Carnivore
    Carnivore's Avatar Become A Pro!

Joker confirmed this morning that he was offered 200K to fix a match.

Interesting that he jumped out in front of this story.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

He said that years ago...
    Or if it wasn't ages ago it's hardLu groundbreaking news

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Gotta think Cilic would be someone who you could have paid off. There are so many others.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 8679

8 in the Aussie Open field.

Would like names...

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

No surprise that match fixing still goes on today. Low level players can make more money fixing their matches in the early round of tourneys especially if they know they probably aren't good enough to advance far enough anyway to win legit prize money.

There's no way I'd bet the early rounds of these tourneys for just this reason.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Probably many fixed matches. When a higher ranked player is involved they cover it up. Fukking fixers

Davydenko has been doing matchfixing.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Davydenko (retired now, but he is unmatched in terms of match fixing), Dolgopolov, and every Italian player are the ones that come to mind.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Djokovic was approached when he was much younger you can find the article if you Google it

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Everyone so focused on the trees they often miss the forest.

MGTennisTipster
    MGTennisTipster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2084

Just hope they start to give more importance to this issue. Nothing new for those envolved on betting business and is something that we would all win if it was eradicated. Is always tough to analyze one match and at the end you never had a chance because he already decided to fix it.

Following odds movement, ammount of money placed and the player performances would be the best way to detect this situations.

Here is a great example of what is most likely a fixed match: http://www.oddsportal.com/tennis/ger...louk-CfxxAVfi/

Open around 1.35, closed as underdog. I've watched that match at the time and remember to be something terrible.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by Wallnuts View Post
    lol at Tennis Integrity Unit.
    Why would ATP spend money on detectives to help collect evidence and prosecute their stars publicly making the average spectator think twice before paying 10 british pounds for a glass of strawberries at Wimbledon?

95% of tennis fans have never placed a bet on the sport, 90% probably never placed a bet period. Any top official in a multibillion organization, especially an elected official who is judged on performance/profitability, is interested in seeing his business thrive. Seeing how American governments, and governments of most countries on Earth misuse pension funds (because who cares what happens to the now-30-year-old worker when he retires at 60 and his money is gone, wasted on a war or political assassinations or hordes of hookers and Dom Perignon), I completely understand why ATP would continue to understaff their 'integrity unit' and try to sweep this type of stuff under the rug.

Remember - very few people read sports forums or even BuzzFeed. They just love tennis, and they are the cash cows. If ATP had full knowledge of prosecutable offenses by players who help them MAKE MONEY, it's reasonable to assume no real action would be taken.

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    Dang but he doesn't need the money

Merella
    Merella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18827

wouldn't be surprised if eugenie bouchard fixed matches

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Also regarding Djokovic's brush with the mafia it's interesting that it happened in St Petersburg which many reckon is the capital city tournament for fixing matches.
    You always see unknown Russian players causing upsets and then not doing much else afterwards. I reckon there is without a doubt stuff that goes on there, maybe people are afraid of the mafia getting to them if they speak out?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Merella View Post
    wouldn't be surprised if eugenie bouchard fixed matches

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

I've heard that one of the big names is someone who won a U.S. Open, so by process of elimination either Del Potro or Cilic. Both are suspect if you ask me. I'll tell you who else seems shady as shit is Querrey. He even lives in Las Vegas of all places, adding more fuel to the fire. It seems to me that most of the guys who are suspected of fixing are also the guys who retire from a lot of matches. Notice how the legit players almost never retire, think Federer, Ferrer, Djoker etc. I wonder how retiring from matches fits into the suspected fixers' game plans?

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    I've heard that one of the big names is someone who won a U.S. Open, so by process of elimination either Del Potro or Cilic. Both are suspect if you ask me. I'll tell you who else seems shady as shit is Querrey. He even lives in Las Vegas of all places, adding more fuel to the fire. It seems to me that most of the guys who are suspected of fixing are also the guys who retire from a lot of matches. Notice how the legit players almost never retire, think Federer, Ferrer, Djoker etc. I wonder how retiring from matches fits into the suspected fixers' game plans?
    To be fair basically every retirement you see the games over essentially. Not like you see guys/gals retiring on serve in the deciding set.

I guess it would work if the person knew they were heavily bet on and down big and quit. Would of thought nearly all fixing was on under performing though.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    To be fair basically every retirement you see the games over essentially. Not like you see guys/gals retiring on serve in the deciding set.

I guess it would work if the person knew they were heavily bet on and down big and quit. Would of thought nearly all fixing was on under performing though.
    Some of the matches are already over but how about ones like yesterday with Querrey. I didn't watch the match since I didn't bet on it so idk what happened, could've been a legit injury but Querrey quit heading to the 5th set of a GS match. That dude retires way above the average rate on tour.

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Some of the matches are already over but how about ones like yesterday with Querrey. I didn't watch the match since I didn't bet on it so idk what happened, could've been a legit injury but Querrey quit heading to the 5th set of a GS match. That dude retires way above the average rate on tour.
    Nor did I tbh or no the reason but he's just back from injury isn't he and wasn't back to full health when at Auckland last week.

