SharpyUSA
    SharpyUSA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 355

Miami ATP/WTA Masters 1000 Thread

Hi Guys, have been a lurker for several years, and now time for me to start posting.

Melzer/Harrison

Young Ryan has showed a tremedous display in his game this year. He creeped into the bigger ATP events last year, but only to find himself being inconsistent, due to the inexperience at top notch competitions. This year is a totally different Ryan Harrison, who has pretty much been great serving throughout his whole career (especially challenger circuits) but has stepped up in his rallying. I don't know if any of you watched this guy much last year, but when rallies took a little longer to finish the point, he would just slam the ball anywhere creating several unforced errors, and that was mostly due to his mentally meltdowns. And from then on, would lose the whole match with a hot head.

Again, totally different player for him in 2015.

Now we have Jurgen, who has always been a difficult player to bet on. He would play tremendous tennis in one event, followed by a "Forrest Gump" type of display in the following events. Real tough player to bet on. But at least we know he HAS the talent, and can show a great quality of tennis.

One thing here that separates the two players, is Jurgen's ability to handle big servers. As Harrison pretty much relies on his service game, more than his rallying, this could be one of those matches Jurgen can win in two sets, because of his ability to figure players like Ryan out. ESPECIALLY when Ryan is at home, and he may feel a little shaky, trying to show off for the home crowd. Jurgen's experience and rallying should ware Ryan down, and also very important for Jurgen to win the first set too.

Melzer ML +168

I also took Posisil at -104

Cheers, and goodluck guys

SharpyUSA

0 YTD
    0 RECORD

All plays are $100 unless stated

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Great analysis! I jumped on Melzer +160 few hours ago, for pretty much the same reasons. Especially because ha has a decent return to handle big servers, as you mentioned. And also, despite Harrison improved lately and is not as erratic as in earlier seasons, I think it is still too early to trust him with all that juice. Good luck!

SharpyUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    Great analysis! I jumped on Melzer +160 few hours ago, for pretty much the same reasons. Especially because ha has a decent return to handle big servers, as you mentioned. And also, despite Harrison improved lately and is not as erratic as in earlier seasons, I think it is still too early to trust him with all that juice. Good luck!

Exactly!

GL man

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Took Melzer 3 days ago and also on Jaziri

BOL guys

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by SharpyUSA View Post
    Hi Guys, have been a lurker for several years, and now time for me to start posting.

Melzer/Harrison

Young Ryan has showed a tremedous display in his game this year. He creeped into the bigger ATP events last year, but only to find himself being inconsistent, due to the inexperience at top notch competitions. This year is a totally different Ryan Harrison, who has pretty much been great serving throughout his whole career (especially challenger circuits) but has stepped up in his rallying. I don't know if any of you watched this guy much last year, but when rallies took a little longer to finish the point, he would just slam the ball anywhere creating several unforced errors, and that was mostly due to his mentally meltdowns. And from then on, would lose the whole match with a hot head.

Again, totally different player for him in 2015.

Now we have Jurgen, who has always been a difficult player to bet on. He would play tremendous tennis in one event, followed by a "Forrest Gump" type of display in the following events. Real tough player to bet on. But at least we know he HAS the talent, and can show a great quality of tennis.

One thing here that separates the two players, is Jurgen's ability to handle big servers. As Harrison pretty much relies on his service game, more than his rallying, this could be one of those matches Jurgen can win in two sets, because of his ability to figure players like Ryan out. ESPECIALLY when Ryan is at home, and he may feel a little shaky, trying to show off for the home crowd. Jurgen's experience and rallying should ware Ryan down, and also very important for Jurgen to win the first set too.

Melzer ML +168

I also took Posisil at -104

Cheers, and goodluck guys
    BOL to you with your picks and new thread.

SharpyUSA

cheers, Makman

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

^^ Good analysis on Melzer.

But imo, this analysis should lead you to skip this game, Melzer can not be trusted. Harrison doesnt have too much value for his ML odd.
    Maybe to play Harrison -1.5 sets ??

If Melzer pass this round, he will face Chardy. In that game it will be good shot to bet on Melzer, because Chardy is playing terrible.

But not in this one imo

Anyways good luck to you all on Melzer

SharpyUSA

pospisil winner

SharpyUSA

Gavrilova/sharapova
    over 18.5 +105

SharpyUSA

Nice job by melzer. He really showed toughness in that 2nd set

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

Nice calls today.

