jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I still think if Stan The Man is on his A- Game he wins tourney real easy

ManeOnFire
    ManeOnFire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I agree gold did you grab the future on it before the tournament?

jjgold

No I did not… Stan the man is the best player in the world only if he's playing his A game

Nobody in tennis has his overall tools

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Murray with the upset. Lets go!

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Novak Novak Novak

jjgold

Communists rooting for Joker

we know this

Americans and Brits rooting for Murray
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ManeOnFire

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

The fate of the free market rests on the racquets of these two young men.

jjgold

No play for me because you cannot fade a winning streak like Joker

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Murray backers, stop smoking the crack!!! It leads to further poor decisions.(like betting against joker)

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

That six is a tough line. With the way Djokovic is able to break down Murray's serve, he can cover that ever after a couple of tight sets. It's actually been the M.O. for their last few Slam meetings that Djokovic won.

Best play when these two play is usually playing the over on the # of breaks of serve if you can find it.

Good luck with your bet regardless.

jjgold

Murray still seems to somewhat choke against Joker although everybody chokes against Joker because Of his intimidating and hard fighting attitude

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Murray will make unforced errors. Warinka will beat Jo Willy for sure.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

did we watch murray/ferrer? murray looked weak as shit, meanwhile nove had his strongest game of the tourney against rafa. you're a fool if you're backing anyone but novak tomorrow. that being said +6 could be a winner, but I'll take the free money at -500 any fcking day of the week

ManeOnFire

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    did we watch murray/ferrer? murray looked weak as shit, meanwhile nove had his strongest game of the tourney against rafa. you're a fool if you're backing anyone but novak tomorrow. that being said +6 could be a winner, but I'll take the free money at -500 any fcking day of the week
    How was Murray's serve?

brodie
    you got the juice now

Quote Originally Posted by ManeOnFire View Post
    How was Murray's serve?
    his 2nd serve was dumpster juice... he got broken by ferrer 5 times, nuff said... nove will win this tournament then he'll single-handedly beat the bryan brothers for the undisputed french open title
    Points Awarded:

ManeOnFire gave brodie 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ace_202
    ace_202's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

Joker hasn't lost a set in over 2 months. He's winning an nonparallel amount of points off opponents serves. I also watched Joker destroy Murray at the Aus open live. This is a no contest. Get more value for Joker to win the title.

girlscoutcookies
    girlscoutcookies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1899

Quote Originally Posted by ace_202 View Post
    Joker hasn't lost a set in over 2 weeks. He's winning an nonparallel amount of points off opponents serves. I also watched Joker destroy Murray at the Aus open live. This is a no contest. Get more value for Joker to win the title.
    fixed it for ya

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

Joker wins easily but -500 is too much to lay; maybe there's value in Joker in straight sets?

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    You should know better than to provide jinx worthy stuff.

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Murray will be lucky to win a single set. Don't overthink this one guys - take Joker -1.5 sets and -6 or -6.5 games and call it a day.

brodie
    you got the juice now

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Joker wins easily but -500 is too much to lay; maybe there's value in Joker in straight sets?
    there certainly is value at + money for nove to win in straights.... there's significantly MORE value (from a 'sure thing' standpoint) in parlaying Nove's ML with his ML in the championship match

brodie
    you got the juice now

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    You should know better than to provide jinx worthy stuff.
    EP. I'm going to tell you once. go all in on novak ML. don't say I've never done anything for you

EaglesPhan36

Brave pick

Never ever say never on an upset. Too many variables to ever fathom a -500 bet. I mean I get it if you're a parlay guy and want to throw it in with a bunch of other stuff, but by itself you've got injury, weather, scoreboard parts falling, you never know what might happen.

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Writeup by Sean Calvert on Murray/Djoker Basically, betting Murray is the way to go. He tends to fade once down.

It was an impressive performance again from the Scot and on the level of play he's displayed all season on the clay I'd have to conclude that he looks decent value as a big underdog against Novak Djokovic on Friday.
    Granted, the head-to-head lately doesn't look good for Murray, with the Serbian having won the last seven in a row, but they have only met twice on clay and the last occasion was back in 2011 in Rome.
    A lot has changed since then, including Murray's attitude when faced with Djokovic, which of late has been negative and poor.
    Murray has gone away very tamely in their clashes this season and the Scot has been bagelled twice by the world number one and it's the mental side of this match-up that concerns me more than the technical side.
    The pair are very similar, but it could certainly be argued that Djokovic is just that little bit better and certainly his confidence in himself is the more solid of the two in this match-up.

Perhaps now that Murray is as confident as possible in his own body and fitness we might see a change in his belief when facing Djokovic, but that's the gamble part for me.
    Djokovic is yet to be really tested this fortnight and was able to win fairly comfortably in the end against Rafa Nadal, but - and I never thought I'd say this - it's Murray rather than Nadal who is the man to beat on clay in 2015.
    An interesting stat that could be helpful in this one is that in their last 13 meetings going back to the Olympics of 2012 on grass 11 of them have gone to 10 games or more in set one.
    This fits with the theory that their tennis level is very similar, and the final set scores in the same time period see eight of 13 going under 10 games, which fits with the Murray going away mentally theory.
    So, I'm expecting Murray to at least keep this close early on and the set one handicap of +2.5 games on Murray at 1.55 looks decent, given that it would have won in 11 of their last 13 matches.
    So, that's the first bet and the big-priced one that I'm rather tempted to take on is the Murray 7-5 in set one at a whopping 29.00, which seems huge to me.
    As I've said their set ones have been tight and nine of the last 13 have ended either 7-6 or 7-5 to one or the other of them (usually Novak), so given Murray's clear and obvious improvement and confidence on clay right now that bet looks one to take a punt on.
    History is against Djokovic at this tournament, given that only Rod Laver, Mats Wilander and Jim Courier have ever done the Australian Open/French Open double in the Open era and those that have handed this trophy to Djokovic already may be a tad premature.
    He 'should' beat Murray here, but the Serb looks too short for my liking and I'm happy to side with Murray in the ways indicated above.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5674

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think so too. But the problem is Stan isn't a mediocre player - he either plays excellently or extremely poorly.

brodie
    you got the juice now

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Brave pick

Never ever say never on an upset. Too many variables to ever fathom a -500 bet. I mean I get it if you're a parlay guy and want to throw it in with a bunch of other stuff, but by itself you've got injury, weather, scoreboard parts falling, you never know what might happen.
    yawn. take the free money EP last time i will tell you

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

1. 6/5/2015 9:00 AM Props Tennis 121 N.Djokovic 1st Set Games Won/A.Murray 1st Set Games Won* Over 9½ -125
      Risking $100.00 To Win $80.00
    2. 6/5/2015 9:00 AM Props Tennis 131 N.Djokovic Sets Won/A.Murray Sets Won* Over 3½ -130
      Risking $52.00 To Win $40.00

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Murray's fitness is ultimately going to let him down. In his last match, he was able to hang with Novak but was completely gassed after only 2 sets so no idea how he is going to cope with 5 sets. After the match, he said he simply just can't keep rallying with Novak as he just ends up gassed so will be interesting to see how he comes out and plays this time. Expecting him to look for more winners and finish points faster but that's just really not his style of play.

picopico101
    picopico101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

It's easy day. Stan and Novak will win.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

I'm trying to figure out why the books opened Tsonga @2.35-2.40.. They must of know they would get huge action on wawrinka....

ManeOnFire

Djokovic is such a bad bet. Serena would be better even if she's sick.

123 Last