Zarina
    Zarina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Errani - Diyas

Hello to all,

my name is Zarina. Eventhought I am not allowed to bet, I have been following this forum for some time because I enjoy what you write, your precious illusions and your comically bad bets (just kidding ). I'm trying to introduce among friends and family the expression "tennis bettor" to mean that somebody doesn't know what he is talking about, I think it is a good idea! But I'm not here to talk linguistics and of course I wouldn't want my first post to be off-topic (knock on wood).

Today I had a good win against Sabine and I am very happy with how I played (when I'm happy I write on forums). I know Sabine didn't play well today and made a ton of errors, but I have my part of credit too. I have seen the match between Sara and Aga and I think that I deserve more respect from the market and also from you (no one is saying that I am a favorite against Errani). I will try my best to play solid tennis, with minimum number of errors, and Sara will have to play better than she did today, especially in the first set. As most of you know her serve is very week (today her second serve was very easy to attack and she missed a lot of first serves) so I will have a lot of chances to win on the return. If I serve well, be aggressive and make deep shots, confortable playing my own style, I think I can win.

Sara has a good overall mentality but she is not the furious fighter that she once was and I assure you that I will not give her any easy points nor any space to breathe as some other players do. Not one inch. To win this match she will have to play at a very high level and I doubt she will be doing that. Both her wins against Aga and Muguruza in Miami (the two times she won as an underdog this season) had more to do with the poor mentality of the girls than Errani's level of play. Muguruza was clearly the best player but for some reason she started having some serious issues that cost her the match. And Agnieska was very negative today. She should have won the first set easily, usually she would have. But she commited strange errors and lost a lot of points that were hers to take, in situations where she had all the advantage. After winning the first set tiebreak (she won it by chance), Sara felt more positive and confident and she actually played better, I have to admit, but nothing spectacular. The Muguruza match was on 29/03 and the following day she lost to Hradecka 6-2 6-4, so it makes a lot of sense that I win tomorrow!!!!

You better go capture this opportunity because it will go away. This is my humble advice imho.

I will summarize the post like this: the betting community and the mentally handicapped community both agree that Sara deserves a lot of respect and will certantly beat me. "Oh, for sure!", thay say, spitting a piece of cheese pizza.

Well I want to tell you that it is the other way around.

You are welcome.

Kisses.,

Z

Ontnr
    Ontnr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Good evening to you! I'm sure this humble forum (though I don't take much part of it) is honoured by your presence.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea for a tennis player's mental well being to take a betting market personally. The market isn't a circle of 10 guys eating pizza and talking trash, but just whatever number needs to be given to balance the flow of money, wherever it comes from. And last time I checked, the mentally handicapped were far too busy with Eurovision and the like, to care about tennis.

Any single bettor might be someone who doesn't know what he talks about, just like any single tennis player might not know what she talks about outside tennis, but it's a fact that the betting market, just like any other financial market that depends on the future, is a prediction market. Prediction markets are the best thing we have for predicting the future in general, but since they are imperfect, an expert or someone with inside information, such as yourself (for instance, you have information about yourself that the market doesn't have), can cherry pick situations where the market is off and thus make a profit. Most people and bettors are not experts of course.

Having said that, viewing one's chances accurately as a tennis player is probably a weakness when it comes to beating her opponent, so while your point of view might not be the best for financial analysis, it is probably the best for playing tennis, which makes sense.

If your overall point is that most bettors, or let's say just humans, are losers comparatively speaking, there's no contending that. That's the burden of success.

Good luck

Zarina

I agree with with everything you said. Just to clarify, Zarina is just my username, I am a bettor myself and I eat pizza, I was just joking. I think there is value in Diyas the tennis player in the Errani match and wanted to express it in an original fashion, in my first post. I am sorry that I did not leave enough information to let others know that I wasn't serious. I respect this forum and this is why I follow it and I why I posted today.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Diyas doesn't have the weapons Hradecka has. Hradecka is tall and has that
    power hit which can pin Errani into hitting a lob and being exposed.
    Errani is still a tough animal to pin down. Look what she did to Aga today.
    This is also on clay - Errani has been great on clay in South America.. now
    in Europe she will start her Euro round. Diyas only won today because Sabine
    couldn't play.. something was wrong with her. good luck but I don't see how
    Zarina Diyas matches up well against Sara Errani.

picopico101
    picopico101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

Errani's surve was awful last night.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

I'd expect a considerably smaller line if Zarina truly had a good shot after double-bageling Lisicki.

ManeOnFire
    ManeOnFire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Yes I think it should be close.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

As much rubbish as Errani is capable of dishing up while playing a game of tennis I think on clay it's a bit excusable. Liscki has never been considerably great on clay and her game does not suit it at all. A lot of her power is nullified on it. Similar situation with Diyas.
    I do agree with the above that the line set is about right but if one is confident on placing a wager Im not one to stop them!

Zarina

Errani playing much better than expected. Serve's better too. Not looking well for Diyas.