DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Still think Murray wins, I've seen this movie 10000x times. It'll be a hard fought 3rd but Murray will pull through and win the next two sets easily.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6195

stephenak is no mug he can slice and volley and push his way to upset wins

FoxMulder
    FoxMulder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3121

Radek Stepanek has a way of getting under his opponent's skin. Murray is not the most cool-headed person on the tour.

I'd love to see Murray bow out early. Teaches him some humility perhaps. Lack thereof mentioned between the lines by Amelie Mauresmo last week.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Yes Muzza will still win.

DR225

There's such a talent/athletic gap between these guys is that all it will take is one crack in Stepanek's psyche for him to be undone.

btw what humility things are you talking about?

DR225

damn I didn't realize they were going to stop soon. I penetrating hate France.

DR225

lol Stepanek is trying to get the match postponed ASAP!!

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

I think the umpire said they could play one more set.

FoxMulder

Quote Originally Posted by DR225 View Post
    There's such a talent/athletic gap between these guys is that all it will take is one crack in Stepanek's psyche for him to be undone.

btw what humility things are you talking about?
    He's constantly bashing his box during the games and Mauresmo had enough. She says he's "complex" and on / off court personalities are completely different. She says he doesn't listen to anybody so there's no point. She figured it was not worth it, not with a new baby onboard so she split. Murray is a spoiled child and needs a firm hand and a baseball bat

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

DR225

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    He's constantly bashing his box during the games and Mauresmo had enough. She says he's "complex" and on / off court personalities are completely different. She says he doesn't listen to anybody so there's no point. She figured it was not worth it, not with a new baby onboard so she split. Murray is a spoiled child and needs a firm hand and a baseball bat
    I don't think you can be a professional athlete without a huge ego. And the bashing his box stuff in nonsense, she's a grown woman that should know not to take it personally. This is probably more about her not being able to help Murray bridge the gap between him and Joker (an admittedly almost impossible task).

DR225

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    What happened man, Coric didn't win yet?

FoxMulder

I don't think you can be a professional athlete without a huge ego. And the bashing his box stuff in nonsense, she's a grown woman that should know not to take it personally. This is probably more about her not being able to help Murray bridge the gap between him and Joker (an admittedly almost impossible task).

Federer disproves your theory and he's considered the greatest athlete of all times. It's like LeBron vs Curry, both top players, one has humility the other don't. One is likeable, the other is not. Both can be appreciated for their talents. One will go down in history as a great basketball player, the other as a great sportsman. The road they take is a test of character, in which Murray bitterly fails.

There's a bigger gap between WTA and ATP tennis, Mauresmo didn't make much sense at first glance. However she was supposed to be there for mental coaching, just like Becker is there for Djoker (or Nadal's uncle for Nadal). Actual tennis coaches they employ are different people, they are the ones that are supposed to bridge the gap between Murray and the other 3 horsemen of the so called "big 4". His shortcomings are not solely mental, although half of it really is. I haven't seen much improvement in Murray's on court behaviour, in fact things got even more out of hand.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

what time are they gonna stop for the day?

rake922

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    what time are they gonna stop for the day?
    looks like now

FoxMulder

Frakking Zhang driving me crazy, can not close on Voskoboeva. She has only one good foot for god's sake

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I'm amazed they almost finished every match today...Tomorrow looks good for weather..Should be back on track..And doo doo pulled through!!

FoxMulder

Damn.. Doi had Stosur where she wanted her. Another 15-20 mins and the set should have been done and dusted.

DR225

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    Federer disproves your theory and he's considered the greatest athlete of all times. It's like LeBron vs Curry, both top players, one has humility the other don't. One is likeable, the other is not. Both can be appreciated for their talents. One will go down in history as a great basketball player, the other as a great sportsman. The road they take is a test of character, in which Murray bitterly fails.

There's a bigger gap between WTA and ATP tennis, Mauresmo didn't make much sense at first glance. However she was supposed to be there for mental coaching, just like Becker is there for Djoker (or Nadal's uncle for Nadal). Actual tennis coaches they employ are different people, they are the ones that are supposed to bridge the gap between Murray and the other 3 horsemen of the so called "big 4". His shortcomings are not solely mental, although half of it really is. I haven't seen much improvement in Murray's on court behaviour, in fact things got even more out of hand.
    I'm American, I don't think I've ever heard anyone saying that Federer is the greatest athlete of all time. Even in tennis, Nadal and Djokovic have surpassed him. And yeah, Federer is portrayed as a model gentleman but there's been tons of questionable quotes and actions over the years, I'd say Fed does a better job of hiding arrogance than most. I'm a fan of him though, he is definitely one of the most charismatic players.

I'm not that familiar with tennis coaches but it seems like players go through them very quickly. I think it was under Mauresmo that Andy started working on his clay game, so ultimately the partnership produced some results. Nevermind about the clay comment, I thought he didn't do as well at the FO in years past but he has consistent results over the years.
    Last edited by DR225; 05-23-16 at 02:43 PM.

