And it is getting him fired up......

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

they love nove... but no one in the sport is going to get more love than roger

w@lt

Brad Gilbert ‏@bgtennisnation 6m6 minutes ago
    This by far the loudest I have ever heard the crowd cheer for 1 player on the center court even more then AA

w@lt

People are cheering when Novak misses a first serve. That's bad

O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9725

While I am on Djok, and my heart told me Feds...... I think it is absolutely classless to cheer when Djoke faults. SMH. And yes, I know it's in NYC. I'm from there too.

brodie
    you got the juice now

crowds cheer for 1st serve faults all the time when they're behind a certain player... usually the home player and typically they're big points... but it could be argued that every point is big in this one considering it is a grand slam final

crowds like this are what make good games great

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Horrible umpire who doesn't take control of the crowd.

brodie
    you got the juice now

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Horrible umpire who doesn't take control of the crowd.
    lol there was no controlling the crowd... she made multiple great over rules I have no complaints about the ump in this one, not one.

O's Avatar Become A Pro!

The reality is you respect the game and don't cheer when someone faults. You would never see a player rooting when their opponent misses their 1st serve. It's like cheering on a double fault on match point . As a former (non pro)player, I wanted to finish it out. Not win on ones mistake. When I played with friends we made it a rule. It's a game.

brodie
    you got the juice now

Quote Originally Posted by O View Post
    The reality is you respect the game and don't cheer when someone faults. You would never see a player rooting when their opponent misses their 1st serve. It's like cheering on a double fault on match point . As a former (non pro)player, I wanted to finish it out. Not win on ones mistake. When I played with friends we made it a rule. It's a game.
    no, actually the reality is that people are going to cheer for every positive that THEIR Player encounters. ESPECIALLY when their player is an underdog. it's part of the game.. look at any home tourney for a player if they're in a close match the fans will always cheer on the first serve fault. I've seen it TOO many times which is why is surprises me that everybody on this site was so shocked and appalled by it. it clearly didn't have an effect on the outcome of the match

cheering for a first serve fault is no different than cheering for a mid-rally fault that wins your player a critical game/set. fed is a 34 year old legend. I have no problem with fans cheering for every postive moment he encountered in the match, and I might just be Djoko's biggest fan on this site

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5674

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    no, actually the reality is that people are going to cheer for every positive that THEIR Player encounters. ESPECIALLY when their player is an underdog. it's part of the game.. look at any home tourney for a player if they're in a close match the fans will always cheer on the first serve fault. I've seen it TOO many times which is why is surprises me that everybody on this site was so shocked and appalled by it. it clearly didn't have an effect on the outcome of the match

cheering for a first serve fault is no different than cheering for a mid-rally fault that wins your player a critical game/set. fed is a 34 year old legend. I have no problem with fans cheering for every postive moment he encountered in the match, and I might just be Djoko's biggest fan on this site
    This!
    It's just part of the human nature.

O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post

This!
    It's just part of the human nature.

To each their own....... and again I was on Djoke.....

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

he is a robot.
    almost not human in his tennis.

can't see how he doesn't go down as the true GOAT.

when Nole is 34 he will get the cheers.