SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Ymer @5.5 vs Karlovic

Ymer has been spotted practicing his shot with King Federer. Rumor has it Federer has given Ymer all the secrets needed to crack the Ivo serve.

Inb4 vein in Federer's arm. Must be on roids.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Karlo legs will be kept fresh with all the aces hell bomb. Not sure about this now.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

No chance at ml. Spread maybe with tiebreak

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Ymer shits off in so many sets when he's getting worked.
    It's hard for him to cover in spots like these.
    I can see him getting frustrated easily with the old mans serve and getting bageled in a set.
    Doesn't mean he can't win though either, although his price isn't very good IMO
    To think hanging out with Federer for 5 minutes is going to turn his game around instantly is insane.
    He's still a work in progress and no where near these types of players.

SirtySree

I was obviously taking the piss for those that couldnt tell.

If Claymer was playing Karlovic on clay, I would be all over it at this price but it's not.

What I really think of the match is that Ymer's serve is too inconsistent at the moment. At least 1 service game a set, he just misses all his 1st serve and gets broken while holding to love and 15 every other game. The only shot he has against Karlovic is if he can hold all the way to a tiebreak which is pretty slim. When it comes to the tiebreak, it will be 50/50 but getting there is the tough part. Will likely live bet Ymer to win tiebreaks if it gets there and I get a price around $3 for it.

Karlovic is shit in slams as well anyways so hopefully Ymer can steal this match.

BTW Ymer does not shit off sets when getting worked. He loves the grind and loves the pressure moments. This guys is as cool as it gets under pressure and keeps fighting even if down 40-0 in a game or 5-0 in a set. The #nevergiveup hashtag has been used on the Ymer brother's twitter page hundreds of times now due to the fact they make massive comebacks on a regular basis.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Ymer battling so far
    Very impressive taking that first set

SirtySree

Solid match for Ymer, not great but not bad either considering he's never versed one of the big servers like this before. Pretty much went how I thought. Only chance of winning was if he could hold to a tiebreak and he managed to do so twice out of 4 sets.

He won 23% return points. In Ivo's last two losses, Federer also won 23% return points and Haase only won 21%. In the other grass matches, Ito won 17%, Giraldo 25%, Zverev 21%, and Berdych 21%. So it pretty much just came down to the fact Ymer couldn't hold serve unfortunately and when someone is serving like Karlovic is at the moment, you need some element of luck to get past him.

Hopefully he manages to up his ranking before the US Open for direct entry otherwise he'll have to try and make it 4/4 in slam qualifiers.

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

He played good I thought, first set was lovely. He had a few lapses mentally on his serve in the following sets...the 4th set he also had a few lapses mentally and had a really bad unforced error on his serve.