JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

Mononucleosis

Symptoms typically last approximately 2-3 weeks.

Just saying

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I think he's referring to Kvitova and she was diagnosed with it after Wimbledon, leaving enough time to recover. It's a roll of the dice whether last tournaments poor effort was due to rust or still batting symptoms of mono. And I think she was struggling with this for a long time, she can still win matches with it.

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Quote Originally Posted by DR225 View Post
    I think he's referring to Kvitova and she was diagnosed with it after Wimbledon, leaving enough time to recover. It's a roll of the dice whether last tournaments poor effort was due to rust or still batting symptoms of mono. And I think she was struggling with this for a long time, she can still win matches with it.
    Yep, I assume he is talking about Kvitova. Just thought it was an interesting read on the effects.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Yes, I was referring to Petra. As I understand it, she was only diagnosed just prior to the Roger's Cup, however, she may have been battling that, along with miscellaneous issues for some time prior. The effects can linger for months, particularly those that impair stamina.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

And for what it's worth, having watched the last match, I will say it was most certainly more than rust she was dealing with. She looked visibly gassed the entire time. Whether or not she was battling acute symptoms or simply out of shape, I cannot say.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Score another for infectious diseases!

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Nice job man. I parlayed it with some stuff but the Blue Jays killed it.