DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Genie Bouchard What Happened?

Roberta Vinci dusts her today 6-1,6-0. Talk about a god damn bloodbath! I always root for my girl Genie but she's totally lost... Lost a lot of money betting on her because I thought she would start winning not continually lose.
    It breaks my heart to see her go through a rough patch like this. What the heck is going on?

ATC727
    ATC727's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

I really never expected her to be a top contender.....never risked a lot on her. Hope it turns around for you mate.

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

She has the skill. I think she needs a good coach. ASAP.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

Quote Originally Posted by w@lt View Post
    She has the skill. I think she needs a good coach. ASAP.
    she fired her longtime coach last year and her slide followed soon after. I think this is a case of too much media attention too soon and she started worrying more about everything else other than tennis.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

interesting contrast between Bouchard and Bencic...the latter is 2 years younger on the birth-certificate...but infinitely more focused on the tennis...

and infinitely less distracted by all the peripheral horseshit...

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

She's hollywood right now, happens to many, but most come back to their form by now, she's been out of it for while. Its because theyve run into more money than theyve ever had, fame, attention, and new "friends". These players have been doing basically nothing but tennis since small kids and once they come into the money, fame and added pressure they relax, now knowing what it takes to get to the point they got to tennis wise and feel they can get back there. Once Cibulkova made it to the finals of Aussie Open she plummeted, came name quite a few like that, reach a career high ranking then start to enjoy life a little then start taking tennis serious again. The really focused ones arnt satisfied and are still hungry and this really doesnt happen to them, but ones like Genis its affecting longer, hope she doesnt get around the wrong crowd and start dabbling in drugs, meet the wrong guy/crowd and get messed around, that type thing happens too.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    interesting contrast between Bouchard and Bencic...the latter is 2 years younger on the birth-certificate...but infinitely more focused on the tennis...

and infinitely less distracted by all the peripheral horseshit...
    I bet Bencic has a stronger support team, she has Hingis in her corner whose she's known since a kid whose there to motivate her and knows what it takes to be at the top.

CraigNet8
    CraigNet8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

"it breaks my heart to see her go through a rough patch like this"... really?

War, Poverty, My girl cheating with "the guy at work", etc. break my heart.. not some snobby, unsportsmanlike, millionaire tennis player losing a few matches.

P.s. Ana is way fitter too, IMO
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sumalia

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5420

Bouchard will bounce back after she joins SBR and reads these comments about her.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67