARTICIPATION BONUS EVENLY FROM 70% OF THE betpoints COLLECTED BY THE HOUSE DURING THE WEEK.

So for example if the HOUSE collects 200 betpoints from the game during the week and 10 players participate each day, 140 points will be split among those 10 players (14 points each).

---------------------------------
    That's what I've got for the rules for any interested parties. After reading the above rules, please post any comments or questions you may have. I hope the structure for payouts and everything makes sense. And yes, you do read correctly that I would be keeping some of the betpoints as the HOUSE/manager of this game. I am keeping that minimal, but hope that it makes sense to you that I'd also like a chance to gain some points for putting my time into this each day. 30% I think is a small cut, especially because that is dependent on no one winning the contest on a given day for me to earn any points at all. I am going to start out not playing the game myself, so I can concentrate on tracking everything correctly for the players. This game is meant to stimulate the tennis forum year-round, get some points in your pocket and hopefully a little fun for all.

A thread for Monday, February 1st will be made later this evening for anyone choosing to participate. I hope we get a nice crowd to start off strong!

EaglesPhan36

Update: On any day with only one Russian playing, there will be no game. That is the case for Monday based on the lines I find at Pinnacle right now. Still love to hear any feedback on the proposed format and if people are going to play or if I'm going to be wasting time by trying to keep this going. Thanks for any and all input!

poker_dummy101
    poker_dummy101's Avatar Become A Pro!

interesting point rules to say the least

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like it Eagles, I will be in daily.

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Cool idea..

EaglesPhan36

I'm trying to think of something to do on the day where only one Russian is playing or none - I'm thinking Russian Roulette Scavenger Hunt. I'll take points for entries and then ask you guys to post a picture or something like Maria Sharapova eating a banana. First person takes the points. Open to other ideas too for these days.