Jinge
    Jinge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

I'm American, I don't think I've ever heard anyone saying that Federer is the greatest athlete of all time. Even in tennis, Nadal and Djokovic have surpassed him. And yeah, Federer is portrayed as a model gentleman but there's been tons of questionable quotes and actions over the years, I'd say Fed does a better job of hiding arrogance than most. I'm a fan of him though, he is definitely one of the most charismatic players.

I'm not that familiar with tennis coaches but it seems like players go through them very quickly. I think it was under Mauresmo that Andy started working on his clay game, so ultimately the partnership produced some results. Nevermind about the clay comment, I thought he didn't do as well at the FO in years past but he has consistent results over the years.
    Federer has won more best athlete (chosen by other athletes) and athlete with most sportmanship awards than Nadal and Djokovic together. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

DR225

I guess it's just my personal opinion, I don't watch sports award shows like the Espys.

rake922

I guess it's just my personal opinion, I don't watch sports award shows like the Espys.
    u hear about this guy?
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ntenced-887944

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

What happened man, Coric didn't win yet?
    Cilic blew up one parlay

I had another with raonic/murray but now all the money is tied up for another day because they couldn't finish.

I also bet two women's matches which were listed as today, but got pushed to tomorrow, so now all my money is tied up on tennis.

DR225

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    I'm not sure where you live since you find my opinion so surprising. If you ask a random American who the best athlete ever is, they will most likely tell you a football, basketball or baseball player. If you ask someone from Europe, they will likely tell you a soccer player. Tennis isn't on the same level as the above sports, popularity wise.

DR225

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Cilic blew up one parlay

I had another with raonic/murray but now all the money is tied up for another day because they couldn't finish.

I also bet two women's matches which were listed as today, but got pushed to tomorrow, so now all my money is tied up on tennis.
    Yeah, these rain delays have wrecked havoc with my bankroll. I actually had to cancel a withdrawal I made earlier today so I can make bets tonight and tomorrow morning. Raonic -2.5 sets was the best play today, Tips is done.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

In interviews with Fed you used to didnt get many human answers, he's changed that in past years and has become more likable in that regard. With majors, Fed came along at a good time for himself, he's an naturally gifted athlete, and was fortunate enough to win his majors while Nadal and Djokovic were still cubs and not matured yet, thats not Fed's fault though.

FoxMulder

I'm not sure where you live since you find my opinion so surprising. If you ask a random American who the best athlete ever is, they will most likely tell you a football, basketball or baseball player. If you ask someone from Europe, they will likely tell you a soccer player. Tennis isn't on the same level as the above sports, popularity wise.
    I think the heart of the discussion is the difference between being a player and being a sportsman/athlete, nevermind the greatest. There's a philosophical difference between these two. Everybody with talent can be a good player, but being a good athlete requires certain qualities ie. character and control, on and off the playing ground. Everybody has an ego, trick is to control it so it won't get the best of you. Of course RF has an ego, he has great determination. He's the most successful tennis player alive, even Boris Becker admits to that and one just don't become the best without determination. But I've not seen success going to his head, win or lose he's a gentleman through and through,he wins or loses fairly and with respect to his opponent and the fans. Perhaps only a handful of outbursts or controversies in 18 years of pro career. When he sets foot on the court, you'll know he'll give his best, plays to the last point and shakes hands and pats his opponent in the back even if he loses. He doesn't go about barking at his box, shouting and screaming.

I'm just watching a movie called Pele: Birth of a Legend. Pele gets into a brawl with the opposition team just the day before a tournament. When he finds out, Pele's father tells him that a good player knows fighting comes from insecurity. The next day, they concede 6 goals and one of the opposition players starts calling him names. Just as he was gonna punch the guy out, he sees his father in the stands and remembers what he told him. He stops. He harnesses that rage and channels into a positive performance, scores 5 goals. It's all about self-control.

I'm from Europe and I live in a country where football (that's soccer to you) is taken more serious than religion. I'm an avid football fan, I watch all sports, I still consider Federer as GOAT.

FoxMulder

I don't wanna jinx it but Bertens is playing absolutely fantastic.

Steamroller

Sometimes i feel that half of those womens medical timeouts are just fake.

FoxMulder

Quote Originally Posted by Steamroller View Post
    Sometimes i feel that half of those womens medical timeouts are just fake.
    That one was fake

DR225

I'll respond to that discussion later man.

I'm surprised at how well Benneteau is playing, I thought this was going to be a one sided beatdown

DR225

Murray better break Step quickly so I don't have to sweat....I have a confession to make, I stupidly took Murray -380 like 30 minutes before they stopped playing yesterday. I didn't consider the darkness aspect at all or I wouldn't have done it.

Steamroller

Lol Murray. "Towel please. C'mon man c'mon!"

DR225

lol come on murray, you beat joker a couple days ago, just finish this old man!!

First 123 Last