RyanMozambique
    RyanMozambique's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1682

Marcos Baghdatis 2-0 vs Benjamin Becker great value?

So Marcos Baghdatis leads the H2H 3-0 vs Benjamin Becker. Straights sets in the AO, straight sets in bazel(hardcourts) and 2-0 on grass.

Benjamin Becker is turning 35 in a couple of months while Baghdatis is 30. Baghdatis has a good start this season on hard courts, he got an unlucky draw in the AO, played Tsonga in the opening round of the AO and lost 3-1. Then he lost in the quarters in Montpleiller to the winner Gasquet and lost in Rotterdam to the winner Klizan. Then he went on to reacht the final in Dubai.

Becker has been playing challenger players and weak ATP players and hasnt beaten anybody of notice. Ive watched him a couple of times and I was not impressed. His only weapon is his decent serve but Baghdatis has a really good return game.

I really have a good feeling about this one. My book offers the 2-0 @2.35

Anyone agrees that this is a good play?

RyanMozambique

I also like the ML @1.47
    I want to put like 400 on the ML and 250 on the straight sets bet but waiting for some advice

JohnHanson
    JohnHanson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2248

I think the odds are good staid from the bookies. Really a trap spot here in my opinion. Miami is a very slow hardcourt, like Indian Wells with its own characteristics. Baghdatis doesnt like this slower hard courts and clay courts with his game style. Becker also like more the faster one, but can play solid on slower ones including clay courts too with his game style.

Also Becker has already two games on this court from the quali games which he won in a "bad" game vs. a worser Stepanek 2-1 and yesterday 7-6, 6-2 vs. Arnaboldi, which is not a bad player on slower courts. In the first set he was down 0-3, but after that he played solid and won 7-6, 6-2. I think he find his game on this special hard court now.

Btw. Baghdatis is often very moody. His last game was at 27.02. I think he needs some time to get in rhythm.

Last year he lost in the first game here in Miami 6-2, 6-2 as a 1,7x fav. vs. Bolelli with a very bad peformance after also good hardcourt season. In my opinion its no coincidence. As I said, he really doesnt like the slower courts.

If I have to bet I would bet for first set Becker@2,65 or the ml @2,9.

My 2 cents.

Btw. I like today Herbert. P @1,9x vs. Rosol very much, he looked in the quali games very good and his global form also climbing constantly. Rosol looked in Indian Wells not that good in form.

Sry for not perfect english and decimal odds, Im from germany.
    Points Awarded:

brodie gave JohnHanson 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ProDane
    ProDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4526

Rosol will win today.

RyanMozambique

Thanks for your insight!

sexmann
    sexmann's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10562

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMozambique View Post
    Thanks for your insight!
    rosol and baghdatis will win

Don_Omarion
    Goals are set! +100 Units
    Don_Omarion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1304

like it honestly , waits for ML to be 1.50 and will take it ( -200 )

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

I like Baghdatis too and was gonna make a play but I'm gonna leave it.
    I think the odds could be an indicator that the match may not be as easy as people think plus I don't think Baghdatis is worth taking when he is that short.
    Could be a trap, might not be. If he wins easily so be it. BOL

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

And of course those of us who sat out are regretting second guessing ourselves hah

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by sexmann View Post
    rosol and baghdatis will win
    haha fuk this guy. 214 posts in 6 years? who do you work for?