jordanft19
    Ottawa, ON Canada
    jordanft19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Murray (+422 5Dimes) seems to be slightly underrated with those odds?

I know Djokovic is probably going to win but does anyone think this line seems a bit off? Fed was +250/+260 against Nole and he is no where near Djokovic's level nowadays on Djokovic's best surface begin hard court, but I think murray could give djokovic a run for his money. I am think over on the games for sure but does anyone here thinking of sprinkling a bit on murray ML? Thanks

jordanft19
    Ottawa, ON Canada

thinking*

jordanft19
    Ottawa, ON Canada

Sorry for the spelling mistakes, just realized I made alot there lol

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by jordanft19 View Post
    I know Djokovic is probably going to win but does anyone think this line seems a bit off? Fed was +250/+260 against Nole and he is no where near Djokovic's level nowadays on Djokovic's best surface begin hard court, but I think murray could give djokovic a run for his money. I am think over on the games for sure but does anyone here thinking of sprinkling a bit on murray ML? Thanks
    no. no. and no.

don't be stupid. murray could be +800 here, who cares. if you can't see Joker lifting the trophy here than stop gambling forever

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

At best Murray will take a set, kinda like the Fed match when Joker kinda took off a set for a breather, Murray wont win this save your money.

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Not really.

Aus Open is Novaks best court, so it's obviously his fav court to play Murray on. Murray would prefer to play Djoker at Wimbledon or US Open.

Murray 2-0 vs Djoker at Slam finals at US Open and Wimbledon, 0-3 at Australian Open.

I would give Murray a good chance at Wimbledon, less of a chance at USOpen and even less at Aussie.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Have you even seen them play recently ? Different levels. All the h2h stats are ignoring Murray's back surgery and Novak's rise to a new level of power. Andy has not really been the same since that surgery. Just look at the coaching box: Boris Becker vs Amelie Mauresmo.

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

after watching murray vs raonic, there is snowball's chance in hell murray will win tomorrow

jordanft19
    Ottawa, ON Canada

Fair enough lol! I kinda figured djokovic was the guy to win it, but I though that +422 looked rather odd. Then I saw the head to head and thought otherwise dang lol

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Anyone have any thoughts on Djokovic -6?

SCI
    SCI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

The only way Murray has a decent shot is if Djokovic plays like he did against Simon.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Djokovic has every possible advantage heading into this. He's fresher cause he got an extra day of rest before the final. Murray just blew his load last night just to make the final. Murray is a headcase right now too. About to have his first kid, his brother is in the doubles final and his father in law just collapsed courtside a couple matches back. Dude has too much going on to be in the mental state he needs to be in to dethrone Djoker on his favourite surface, in the prime of his career. He's been playing really passive lately too, almost like Wozniacki on the WTA, just hit it back and wait for the unforced error from the opponent. Djokovic will expose that, cause he's aggressive and doesn't miss often. This would be a huge upset in my opinion given recent form and all the circumstances.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

I would not be so harsh with Andy. He is still a very good player, an undisputed part of top-3. The tennis he showed in set #2 yesterday was right up there with Novak's "usual" level of play (not the incredible level Novak reached when he handled Roger in sets 1 and 2 of his SF). The problem is that Andy cannot play this way for too long, while Djoker is more durable and has an extra gear. But you never know. I'd say Andy takes a set tomorrow, maybe even two but that would be quite unlikely.