Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Does anyone bother with the IPTL...

Not just betting but watching wise. I just can't be stuffed. Tennis is a long and exhaustingly enough season to follow as a fan and punter that it's just nice to take a break. I December
    Some mates do claim that the bookies very often get it wrong but with the other sports I'm following I'm happy just to call it a day after the Davis cup.
    Being a Asian-based tournament do people in the States or Europe give a crap?
    Just feels like a casual fans thing to enjoy for me...

reedy
    reedy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2417

Don't do it Jeff. Only a couple of weeks until Oz

Jeff_Black

Yup I haven't been bothered watching it. Caught a bit of a Safin/Ivanisevic match that someone showed me off youtube but that's about it.

Punchy
    Punchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1380

There is value but it comes down to luck.

1 set, no re-toss of the ball or else you lose the point + one time in the set you can have a point to be worth double (effectively winning the point at 30) = many ebbs and flows in the match

I have bet on this tournament but usually live bet if I see a favourite down by 1 game in a set and they are playing a shit opponent or doubles team. I can get odds of 3/1 usually.

Punchy
    Punchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1380

But I agree - wait for the Australian season. Don't waste your time on luck

Jeff_Black

Yeah I normally hate hybrid rule changes that make the game not what it is. I am surprised they didn't introduce next point wins in deuces either which I think is the case for exhibition mixed doubles or something?