wilbs
    wilbs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3966

Golubev vs Nedovyesov - is a fix in progress?

Current score is 6-2 and 4-4 in the second set. Golubev up a set and on serve in the second set. Golubev has only dropped 3 points on serve all match. No medical timeout, nothing.

Both started around evens for the match, after winning the first set, on Betfair Golubev was around $1.26. As they hold serve in the second Golubev's odds have skyrocketed and is now currently $2.70 to win the match and has NOT DROPPED A POINT ON SERVE this second set.

Name:  4 all.gif
Views: 741
Size:  21.5 KB

Odds still on offer at Betfair and BET365 but dissapeared on Sportsbet.

Thoughts?

wilbs

Now in tiebreaker. If this fix goes to plan, Golubev loses this set.

wilbs

Golubev drops 2 points in a row on serve. Including a DF.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

golubev tanking the tb as expected. annoyed i didnt get it wen i saw the initial drop

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

matty update me of the fix. he suggested to play the over. not too sure how he knew..

wilbs

did you see the point at 4-2 ? golubev thinks the ball hits a imaginary pot hole and completely mishits the ball..

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by lucasdawg View Post
    matty update me of the fix. he suggested to play the over. not too sure how he knew..
    did he also hack ur account?

wilbs

GG. The Kazaks have fixed this match well. Plotted this plan whilst on the plane from Darwin.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

So glad Im on the right side of this one!! Wheww

SirtySree

such a disgrace. they did the exact same thing a few months back with the odds backing up the fix as well

wilbs

absolute dogs. as long as betting is available so will manipulation. instead of banning and fining them how about getting criminal convictions and sending them to jail. no different to insider trading.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

This is how they make a living on the challenger circuit, its easy money, nobody investigates, doubt tennis org. pays any attention to betting patterns unless the book alerts them.
    Last edited by jtoler; 07-22-15 at 09:06 AM.

Regul8er
    Wordd

But guys.......what are the heaviest limits for Challenger level tennis?

I know at 5d, you can't risk more then $100 on a Challenger match......this is going to fill anyones pockets.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

Matty knew there was a fix because it was one of the only matches on bet365 not offering over/under.......

krenwinkle
    krenwinkle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 486

Where do you find that betting info stats?

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    But guys.......what are the heaviest limits for Challenger level tennis?

I know at 5d, you can't risk more then $100 on a Challenger match......this is going to fill anyones pockets.
    Betfair.

wilbs

As tennis fans and concerned citizens for the integrity of this sport, it's up to us mere peasants to alert and inform with evidence of such activities to TIU. All we can do is provide information for them to investigate. Can't rely on bookies to do it. They don't care unless they come out of it seriously out of pocket. All they care about is volatility and liquidity. It's only when they get tapped on the shoulder would they then disclose information.

Players or fixers do not need to place a lot of $ to make money. It's about trying to get undetected, so they will drop small amounts, say under $5k on a few bookies. $5k @ $4.00 is still good payday, especially for these schmucks.

If you are on the wrong side of the bet, bookies wont care if a fix is in place, they know they gonna collect from you but they'll take the matches off the board due to "technical" reasons so it doesn't give anyone chances to hedge. It's a good commercial decision for bookies to play like this.

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by lucasdawg View Post
    Matty knew there was a fix because it was one of the only matches on bet365 not offering over/under.......
    None of the matches in that Challenger event had over or under plus a bunch of other lines. Bet365 does that for several tournaments all the time.

If Matt knew shit, he would have said to play Ned down a set or 2-1 instead of the lowest available line for the match but he didn't cause all he does is throw darts and plays every match available on the board.

felix_felicus7
    felix_felicus7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4430

This is apparently widespread, esp on the challenger circuit, but shocking nonetheless. Good write-up here -

http://www.sportdw.com/2015/07/fix-t...yesov.html?m=1

Excuse my naivety, but do they get friends to take 2-1 sets beforehand, or nedovy str8 down a set, for the max across as many books as possible, or what is the actual way it goes down?

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by felix_felicus7 View Post
    This is apparently widespread, esp on the challenger circuit, but shocking nonetheless. Good write-up here -

http://www.sportdw.com/2015/07/fix-t...yesov.html?m=1

Excuse my naivety, but do they get friends to take 2-1 sets beforehand, or nedovy str8 down a set, for the max across as many books as possible, or what is the actual way it goes down?
    I've actually only seen line movement fixes a handful of times in the last 12 months, whereas some people (particularly losing gamblers) think fixes are happening on multiple matches every night.