Mase of Base

I've been put off betting anything other than slams in tennis as this has been hovering around for years now so it's crazy to think that it's still gone on in the big four comps. I don't ever bet Italian soccer anymore (actually put me off all lower league football also) and only bet Australian and New Zealand cricket, bloody tough to beats sports anyway without being on the losing side without knowing it!

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Quote Originally Posted by MGTennisTipster View Post
    Just hope they start to give more importance to this issue. Nothing new for those envolved on betting business and is something that we would all win if it was eradicated. Is always tough to analyze one match and at the end you never had a chance because he already decided to fix it.

Following odds movement, ammount of money placed and the player performances would be the best way to detect this situations.

Here is a great example of what is most likely a fixed match: http://www.oddsportal.com/tennis/ger...louk-CfxxAVfi/

Open around 1.35, closed as underdog. I've watched that match at the time and remember to be something terrible.
    Definately looks fixed

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

This is nothing they are talking about stuff of years past, not the first time an article like this came about, they arnt doing anything really, anybody who watches tennis enough and especially gambles can point out many matches that seemed fix I know I sure can. Funny theyll ban super low level players but havent done anything to more known players.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

its said 16 of the top 50 players lmao

minathomas88
    minathomas88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1315

Benoit Pare is definitely on that list. Dude is a as shady as puff daddy covering up biggies murder. I've watched some of his games and it's so fkn obvious he's a cheat.

Also Wawrinka must be the grand slam winner who is on that list

other notables include :
    Kevin Anderson
    Bernard Tomic
    Joao Sousa
    Victor troiki
    Fabio fognini
    Mickhael youzhNy

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I think the GS winner is Cilic, they specified that a US Open winner was part of it. Wawa is just unpredictable, he has been losing to nobodies for years.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

I should clarify when I said fix I meant players who tank matches from time to time.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

i think troicki is doing it now actually.

Punchy
    Punchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1380

Funny how a Russian tournament was named by Djokovic

The one issue this sport has ignored for years was prizemoney. They have tried to boost the prizemoney for the earlier rounds but that has come too late

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Dolgopolov fixes 100%. Anyone who's serious about finding out the truth should hire a detective to 'borrow' his phone in the middle of the night and put it through forensic investigation. With the level of technology they have today, they could retrieve deleted text messages and return the phone to him before he wakes up. Scary world we live in.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Quote Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
    Funny how a Russian tournament was named by Djokovic

The one issue this sport has ignored for years was prizemoney. They have tried to boost the prizemoney for the earlier rounds but that has come too late
    Biggest problem is probably the small tournaments. People can place bets on a single match for way more than the entire tournament prize purse.

FoxMulder
    FoxMulder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3121

Quote Originally Posted by minathomas88 View Post
    Benoit Pare is definitely on that list. Dude is a as shady as puff daddy covering up biggies murder. I've watched some of his games and it's so fkn obvious he's a cheat.

other notables include :
    Kevin Anderson
    Bernard Tomic
    Joao Sousa
    Victor troiki
    Fabio fognini
    Mickhael youzhNy
    It's either Wawrinka or Cilic. Either wouldn't surprise me.

Paire's and Fognini's performances border with fixing though I don't think it's related to betting. They are just inconsistent players with no mental strength. Troicki is just absent minded. Anderson and Sousa are just plain talentless. Anderson fights his ass off every match. Sometimes he can't get it going. Sousa is Portuguese, nuff said.

However, Tomic and Youzhny are a different story. They both have zero respect to the sport so you can expect anything.

The challenger events I have watched last week , Joao Olivo-Souza (vs Hamou) and Rogerio Dutra Silva (vs Bagnis) threw the towel after going one set up. Both seemed really fishy.

FoxMulder
    FoxMulder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3121

Quote Originally Posted by minathomas88 View Post

other notables include :
    Kevin Anderson
    Bernard Tomic
    Joao Sousa
    Victor troiki
    Fabio fognini
    Mickhael youzhNy
    It's either Wawrinka or Cilic. Either wouldn't surprise me.

Paire's and Fognini's performances border with fixing though I don't think it's related to betting. They are just inconsistent players with no mental strength. Troicki is just absent minded. Anderson and Sousa are just plain talentless. Anderson fights his ass off every match. Sometimes he can't get it going. Sousa is Portuguese, nuff said.

However, Tomic and Youzhny are a different story. They both have zero respect to the sport so you can expect anything.

The challenger events I have watched last week , Joao Olivo-Souza (vs Hamou) and Rogerio Dutra Silva (vs Bagnis) threw the towel after going one set up. Both seemed really fishy. It's so common on the challenger tour, nobody thinks twice

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

It takes two to fix. Most are done on spreads and totals. Have you ever wondered why a bad player wins the first set only to lose the next two like he is an amateur? They don't magically forget how to serve and hit the ball. The players meat in the hotel before game and get paid to doctor the final score.

First 123 Last