Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

am I an idiot or is bookmaker...

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Ken'
    Me: Hi Ken, good morning
    Ken: Welcome to our Live Chat Department. My name is Ken. How may I be of assistance?
    Ken: Good morning.
    Me: I just have a quick question. There is aline at the French open, for Wawrinka +1.5sets at 2.31. This has been online for almost 12hrs. I was wondering if the line is reversed or if it's correct? It seems reversed to me but it's strange it hasn't been caught in all this time.
    Ken: The information that we have in regard to this line is that the S WAWRINKA +1½+131 is for the HANDICAP SETS. The line is correct, we are just waiting for them to play, so we can disable the option to bet on this tennis match.
    Me: so +131 = 2.31 in decimal odds, correct?
    Me: so if I bet that line, it'll stand?
    Ken: The line is fine, let me check on the odds.
    Me: I meant, I think the odds are reversed
    Ken: +131=2.31 you are correct sir.
    Me: I strongly believe the odds are reversed and it's Wawrinka +1.5 at 1.64
    Ken: But the odds on this match are correct sir, there is no problem with the line.
    Me: how can the moneyline odd for wawrinka be lower than wawrinka +1.5?
    Ken: My apologies for the delay sir.
    Me: no problem at all
    Ken: I was checking on this for you with the guys in charge of the lines.
    Me: thanks
    Ken: They are saying that the line is fine, the difference is that the market has been betting more on the set handicap than on the moneyline, this is way you can see the prices different. This is the line that the wagering center put on this game. The have it like this because they think that -1.5 is easier for WAWRINKA to complete than just to win the game.
    Me: it says +1.5 for Wawrinka
    Me: not -1.5
    Ken: Sorry I meant +1.5
    Me: so you are saying it's easier for Wawrinka to lose by 3-2 than it would be for him to just win the game??
    Ken: That is why sir, we have the line like this. The guys in charge of putting this lines are saying that the lines are fine.
    Me: I'm happy to bet the line...you'll guarantee me you won't void it, right? So Wawrinka +1.5 sets at 2.35 (or +135) as the odd just went up
    Ken: That is correct sir, the good thing is that I was able to check with the person in charge of putting the lines on Tennis in our site, they verified the lines and they are saying that there is no problem with the information that is available there.
    Ken: You are more than welcome to place a bet on this Tennis Match, there is nothing wrong with this line.
    Me: ok, I just bet the line. Thanks.
    Your chat transcript will be sent to alfateakbart@gmail.com at the end of your chat.
    Me: Have good day
    Ken: Mr. Engelen, you too sir, thank you very much.

Points Awarded:

picopico101 gave Alfa1234 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Alfa1234

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Paul'
    Paul: Welcome to our Live Chat Department. My name is Paul. How may I be of assistance?
    Me: Hi Paul, I'm really sorry to bother you again
    Paul: Hello.
    Me: It's concerning a chat with Ken I just had regarding a line on tennis, Murray VS Wawrinka. You have Wawrinka +1.5 sets at odd 2.35. He assured me multiple times this is correct. However, I just checked the Pinnacle odds and this line would create a huge arbitrage bet. Could you confirm again the line is correct please? I remain confident it is an error.
    Paul: I would be more than glad to assist you.
    Paul: We already had a word with the department in charge of placing the lines and they confirmed that the line was correct.
    Me: Do you realise I have bet this line and I could now bet on your site the moneyline for Murray and come out ahead?? You have created an arbitrage bet on your own site.
    Me: if Murray would win by 3-2, I would win both bets and win huge. any other outcome I would be ahead as well.
    Paul: There is nothing that we can do about the line, it was already checked by the department in charge.
    Paul: The line will remain as it is right now.
    Me: Fine by me...I'm just saying there is an arbitrage bet on your own lines between the handicap line and the moneyline and I'm 100% sure it's an error...but ok...

Alfa1234

And it all ends well...

