davidg123
    davidg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Leaning Over 19 for Monaco-Nadal

The Over 19 is -120. The only thing that worries me is the inferiority complex that seems to be happening in most of their previous matches but, once again, I don't think Nadal is playing at a fantastic level while Monaco is really playing great clay court tennis. Monaco also is playing in his home country and will have the crowd behind him. He also doesn't have a one-handed backhand, so Nadal cannot exploit that. If Rafa isn't serving well tomorrow, this match could be very, very tight.

19 just seems a little low to me...what do y'all think?

SCI
    SCI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

I mean you would think so, especially since Berlocq pushed it Over the total.

The thing is, Nadal has absolutely destroyed Monaco every time they have played on clay. 12-0 sets and the most games Monaco won in a set was just 3. 6 breadsticks and 3 bagels.

A couple of these matches Monaco was top 15 at the time as well.

The only thing Monaco has going for him is that he's playing in Buenos Aires.
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave SCI 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by SCI View Post
    I mean you would think so, especially since Berlocq pushed it Over the total.

12-0 sets and the most games Monaco won in a set was just 3. 6 breadsticks and 3 bageThe thing is, Nadal has absolutely destroyed Monaco every time they have played on clay. ls.

A couple of these matches Monaco was top 15 at the time as well.

The only thing Monaco has going for him is that he's playing in Buenos Aires.
    Before I even read this I had already pounded Nadal under 12.5 games won -165.
    Seems like the easiest money of the week.

davidg123

That's actually wrong SCI. Monaco actually won a match, albeit by retirement, 7-6, 4-1.

davidg123

Line for 19 is down to -110. I might wait a little bit and see if I can get it down to 18.5 or get Monaco Games won down to 6.5 before I make the bet. OR I might just wait for SMU. We'll see!

davidg123

Decided it would be better value if I went with Monaco Over 7 games at +110. I have thought it over, and it essentially the same thing as Over 19 for better value.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monaco has been extended hard for two straight matches and left a lot of break opps out on the table against Almagro. Did a good job saving most of them or Almagro failed a lot on converting. Against Rafa, I don't think there's a repeat of that failure. Monaco will have to tighten up his serve a lot or he's getting broken early and often and I don't know that there's a lot he can tighten up, it's just who he is.

Rafa may not be dazzling, but his serving #s this week have been mostly solid to where he's holding and then picking apart his opponent eventually. I think you might be fortunate to push anything for an over in this match. It's just not a good match-up for Monaco.

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Monaco hits the ball flat and is very predictable for Rafa. Add his loserself, I think this is more likely to go under.

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

What was that conversation about can anyone translate?

EaglesPhan36

Maybe the rain delays will work in your favor and break up the concentration enough to make it interesting. Can't even imagine how much it sucks to keep going on and off the court during rain delays.

SCI
    SCI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

Quote Originally Posted by davidg123 View Post
    That's actually wrong SCI. Monaco actually won a match, albeit by retirement, 7-6, 4-1.
    Yeah, that was on a hard court. I specifically said on clay.

davidg123

Well, at least Nadal didn't break in that first game. It's also good for me that Nadal serves first (better chance for 6-4, 6-4). A good start, I feel.

davidg123

Huge hold for Monaco there. Nadal will need to break twice in last set.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Unfortunately, easy to see Monaco getting bagelled now.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Monaco legs gone

Sumalia
    Sumalia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1376

The Argentinian butthole thinks he is still playing Almagro

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Monaco legs gone
    This apparently is going to be the SBR tennis joke for the year.

Although it might be correct today and not just fun time banter.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Very hard to beat that moon baller on clay.

davidg123

Oh well. Monaco just didn't have the stuff. Weird, for a guy of his stature, his is really mediicre...

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Maybe the rain delays will work in your favor and break up the concentration enough to make it interesting. Can't even imagine how much it sucks to keep going on and off the court during rain delays.
    Really thought those conditions could make this match a fraud and I'd have to sweat Rafa under 12.5 games won.
    In situations like that I tend to give the lesser player the edge because a better player has to fear injury more and play less chaotic, as it doesn't mean as much.
    But Rafa hadn't won one in a minute and needed this title, glad to see none of that altered the outcome and he dominated.

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    Monaco hits the ball flat and is very predictable for Rafa. Add his loserself, I think this is more likely to go under.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

how did he play like such a tard after being dominant all week, must be gay for nadull

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by Cappinpicks View Post
    how did he play like such a tard after being dominant all week, must be gay for nadull
    Monaco played against one-handed BH players on upper rounds and he wore them down. Monaco hit the ball strong on every ball and got slowly close to the net with each ball while one-handed BHers had a really tough time to return deep as the court was too slow, they could not hit winners. So basically Monaco wore them down by his muscle power and exploited the court's speed and one handed BHers' weakness on this surface.

Of course this tactic cant work with Nadal, two-handed BH and a huge Forehand who returns every ball deep. Add Monaco's extremely flat hitting style with no flair or creativity, it was easy for less than 100% Nadal.
    Last edited by kenz; 03-02-15 at 01:45 AM.

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Monaco played against one-handed BH players on upper rounds and he wore them down. Monaco hit the ball strong on every ball and got slowly close to the net with each ball while one-handed BHers had a really tough time to return deep as the court was too slow, they could not hit winners. So basically Monaco wore them down by his muscle power and exploited the court's speed and one handed BHers' weakness on this surface.

Of course this tactic cant work with Nadal, two-handed BH and a huge Forehand who returns every ball deep. Add Monaco's extremely flat hitting style with no flair or creativity, it was easy for less than 100% Nadal.
    1handed backhand will die soon. It is a sad fact of tennis.