pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Renzo Olivo +3 / +160

I don't usually post plays.. But when I do, I typically hit under 45% ☺️

Seriously though, I love Renzo Olivo to lay the smack down on old man Nieminen today in Argentina. Jarkko was gifted the match against Cecchinto in Brazil last week, then got smoked by Monaco (despite a big comeback in the second set). I think a legit dirt baller like olivo can get it done

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Olivo despite making the final took an injury timeout in almost all his matches last week before retiring in the final. I guess the positive is you know he will retire if hes not fit to help void the bet if hes losing.

pattymayo

Renzo looks good, has had plenty of time to recover. I saw a video on Twitter of him practicing yesterday. Looks fit

pattymayo

Also, an Olivo win here sets up a rematch with Tommy robredo, who Olivo upset last year in Bastad

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Jarkko was bad in Rio, but he was admiting from the start that he is struggling a lot in those humid conditions. He feels much better in Buenos Aires. I usually like Olivo, but this one will be tricky for him. He likes to run around and play with his forehand a lot, which is more difficult to do against lefty. Also, I've read that clay in Buenos Aires is pretty slow. Olivo plays bit too agressive at times, imho, so this surface shouldn't suit his game that much. Line seems sharp at the momemnt. But if it keeps going up for Nieminen ML, I will be tempted to jump on it, taking those problems with Olivo had on his last tournament. Good luck!

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Bastad clay is the slowest and bounciest clay court on tour which Olivo had success on. I think a slower clay court would actual assist Olivo as you outlined his style. It will give him time to not only set his feet for his aggressive style but also allows him to run around and use his forehand. If this clay is actually slow, then I like his chances to be honest.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Of course. You can look at it that way as well. My oppinion is, that we should not put much stock in his "success" in Bastad and immidiatly assume that he does well on slow clay. It's not like he got far in that torunament. He had one upset and then he was out.

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

He is a head case though

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Olivo despite making the final took an injury timeout in almost all his matches last week before retiring in the final. I guess the positive is you know he will retire if hes not fit to help void the bet if hes losing.
    4 straight 3 set comeback wins. I bet he was just sore. Nemo is no Sluggy on the slow clay either. Should be a interesting match