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    info: You are now chatting with 'Ken'
    me: Hi Ken, good morning again
    Ken: Welcome to our Live Chat Department. My name is Ken. How may I be of assistance?
    Ken: Good day.
    Ken: Hi.
    me: I'm very sorry to bother you (again). I just wanted to make something clear regarding the Murray VS Wawrinka bet.
    Ken: Yes sir.
    Ken: My pleasure.
    me: I made 2 bets for a total of €4500 on Wawrinka +1.5 sets at odd 2.35. If I were to bet now, on your lines, for Murray -1.5 games at odd 1.95 for a total of 5425€...you would be paying me 652 euro no matter the outcome of the game.
    me: Do you realise this?
    me: I would not lose
    me: so this can-not-possibly be correct...unless you are willingly giving customers negative juice.
    me: I like your site and I like bookmakers...so I don't want to see you guys go bankrupt. But there is a mistake there and you are not realising it.
    me: There is an arbitrage bet on your own lines of 6.5%
    me: (I did some calculations just now)
    me: so it's a mistake.
    Ken: Sir, let me check on this for you with the person in charge of these lines, let me ask him if he can see something wrong.
    me: Tell him there is an arbitrage bet on your own lines
    Ken: Yes sir.
    Ken: Are you able to hold while I check on that for you?
    me: thank you
    me: sure, no problem at all
    Ken: You are very welcome sir.
    me: if he still says it's correct...just give me 652€ so I don't have to bother betting the other side
    me: (joke)
    Ken: Mr. ***.
    Ken: Thank you for holding.
    me: No problem
    Ken: After several calls to this department is now they realized this issue with the juice/price of the lines.
    me: 3 chats it took me
    Ken: That is correct sir.
    me: Maybe a little freebie for me for my troubles?
    Ken: The situation here is that I talked to the same person all this time.
    me: I understand
    Ken: And after I explained in detail this situation is that he realized this issue.
    Ken: I am very sorry for this inconvenience sir. Mr. Engelen, I really want to thank you very much for all these chats letting us know about this issue.
    me: No problem. I suppose my bets will be void after all?
    Ken: Normally that is what they do. He is actually working on this to fix the lines.
    Ken: Sincerely sir, thank you so much. I am the supervisor in charge tonight at the customer service department, I will let managers now about this issue, so they can do something to avoid this type of issues in the future.
    me: You're welcome, I had great fun really.
    Ken: Thank you for your time and patience sir. You are right, this situation is very funny. I hope that the manager understand the situation.
    me: Have a good evening Ken!
    Ken: Thank you sir, take good care of yourself.
    info: Your chat transcript will be sent to xxx at the end of your chat.
    me: You too!

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor
    gorwin068's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4609

Omg if that's the case, why would you have to be such horribly honest to a bookmaker? They wouldn't even say Thank You to you when they took your money away from your losing bets.
    You are neither cheating nor offending any rules, you are just betting on the markets they are offering publicly.

Alfa1234

They would just void it anyway after the game...I just find it shocking (and very funny) it took 3 chats and a step-by-step explanation for them to realise the error.

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor
    gorwin068's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4609

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post
    They would just void it anyway after the game...I just find it shocking (and very funny) it took 3 chats and a step-by-step explanation for them to realise the error.
    But as what the conversation shows, it seems like they may not even find this error in the end...unless you put 1 million into it and then they will find it suspicious and check what's happening...

fabric
    fabric's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats bookmaker.eu?

i love this shit, even after you tell them you can make an arbitrage bet at their OWN site they still did not realise what was going on

you wonder where do they hire those clowns who call themselves "customer representative" or "linesmaker"

maletaja
    maletaja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1883

Sry why you are coworker for the betting site 0$/hour thats their job!

I dont know rules, but i dont know could they suspend bet, if game is already running?Theoretically they cant do it, because if bet win they forfeit bet, and when bet loses, then they "didnt notice wrong line"
    I just do bet for weak lines even not trying arbing just for value

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

Dude i hate to say this but you're an idiot. They CONFIRMED the line is fine and you just kept begging for them to void your bets.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by Steamroller View Post
    Dude i hate to say this but you're an idiot. They CONFIRMED the line is fine and you just kept begging for them to void your bets.
    It was so obviously an error he knew that it would be voided if it won and if it lost and he went back afterward to claim a bad line he would be thrown out as a shot taker.

Had no choice once the bet was made and it had sunk in what was going to happen. Was the only way out really.

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It was so obviously an error he knew that it would be voided if it won and if it lost and he went back afterward to claim a bad line he would be thrown out as a shot taker.

Had no choice once the bet was made and it had sunk in what was going to happen. Was the only way out really.
    He asked for the confirmation and then made the bet. If he knew it was an error then why make the bet in the first place and then beg for a void? Did he really think that the booker would reward him lol.
    Last edited by Steamroller; 06-03-16 at 01:41 PM.

Alfa1234

I was having fun, obviously. I told them I would bet the line, knowing very well it would be voided when I placed it. Nothing had to "sink in". I have no interest in picking a fight with a book I like.

KingHawkins
    KingHawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21284

They're idiotic, but you're an idiot and your justification for your persistence is moronic.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Alfa1234

Quote Originally Posted by KingHawkins View Post
    They're idiotic, but you're an idiot and your justification for your persistence is moronic.
    I can feel the love.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Yeah, I saw the line and could not help myself but arbing it for a little, so thanks. They did cancel Wawa +1.5 sets but I won with Andy -1.5 sets. Cool.

All in all, your interaction with them was pretty moronic. If you think they will cancel the bet then just don't place it. Why would you even try to notify them about a bad line ? F.ck them.