Banking on the fatigue factor

ManeOnFire
    ManeOnFire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

I'm on 18.00 lol

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

not trying to b a dick bt this is a clear example of a misuse of the tired angle. seen so many ppl buried on here this yr with the angle

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Is pliskova tired?

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Is pliskova tired?
    the tired angle goes straight out the window wen the player is playing in a bigger tournament

that being said, it is on clay and at home fr espinosa so the upset is possible bt she has been in horrid form so far this yr nd has had some injury issues as well

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    not trying to b a dick bt this is a clear example of a misuse of the tired angle. seen so many ppl buried on here this yr with the angle
    Not trying to argue with you, but please specify why exactly you find this to be the case. Furthermore, please explain why "the tired angle goes straight out the window" when a player is participating in a premium event.

SirtySree

^ no worries, was on my phone otherwise wouldve made a better post explaining before.

i had a post bout a month ago on my opinion of the tired angle but i wont bother to look for it. il just summarise briefly wat i did write tho. wat i wrote below is rather brief and can b a bit hard to read bt if anyone is actually wanting to read about it, they can go find my original post which was in a thread named almagro if i recall.

first thing that comes into ppls mind on here after a player comes off a final seems to be that they must be tired, whereas you really should be thinking they must be in good form. most players dont win a final without playing some good tennis and at the very least, gets some good confidence in their game and tennis is mental half the time. so after establishing a player is in good form, if u want to fade them with the tired angle, you cant just say they must be tired as that term is way too broad and u should look at the factor that would warrant a player being so called tired. some factors i talked about before was number of matches played, distance travelled, timezone, and level of tournament. for example, svitolina playing 5 matches in a row is not warrant of being 'tired'. who exactly on tour gets tired after playing just a handful of games? the distance travelled and timezone simply just looks at wen the player is scheduled to play. for example, if they r scheduled to play in a new tournament where in the old timezone, they would be asleep that could adversely affect their game. then level of tournament just looks at the motivation factor. logically speaking, if u go from a long run in an atp event to a small challenger event, u would most likely not try as hard if u r feeling even a little tired whereas if it was the other way round, for most players u would play ur hardest even if u were tired. i used the example of cuevas before during his umag run where he won 2 atp finals in a row with qualifiers and then had to play against yang in a challenger event. like most asians, yang is a good returner and rallies well so no easy points for cuevas and obviously he lost after taking all the factors above into consideration