Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5636

Simona Error

I watched the Bacsinzszky/Halep match. Never seen such a manufacturing of errors after conveniently winning the first set.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    I watched the Bacsinzszky/Halep match. Never seen such a manufacturing of errors after conveniently winning the first set.
    Must not watch women's much

Breadloser
    Big Bear
    Breadloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

And suddenly Bascinsky is 8-2 over her last 10 matches. She was absolutely unstoppable last spring as well.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRudeboy View Post
    Must not watch women's much
    I don't watch much tennis in general because the schedule of a lost of the games don't suit my job schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Breadloser View Post
    And suddenly Bascinsky is 8-2 over her last 10 matches. She was absolutely unstoppable last spring as well.
    With that form, she could make the semis of the French Open.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Get Tennis Channel man. Seriously, best $4 a month I ever spent.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Not to mention it definitely (somewhat) easier to bet on these clowns when you stop looking solely at numbers and actually see what they're doing from day to day.

Conqueror

Not to mention it definitely (somewhat) easier to bet on these clowns when you stop looking solely at numbers and actually see what they're doing from day to day.
    Definitely!!!

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Get Tennis Channel man. Seriously, best $4 a month I ever spent.
    The tennis channel is absolute garbage. They rarely ever show the competitive matches I want to see, instead it's joker or serena vs some scrub. They also seem to favor wta matches over atp matches. Yesterday I had to suffer through Mugu/Aza while Murray and Dimitrov was going on, which is like watching highschool football over an nfl game. Also they sometimes have random debates about meaningless topics while actual tennis matches are going on. I'm still happy I bought it because I struggle to make myself watch tennis when I only have terrible quality streams, so it ends up helping me but I'm not satisfied with the channel at all. The best case would be showing tennis live on espn3 and not delayed a couple points which ruins live betting.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Quote Originally Posted by DR225 View Post
    The tennis channel is absolute garbage. They rarely ever show the competitive matches I want to see, instead it's joker or serena vs some scrub. They also seem to favor wta matches over atp matches. Yesterday I had to suffer through Mugu/Aza while Murray and Dimitrov was going on, which is like watching highschool football over an nfl game. Also they sometimes have random debates about meaningless topics while actual tennis matches are going on. I'm still happy I bought it because I struggle to make myself watch tennis when I only have terrible quality streams, so it ends up helping me but I'm not satisfied with the channel at all. The best case would be showing tennis live on espn3 and not delayed a couple points which ruins live betting.
    I agree pretty much with everything you said, but it still beats not having the channel at all.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Just keep Flashscore open for this. Best thing I've found second to being there.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Halep doesnt have the best of endurance, move her around a bit it starts to show.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Ive always complained about this but I wanted to see the Aza match over Dmi, I follow and bet women's a heck of alot more. Another thing is they dont show scores of other matches, they show at least show a ticker from time to time, it takes them forever to show a score even though I have scoreboard up sometimes Im not around puter. The lopsided matches they show are dumb, they feel Im sure people want to see Joker play but who cares if its against a scrub, at least after Joker's up 4-0 switch to a competitive match.

DR225

Just keep Flashscore open for this. Best thing I've found second to being there.
    Flashscore used to be open 24/7 on my laptop, I love that site. I recently switched to www.scoreboard.com because every once in a while the military time would mess me up and scoreboard is the same site except the times are listed for est. Also I've become addicted to betting on service breaks with bookmakers live betting and it's sometimes dangerous to bet those purely on the score and most of the time I bet them based on instinct when I'm watching a match live. The main reason I don't ever use espn3 is that in the tense moments during break points, I would spoil it for myself by going to flashscore rather than seeing the point play out lol.

DR225

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Ive always complained about this but I wanted to see the Aza match over Dmi, I follow and bet women's a heck of alot more. Another thing is they dont show scores of other matches, they show at least show a ticker from time to time, it takes them forever to show a score even though I have scoreboard up sometimes Im not around puter. The lopsided matches they show are dumb, they feel Im sure people want to see Joker play but who cares if its against a scrub, at least after Joker's up 4-0 switch to a competitive match.
    The Aza match was definitely a higher level than most wta matches but I unfortunately had Murray in a couple parlays so that made me a bit exasperated with having to watch the women. Also I forgot about when they interview the top players off the court, instead of showing the live matches. The one thing I love about the channel is when they show Darren Cahill coaching Halep, that guy is probably the best tennis analyst/coach in the world.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

The Aza match was definitely a higher level than most wta matches but I unfortunately had Murray in a couple parlays so that made me a bit exasperated with having to watch the women. Also I forgot about when they interview the top players off the court, instead of showing the live matches. The one thing I love about the channel is when they show Darren Cahill coaching Halep, that guy is probably the best tennis analyst/coach in the world.
    You're not the only one. Talk about a womanly meltdown, Halep showed less vagina than Murray did.

