dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Herbert over stakyovsky

-145 in Metz France on hard court tomorrow early. They met recently with Herbert pounding sergiy 6-3, 6-2. What gives?

dalogester

Also herbert won us open doubles. Made the final in Winston Salem. This seems too easy, but then again those are usually the bets we lose. Someone convince me to at least throw down $100 on Herbert.

dalogester

At Winston Salem he also beat 5 top 60 ranked players before losing to Kevin Anderson in the finals.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

home court advantage for the french player, stakhovsky has been cruising through matches the last two weeks.
    I just won huge on Verdasco.
    I would play stak

MGTennisTipster
    MGTennisTipster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2084

Both love Indoor Hard conditions where the court suits their serve & volley style. From baseline Stakhovsky is better but also the more inconsistent player while Herbert is a very tough competitor and can handle well to the matches.

Too unpredictable this match imo because much will depend on first serve % of both but is usually Stakhovsky the one who gets more % with a career average of 62.9% first serve in against 52.9% from Herbert.

Stakho is the better player but Herbert the better competitor and in this lower events sometimes the better players are not so focused and the better competitors took advantage of that however there doesn't seem to exist any value on the French.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

the play I like here is
    Parlay (+180)
    Mahut
    stack

dalogester

I'm not sure stak is the better player at this point in their careers. Guess we will see.

MGTennisTipster

Quote Originally Posted by dalogester View Post
    I'm not sure stak is the better player at this point in their careers. Guess we will see.
    In overall I don't know if Stakhovsky is the better player+competitor at the time. I consider that he's more talented than Herbert and if both played their best the Ukrainian should be the one with advantage. The biggest problem for Stakhovksy (besides some probably fix matches) is his inconsistency, in some matches he's able to produce crazy level of tennis (his best probably that one against Federer in Wimbledon) but also can be extremely erratic.

dalogester

Agreed. I'm banking on his inconsistency as well as Herbert peaking and being in his home country (small motivation imo). I like butorac/lipsky in doubles over verdasco/marreno.

MGTennisTipster

Agreed. I'm banking on his inconsistency as well as Herbert peaking and being in his home country (small motivation imo). I like butorac/lipsky in doubles over verdasco/marreno.
    Personally I don't like bets where I'm in the less talented player with odds under 2.00 because I will put myself in a position where I depend on the other player to underperform instead of my player to perform his best.

dalogester

Guess I was the only one to bet on Herbert over stak. Next is butorac/lipsky over verdasco/marreno

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Guess I was the only one to bet on Herbert over stak. Next is butorac/lipsky over verdasco/marreno
    No, I don't think you were. I think all we were trying to say was that BOTH players are not trustable & going with a -160 range player on a coin flip match is terrible odds IMO.. I don't know WHO on earth would bet Stak of all players, but betting Hebert in the long run will lose you money for sure, just saying.. I'm glad you won your play, nice hit..

dalogester

Fair enough. wasn't trying to sound conceded. I happened to get Herbert at a better price so I was willing to pull the trigger seeing his recent results. Oh boy butorac and lipsky get broken first game. :/

dalogester

Butorac/lipsky win. Big day for me