risk 2 units

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Wrong side Petey.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

The conditions are just brutal out there today. Depends on who will want it more, but based on the current level of play Svitolina should be the fav.

jtoler

Svitolina did nothing special against Wozzy who should have won in 2 had she not taken the 2nd set off, odds a little too low on Makarova if you ask me, but this is women's tennis so.

frugalgambler

I think I watched a different match. Woz was pretty solid, in her usual human backboard style. Svitolina found an extra gear, served pretty well starting from the 2nd set and was just more aggressive and consistent, and that is not an easy feat against a backboard.

frugalgambler

There is another wrinkle: Svitolina will not want to lose to a Russian player; she is an ardent Ukranian nazi supporter.

jtoler

Yea we saw two different matches, I saw both with not much power, Wozzy kinda unsure of herself throughout the match, she's still not in good form, Macky gonna be pushing Svit all off the court today and tiring her out. Only thing Macky just needs to get her first serve in consistently and she shouldnt have too many problems.

frugalgambler

Makarova first has to conquer the demons in her head. One of the premium headcases out there. Dude, you just have no clue about WTA if you were expecting any power from Woz.

jtoler

Uh no I wasnt expecting power from Wozzy, but when she's in form she hits a few balls harder, she had little confidence, had 42 UE's that match, very uncharacteristic of her. So far going as predicted, Svit is running for her life and will continue to be dominated.

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Uh no I wasnt expecting power from Wozzy, but when she's in form she hits a few balls harder, she had little confidence, had 42 UE's that match, very uncharacteristic of her. So far going as predicted, Svit is running for her life and will continue to be dominated.
    Woz just could not go through Svitolina hence the UEs. Pretty much how Agga could not go through Timea today.

Anyways, good call on Makarova, jtoler. Did not watch that match so no idea what happened there.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Woz just could not go through Svitolina hence the UEs. Pretty much how Agga could not go through Timea today.

Anyways, good call on Makarova, jtoler. Did not watch that match so no idea what happened there.
    Pretty straight forward, Svit made a last stand on when it was like 5-1, she started playing like she should have at the start and won a few games.