In terms of betting on 2-1 pre-match or down a set live, both methods have been done before. The Westerhof/Van der dium fix was 2-1 pre-match, whereas Androic/Becker, Ned/Golubev x2, and Velotti/Molchanov was all done immediately after the player lost the 1st set.

I think most fixed matches involve people that they know betting on Betfair just purely based on the fact it is a trading book so there aren't really any limits if the bet is matched (could be completely wrong on this as I've never used a trading book). Also once people see money flooding in on one side, it has a triggering affect with everyone purely following the money.
    Points Awarded:

felix_felicus7 gave SirtySree 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by felix_felicus7 View Post
    It can be either. Some look for long odds, either via correct scores, or doing a 0/1 to 2/1 miracle turnaround on livebetting. This is kinda obvious to the books though, and runs the risk of the tennis authorities getting involved.

There used to be a lot of this on the main tour, with its higher limits, but about ten years ago it started to get media attention (remember Davydenko's famous one?). Proving it is of course nearly impossible, unless you're a moron like Koellerer or Starace and leave an evidence trail. Tennis authorities came up with more imaginative approaches, eg shaming obvious fixers publically by sending them "enquiry letters" and then leaking it to the press.

There are various other rumours along similar lines, but end result: really blatant fixing has become much less common on the main tour.

Buttttt, last few years: pinnacle and betfair started covering challengers. Given the crappy prizemoney at these events, inevitably that's brought back this sort of extreme fixing.

wilbs

They either fix matches for syndicates for a reward or make money themselves. Just get their friends to have multiple bookie accounts across different providers and wash the money through their friends and just drip feed bets in across different bookies at different periods of the match e.g. when Golubev wins the first set start dripping money into Nedoyevsov in small amounts so not to attract attention and the average price will still be good. Then for good measure place a few dummy bets on the other way so they wont look suspicious. In the end, if they walk away up 5-10k per each bookie, its a killing. More money than what they would've made if they won the tournament, and honestly they only get a chance to win a tournament once or twice their whole career.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

The problem is they always get greedy. It's pretty evident by how the match was going and money wagered at the specific points that the fix was in. I like how mods never comment in threads like this don't wanna discourage the poster from giving to the books.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Move on....not much to see here.....we know it happens, just gotta hope it doesn't burn you in your ahole.

felix_felicus7
    felix_felicus7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4430

Move on?? How ironic when there's barely any new posts in the tennis section, at all. So sorry to be indulgent.
    Last edited by felix_felicus7; 07-24-15 at 07:23 AM.

CraigNet8
    CraigNet8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

I didn't want my first ever post on here to be negative but... I wonder whether Warren G would be so relaxed about the situation had he been on the wrong side of the fix?

SirtySree

Another potential fix right now between Bondarenko/Tsurenko. Wasn't following the match properly so can't comment much on the actual line movement but it was coinflip pre-game to 1.15 for Bonderenko even though it is 5-5 in the tiebreak of the 1st set.

CraigNet8

Tsurenko took a medical time-out during the set. Bonderenko now 1.5 at 11-all in the first-set. Doesn't look completely out of line in my opinion.

CraigNet8

11-all in the first-set tiebreaker* obviously! Won't let me edit the post for some reason.

SirtySree

Strange they made the odds so low despite the injury but back to normal now after Tserunko won the set. Pironkova is injured in the other match but odds aren't as low even though she got smashed 6-2.

wilbs

Pretty insipid tennis from both players to be honest. Bondarenko seems to want to lose this match when shes in front. Odds movement not surprising when Tsurenko looked like she was going to collapse and vomit.

CraigNet8

Does Tsurenko really look that bad? I'm in work so not watching. Bondarenko, up a break in the second, is nearly even money (or 2.0 in decimal odds)!.

wilbs

May not be a fixed match, but Bondarenko should be investigated by TIU for being a useless pathetic player.

wilbs

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNet8 View Post
    Does Tsurenko really look that bad? I'm in work so not watching. Bondarenko, up a break in the second, is nearly even money (or 2.0 in decimal odds)!.
    Apparently some 'illness' but looked like she ran a marathon and was losing a lot of energy. Bent over multiple times with fatigue and called for a MTO. Now looks like shes OK. Probably had a banana and a Gatorade.

SirtySree

Been a couple of bizarre injury matches in Istanbul. Pironkova was dead after getting bagelled by Gasparyan and miraculously recovered to win. Again looked dead verses Nara going into the 3rd but recovered and then again right now against Radwanska after she lost 6 straight games without being able to move.

Tsurenko looked like she was going to pass out at any moment when I tuned in during the late stages of that tiebreak.

12 Last