Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

of course she can but she's been playing a lot
    in south central america and might be getting burned out
    she is already coming home with a title
    you know she is a fire ant and has to work/grunt 3 times harder
    Pavly is a tall woman, their games very different
    could go either way but ppl are fading Sara.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Snowball I find these matches that you described to favor the smaller/agile player? No data or anything to base that off, just assumption based on extremely small sample.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think anyone is fading Errani. I think people are backing someone who is 17-0 at this tournament life-time and seems to just win no matter what on these courts. Not the best of match-ups for Errani, she'll need to do a lot more than she's done the 1st two rounds and get some help from Pav too. Of course, it's WTA and that's a formula that can easily happen.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Pavy always mental midget, can overpower but play stupid.

SCI
    SCI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I don't think anyone is fading Errani. I think people are backing someone who is 17-0 at this tournament life-time and seems to just win no matter what on these courts. Not the best of match-ups for Errani, she'll need to do a lot more than she's done the 1st two rounds and get some help from Pav too. Of course, it's WTA and that's a formula that can easily happen.
    She got the help she needed from Pavly. End of story and match. The WTA is simple.

SCI

From Pavly serving at 5-3 to not winning another game. Anything else wouldn't be normal.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eh it's WTA and weather delay. Just as likely to come back out and it goes 3. The only easy thing in WTA is predicting breaks. You bet live on breaks and take the non-server, you probably win at least 60% of the time it seems.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

these tournaments are crap this week...
    if Caroline and Ana don't win both
    then what.. lol...... WTA = Wet T-Shirt Association.

SCI

The difference in this match is 100% mental. Errani is fighting when she gets down in a service game, while Pavly is double faulting and making dumb ass errors when she gets down.

I know Errani is a better player than Schiavone now, but Schiavone tried the same antics against Garcia last night and Garcia wasn't having it.

Pavly is mentally weak, Errani's grunts scare her pig face.

SCI

I swear Sharapova and Errani's antics wins them matches alone. It's devastating to hear.

SCI

Come one Errani, serve this one out so we can stop watching this misery of a match. I'd rather watch Ivanovic

jtoler

Lol @ Pavy very funny.

SCI

As soon as Pavly got up in both sets, Errani started to grunt louder and she fell on her face.

Hard to bet against Errani, even at 4'0 she is intimidating to mentally weak players.

SCI

Errani played Babos and Pavly, two players with similiar builds and games IMO. She made them both look silly. You have to give it up to the miniature Italian.

jtoler

When Errani was down she played a little more aggressive but Pavy is in bad form anyway. Bad form contributes to lower confidence, still she could have won but too impatient.

SCI

Women's tennis has many tough losses, but it can also be very easy wins as well. Many Women just go away mentally when things aren't working. The smallest things and they just check out. Mladenovic is a classic example.

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Well, are we trying to fade Errani again today? Can one of these beaver ballers take advantage of Errani's weak-ass serve??

davidg123
    davidg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Quote Originally Posted by w@lt View Post
    Well, are we trying to fade Errani again today? Can one of these beaver ballers take advantage of Errani's weak-ass serve??
    My book has Errani at +120 and against a tired Bacinsky, I think that it is definitely worth a look.

SCI

Quote Originally Posted by w@lt View Post
    Yeah, she gets away with it by adding a loud grunt to distract her opponents. I have no idea how she gets away with it. The rest of her game is solid and she's a fighter, which is intimidating, especially against mentally weak players.

SCI

Sharapova, Schiavone and Errani all have loud grunts when they hit the ball, but most of the time have nothing into the shot. Weak shots with loud grunts.