larry040681
    larry040681's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3323

thoughts on konta vs Gajdosova

leaning on Konta but don't know much on Gajdosova..

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Big serve. Nice forehand. Can volley a bit as well. Should be ok on grass. But Konta playing well on grass in England, so you have to factor that into your decision as well. I am going to skip this one.

larry040681

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    Big serve. Nice forehand. Can volley a bit as well. Should be ok on grass. But Konta playing well on grass in England, so you have to factor that into your decision as well. I am going to skip this one.
    thanks HB44

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I'm going with Jarmila Gajdosova because she's a reliable player on grass who can match
    Konta's plusses. Konta isn't really a full WTA player, she's a marginal ITF/WTA combo.
    She looked terrible against Niculescu. Not serving well, hitting too many errors, impatient.
    Even if she overcomes the errors this match, Gajdosova stacks up well against her.

larry040681

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I'm going with Jarmila Gajdosova because she's a reliable player on grass who can match
    Konta's plusses. Konta isn't really a full WTA player, she's a marginal ITF/WTA combo.
    She looked terrible against Niculescu. Not serving well, hitting too many errors, impatient.
    Even if she overcomes the errors this match, Gajdosova stacks up well against her.
    thanks snowball.. just read some info as well..

FoxMulder
    FoxMulder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3121

Niculescu is an unconventional player, difficult to play against her + she really has the determination to go the distance. So Konta's performance vs Niculescu is not really a benchmark

I have watched Gajdosova last week versus McHale and not impressed. Konta not making many errors and have the home crowd backing should win that one.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Gadjosova looks real rusty