Breadloser
    Big Bear

Espn3 is fine for the 15-20 biggest events, whatever they carry. Between that, and the occasional Eurosport stream it's not hard to see where the pieces fit. The live betting thing is a non issue for me. Are you really going to sit there betting on individual games throughout the match?

Breadloser
    Big Bear

USTA Challenger streams is another must for the hardcore tennis bettor. The information from that commentary is invaluable.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Espn3 is fine for the 15-20 biggest events, whatever they carry. Between that, and the occasional Eurosport stream it's not hard to see where the pieces fit. The live betting thing is a non issue for me. Are you really going to sit there betting on individual games throughout the match?
    I once bet on Novak to break 3x in one match when he took the set 6-0

Breadloser
    Big Bear

I once bet on Novak to break 3x in one match when he took the set 6-0
    One time is really worth sitting there for each match? Also, you can make those bets between changeovers. You don't need to try to beat the "loading time" at Bookmaker. I like to limit myself to live betting between sets.

DR225

One time is really worth sitting there for each match? Also, you can make those bets between changeovers. You don't need to try to beat the "loading time" at Bookmaker. I like to limit myself to live betting between sets.
    Making bets on service breaks before they start the game is purely gambling imo. With bookmaker though, they let you bet on a service game until one of the players gets to 40 and with the additional information (if they are mostly hitting 2nd serves or whether they look rattled or frustrated), it's a much better bet. My favorite time to bet a break is when the superior player is up 15-30 and it's near the end of the set (and usually it's still + money).

Breadloser
    Big Bear

Making bets on service breaks before they start the game is purely gambling imo. With bookmaker though, they let you bet on a service game until one of the players gets to 40 and with the additional information (if they are mostly hitting 2nd serves or whether they look rattled or frustrated), it's a much better bet. My favorite time to bet a break is when the superior player is up 15-30 and it's near the end of the set (and usually it's still + money).
    Pure gambling? What does that even mean? Just so you know though, the prices on Bookmaker are not the real prices, the 365 prices are. By playing Bookmakers live game you stand no chance of winning anything real over the long run.

DR225

Pure gambling? What does that even mean? Just so you know though, the prices on Bookmaker are not the real prices, the 365 prices are. By playing Bookmakers live game you stand no chance of winning anything real over the long run.
    Yeah, I know the pregame break odds are much better but you have a much higher chance of hitting the bookmaker ones (at least I do). By pure gambling, I mean guessing. Even guys like joker aren't fully committed to putting in the energy to break serve every single game. If they quickly lose the first and second points of a service game, then it isn't very likely that they will break. If they are defending really great and the server is crumbling, it's a great chance to swoop in and bet a break. Just now I had monfis breaking dimitrov at the end of the 1st to send it to a tiebreak and I just won again with monfis breaking dimitrov in the 2nd. I probably do lose more than I win on these though because I stupidly keep doing it on surfaces where breaks are far and few between.

Breadloser
    Big Bear

Yeah, I know the pregame break odds are much better but you have a much higher chance of hitting the bookmaker ones (at least I do). By pure gambling, I mean guessing. Even guys like joker aren't fully committed to putting in the energy to break serve every single game. If they quickly lose the first and second points of a service game, then it isn't very likely that they will break. If they are defending really great and the server is crumbling, it's a great chance to swoop in and bet a break. Just now I had monfis breaking dimitrov at the end of the 1st to send it to a tiebreak and I just won again with monfis breaking dimitrov in the 2nd. I probably do lose more than I win on these though because I stupidly keep doing it on surfaces where breaks are far and few between.
    I think you would be better off doing it in between games. A lot of these players have tendencies you can capitalize on.

With Bookmaker, I think you're better off sticking with pregame odds. Their live betting site is way overpriced. Horrid tennis book. 5 Dimes is the way to go.

DR225

I think you would be better off doing it in between games. A lot of these players have tendencies you can capitalize on.

With Bookmaker, I think you're better off sticking with pregame odds. Their live betting site is way overpriced. Horrid tennis book. 5 Dimes is the way to go.
    Bookmaker might not have the best odds, in live betting or pregame but I really like how they void retirements. I mostly bet favorites, sometimes big big favorites and I've saved a lot over the years with that rule. Also 5dimes used to have amazing live betting with the old live betting ultra but I dislike the new one and I hate live betting extra. I also don't like relying on 5dimes live-in-play, they screwed me over a couple times last football season with opening the line-in-play lines way too late.

The best thing about bookmaker is consistently (they've been slipping with the tennis live betting lately though), usually I'll know I can bet a match and I know the lines will be open no matter what unless there's a medical timeout/injury. There isn't any guesswork on whether I will be able to live bet a match or not and this is very important to me because my main betting strategy is parlays and I need to hedge often.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Christ man, who said anything about betting every game of every set of every match? You asked if I would ever want to bet individual games-- the answer to that question, is unequivocally yes.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

In any event, I was betting close to even money (maybe even plus money I forgot) on Novak to break. He did on his first opportunity against a clearly inferior foe (don't remember who) so I just pressed my advantage same as if I was playing Blackjack. Who cares if that's gambling?