hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

How hard is it to play tennis?

With a single match lasting 2-3 hours and having to play like every other day. For example, Baghdadis will have played on August 1,2,3. Don't they get sore and tired as hell? I have never played tennis in my life but i would imagine it being very energy consuming sport with all the changing of directions, serving, running back and forth, using the whole body etc. Isn't that like playing soccer 90 mins for 3 days straight?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Every time I hit the ball, it sails 50 yards over the fence of the court. I don't get how they do it. Fukk tennis

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its very hard and have no idea how these pros do it all the time and same guys keep winning and rarely get hurt

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    With a single match lasting 2-3 hours and having to play like every other day. For example, Baghdadis will have played on August 1,2,3. Don't they get sore and tired as hell? I have never played tennis in my life but i would imagine it being very energy consuming sport with all the changing of directions, serving, running back and forth, using the whole body etc. Isn't that like playing soccer 90 mins for 3 days straight?
    Enough said

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Depends on the type match, need to be in shape but many matches not as tiring as you think. There is a lot of stopping and against someone like Isner 90% of the time it won't be a tiring match because the rallies will be short.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

yeah with big serve guys, the matches are not as wearing

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Sure it's hard for most, they are top-notch athletes. It's also hard to run marathons, triathlons, etc. but people do it. Me? a half hour playing tennis in the sun and I feel like death.

yisman

Isner is having a walk in the park today. He just serves and waits for Baghdatis to keep screwing up.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    very hard, just serving properly is near impossible unless you are talented or gifted at it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

nfl qb's
    golf
    tennis

all difficult to master

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

tennis ain't hard at all.

its not much fun though either.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mpaschal34

Can U Tank It
    Can U Tank It's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3332

Easy AND not much fun- that would be your mother

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Every time I hit the ball, it sails 50 yards over the fence of the court. I don't get how they do it. Fukk tennis
    Yuppp

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Enough said

That guy looks older than 10.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Man titty warrior creeps me out. Guy looks like he drives a van with no windows.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

It's very easy for the average Joe. Much harder for pros who have to do this for a living. Like a diamond miner in South Africa can work 325 days a year for 12 hrs at a time and don't get tired. But a pro tennis player will be exhausted playing 2 sets per day on back to back to back to back days.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Man titty warrior creeps me out. Guy looks like he drives a van with no windows.
    He has stated on this forum he approves of assrape on young boys.

to the original question: tennis is easy to play. playing it well is a different story.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    He has stated on this forum he approves of assrape on young boys.

to the original question: tennis is easy to play. playing it well is a different story.
    I have seen him referred to as a pedo, but i thought it was a joke...... It is a joke, right?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I have seen him referred to as a pedo, but i thought it was a joke...... It is a joke, right?
    nope. pathological liar and a few chromosomes short of being upgraded to the classification of mild down syndrome.

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Enough said

Trophy was on the shelf collecting dust so he picked it up and posed with it

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

What's the 10 and under banner behind him? Dude looks like a pedo. Hide your children!

yisman

It was a trophy for a 10 and under tournament. Either they let him play and made an exception for him or some kid won and he saw the trophy and picked it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Foundation_(Seinfeld)

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

It's very hard. Of course everything gets tougher, when you play, when the temperature is 30+ degrees Celsius and on a pro level, everything is much harder.
    Besides basic training (xy yards sprints, miles and miles of running), it takes practice, practice, practice, to hit the ball correctly at a appropriate angle, observing the ball arc and act accordingly. Obviously, if you don't hit the ball properly, it will find the net or you will be hitting HR's, like Albert Pujols.
    Pro tennis can be cruel, if you're outside top 100. For me, playing tennis recreationally, works out just fine, because there's not much pressure.