SharpyUSA

Thanks Johnny

SharpyUSA

I had a feeling about gavrilova ml but didn't have the balls. Maria had no answers for her

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

Me too but not even a small bet

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    Took Melzer 3 days ago and also on Jaziri

BOL guys
    Melzer wins, Jaziri blows 6-2 5-3

SharpyUSA

3-0 YTD
    +$469(Includes $100 deposit)

Ramos/Mannarino

Mannarino played some great tennis last week at Indian Wells and is showing a great improvement in his form thus far. Adrian has been pretty inconsistent in his career, but has shown signs of improvement in the past couple of years. For a 26 yr old who's been at ATP level since 2005, he needs to be showing better results, so things can quickly slip away from him, and he can become another French Journeyman. He HAS the quality to win some ATP 250-500's and reach latter stages of 1000's and GS's. Again, he's on the right track thus far.

Same kind of situation with Albert. Pretty much been flying up and down the ATP rankings his whole life, and just can't get a break. He's a great player and like Mannarino, has shown improvement this game. The dude even broke Djokovic a couple of times this year, which ISN'T an easy thing to do.

I like Albert in this matchup as he is playing the same type of tennis as Adrian, and is controlling the match's to his advantage. It's not going to be an easy match for him, especially is Mannarino shows the same quality and display as Indian Wells, but, I just have a feeling Adrian is going to have a let down spot today, and Ramos takes this in 2 tight sets, or maybe even 3...

Ramos ML +138
    Last edited by SharpyUSA; 03-27-15 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Spelling errors/grammar

SharpyUSA

Nieminen/Mayer

Like Jarkko's groove right now and think he can win this one in 2 sets. Mayer a great player, but will wait a couple of months to bet on him. Can't bet on someone who is not showing his best this year. Mayer got kind of sloppy after he nearly/should've beaten federer last year. It will take him a minute to get back on track. For now, I think Nieminen takes advantage of it.

Nieminen ML +106

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Damn was eyeing mannarino but you got me second guessing now lol . You know better than me so I'll lay off now.

SharpyUSA

Vinnie Paz go with your instincts!

SharpyUSA

Thiem ML +158

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Backing Ramos as well (on the spread), so we are on the same side again

I understand that Jarkko found some rhythm lately, but he really struggles in slow conditions often. And he also admited that his win in the first round wasn't neccessarily result of his super performance, because Matosevic wasn't on very high level that day. I was thinking about Mayer, but didn't see enoug value in those odds, so I skipped that one. BOL

SharpyUSA

Thanks HB44. Yeah Jarkko seems kind of sluggish, but he's woken up in the 2nd. Hopefully he can somehow win this and go into the 3rd...and who knows what happens then.

GL man

SharpyUSA

Nieminen did a great impression of a WTA player to get broken in the 2nd. Really convincing

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

I'm sure you saw it unfolding live and in person.

SharpyUSA

silly little girl, Jarkko. Very silly. Had a chance to win that 2nd set TB

SharpyUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    I'm sure you saw it unfolding live and in person.

I see you're picking a load of winners. I haven't flicked onto your previous pages, but I see you're already 1-6 and 3 matches pending.

You're doing well there, champ.

SharpyUSA

I have my first official troll.

But one that has a serious losing record...

Hardcoar

The average odds of my bets tend to be high. Logically, it follows that the average proportion of winners is lower than the average bettor's. Thanks for pointing out a useless observation of yours in an attempt to appear less pathetic though; well done!

Not that my record has any relevance to the fact that there is no footage of Nieminen–Mayer. I bet you didn't realize that...

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by SharpyUSA View Post
    I have my first official troll.

But one that has a serious losing record...
    If you call a sarcastic remark pointing out an absolute fact "trolling", I take it you don't know much about internet trolling, my friend.

I have a losing record? That's news to me... thanks for letting me know!

SharpyUSA

I never actually said I watched it, as Euro sport keeps switching match to match. You're a bitter loser.

Do me a favor? Don't post here again. You're not really wanted...

Hardcoar

No, but what you did say is this:

"Nieminen did a great impression of a WTA player to get broken in the 2nd."

I may be bitter, but I'm no loser.
    : )

I will be kind enough to you to do my best to stay away from your thread. This is a public forum after all...

RRed8925
    RRed8925's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Why is the Ramos game delayed? I though it started at 2 central

SharpyUSA

great match there by thiem. showed class to beat him

SharpyUSA

Cornet ML +179