MGTennisTipster
    MGTennisTipster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2084

ATP Auckland Betting Analysis, Main Favorites & Free Tennis Picks

Find out who might lift the trophy and the best tennis picks for ATP Auckland

Check our Main Draw analysis at: goo.gl/ryAX4S

Let us know your thoughts and feel free to share the article

ProDane
    ProDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4526

Why not mention Kevin Servebot Anderson?
    - He is my favourite here...

MGTennisTipster

Quote Originally Posted by ProDane View Post
    Why not mention Kevin Servebot Anderson?
    - He is my favourite here...
    Anderson retired from Chennai with a knee injury. Knee problems on tall players like him are always very tough to handle.

ProDane
    ProDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4526

If so, I think it is weird to mention Tsonga (considering his health 'problems')

MGTennisTipster

Quote Originally Posted by ProDane View Post
    If so, I think it is weird to mention Tsonga (considering his health 'problems')
    But Tsonga is one of the main contenders, the second favorite for the tournament after Ferrer, priced at 5.50 on bet365 while Anderson is the 4th player with lower price at 8.00. The idea is to analyze the main favorites (according to the bookmakers prices) and also one player with good chances of reaching later stages of the competition.

MGTennisTipster

Find out our ATP Auckland Quarterfinals Top Play at: http://goo.gl/ssSVmP

Let us know your thoughts and feel free to shre the article.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

I like it, Bautista has no business beating Isner on HCs, will tail

BOL as always

MGTennisTipster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    I like it, Bautista has no business beating Isner on HCs, will tail

BOL as always
    Bautista can always be a tough opponent, but with Isner so focused and determined it will be very hard to stop him!

Best of luck!

MGTennisTipster

Find out our ATP Auckland Semifinals Top Play at: http://goo.gl/ibY4jc

Let us know your thoughts and feel free to share the article.

RyanMozambique
    RyanMozambique's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1682

I like your right-up and insight, allthough I disagree with the fact that Sock needs to get 60% first serves in. Ferrer is no Anderson on the return game. Anderson missed a lot of 2nd serve returns, something that Ferrer won't do.
    In my opinion Sock needs to serve around 70%-75% first serves what will be very hard to do.

MGTennisTipster

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMozambique View Post
    I like your right-up and insight, allthough I disagree with the fact that Sock needs to get 60% first serves in. Ferrer is no Anderson on the return game. Anderson missed a lot of 2nd serve returns, something that Ferrer won't do.
    In my opinion Sock needs to serve around 70%-75% first serves what will be very hard to do.
    Without having 100% sure because I haven't watched every Sock match, I'm pretty sure it's very hard (or even impossible) to find a match where Sock placed 70 - 75% first serve in.

Last 12 months: Sock placed 56.8% first serve in;
    Last 3 years: Sock placed 56.7% first serve in;
    Carrer: Sock placed 56.6% first serve in.

He's not a very regular player on serve and 60% for him are already pretty good numbers. For sure his chances would increase with 70 - 75%, however that seems almost impossible for him. Jack tries to serve with massive kick on his serve, however he's not a very tall guy and is hard for him to keep high % with that kind of serve.

RyanMozambique

Quote Originally Posted by MGTennisTipster View Post
    Without having 100% sure because I haven't watched every Sock match, I'm pretty sure it's very hard (or even impossible) to find a match where Sock placed 70 - 75% first serve in.

Last 12 months: Sock placed 56.8% first serve in;
    Last 3 years: Sock placed 56.7% first serve in;
    Carrer: Sock placed 56.6% first serve in.

He's not a very regular player on serve and 60% for him are already pretty good numbers. For sure his chances would increase with 70 - 75%, however that seems almost impossible for him. Jack tries to serve with massive kick on his serve, however he's not a very tall guy and is hard for him to keep high % with that kind of serve.
    I agree with you. Sock never gets high percentages of first serves. That's the reason I think he will lose to Ferrer. Ferrer's return game is definitely good enough to break Sock's serve. Anderson yesterday was very poor on the 2nd serve return, something that Ferrer will take advantage off

MGTennisTipster

I agree that Ferrer has the ability to cause problems on return, Sock favorite serve from the advantage side with kick opening the court won't cause much damage on Ferrer's solid two handed backhand. However Sock can produce a very high level of tennis and when he's firing those forehand and covering the court as he can do, he can cause problems to Ferrer. This is one of those classic matches where one player can reach a higher level of tennis, but the other is much more consistent. The question is: How long does Sock can keep his high level of tennis?

RyanMozambique

I think it will be a close game. Ferrer has all the advantages in my opinion.
    Since 2011 he's 16-1 in this tournament. Also the conditions are quite windy. I know for a fact that Ferrer is able to play well in windy conditions, it doesn't bother him. Not sure about Sock though?

MGTennisTipster

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMozambique View Post
    I think it will be a close game. Ferrer has all the advantages in my opinion.
    Since 2011 he's 16-1 in this tournament. Also the conditions are quite windy. I know for a fact that Ferrer is able to play well in windy conditions, it doesn't bother him. Not sure about Sock though?
    Yes we mentioned in our tournament analysis about Ferrer's ability to play on windy conditions. For sure Ferrer loves this event but he's far from the most reliable player and we saw last week that he was overplayed by Illya Marchenko. I like how Sock can play (especially on clay where his defensive skills and heavy spin forehand are more effective), but his inability to keep a consistent game level might be fatal today.

MGTennisTipster

Find out our ATP Auckland Final Top Play at: http://goo.gl/PfoioE

Let us know your thoughts and feel free to share the article.