Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5341

Australian Open Futures propositions

ATP
    I'm of the opinion that the only player that stands in Djokovic's way is his "slam nemesis", Wawrinka. Therefore, these propositions look good:

Djokovic -160
    Wawrinka +1088

You can vary your units on each to ensure profitability.

WTA
    There's no defacto favorite here. Serena and Vika might not even make the semis. Therefore, value picks are:

Muguruza +1419
    Kvitova +2057

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Why so quick to dismiss Vika? She's won in Melbourne before, looks to be in great form?

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Why would Serena and Vika not make the semis ? Serena looked pretty fit out there, and Sharapova has huge issues playing against her. Vika is a bit more of a question mark, and I agree that the current prop @+350 is not too attractive. But Serena is still @+250, which makes no sense to me.

frugalgambler

Djokovic looked "good" at -120, but -160 might be an overreaction. Wawrinka is not exactly the most predictable player, big volatility there.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

5 units on Novak pending at -150. I see no obstacles to the final.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Djokovic looked "good" at -120, but -160 might be an overreaction. Wawrinka is not exactly the most predictable player, big volatility there.
    His volatility is good because he struggles when you don't expect and comes up big when you'd think he's got no chance. I love him for that. I really do.

Conqueror

The No 2 WTA player (Halep) is out already. When you say there's no prohibitive favorite to win the WTA title, some folks would say "hey! don't say that". Now you see what's going on.

frugalgambler

LOL, Halep was "expected" to be punked. See e.g. MGT's preview. Nobody was expecting it to happen so early, but not that big of a deal. Now that quarter has opened up nicely. Keys, Makarova, Konta all have a decent shot to make the semis.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    LOL, Halep was "expected" to be punked. See e.g. MGT's preview. Nobody was expecting it to happen so early, but not that big of a deal. Now that quarter has opened up nicely. Keys, Makarova, Konta all have a decent shot to make the semis.
    I think Makarova will make it in that quarter.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    ATP
    I'm of the opinion that the only player that stands in Djokovic's way is his "slam nemesis", Wawrinka. Therefore, these propositions look good:

Djokovic -160
    Wawrinka +1088

You can vary your units on each to ensure profitability.

WTA
    There's no defacto favorite here. Serena and Vika might not even make the semis. Therefore, value picks are:

Muguruza +1419
    Kvitova +2057
    Kvitova already out. Will see how it'll pan out in the WTA but I stand by my ATP propositions.

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Vika

frugalgambler

I think Nishikori will give a run to Djoker in the QF. And the tired Djoker might have issues with Feds in the semis. We'll see. I think Nishi is looking pretty good right now.