Geoff_Saari
    Geoff_Saari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

against Donald Duck?

i dunno , the dude has been playing good tennis lately . Donaldīs got this

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Coin flip? If Donald Dosnt let that DelRay finals get to him, he should be fine. Odds seem too low on harrison though

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

I think Harrison has been playing real well too, actually. Seems to have righted the ship somewhat after a disastrous 2014 campaign.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Not my write-up below, but I was leaning Harrison before reading it and decided to pull the trigger:

Up first for Young on Tuesday is an all-American showdown against Harrison. The head-the-head series, including Challengers, stands at 2-2. Harrison held a 2-1 edge with wins in 2010 and 2013, but Young dominated their most recent encounter–and only one at the ATP level–6-0, 6-1 last spring on the clay of Houston. That year was a disaster for Harrison, but he is playing much better in 2015 and has a Challenger title plus back-to-back successful qualifications (Memphis and now Acapulco) to show for his efforts. The world No. 169 may be able to capitalize on an opponent who already started showing signs of fatigue in Sunday’s final against Ivo Karlovic.

Geoff_Saari

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRudeboy View Post
    Not my write-up below, but I was leaning Harrison before reading it and decided to pull the trigger:

Up first for Young on Tuesday is an all-American showdown against Harrison. The head-the-head series, including Challengers, stands at 2-2. Harrison held a 2-1 edge with wins in 2010 and 2013, but Young dominated their most recent encounter–and only one at the ATP level–6-0, 6-1 last spring on the clay of Houston. That year was a disaster for Harrison, but he is playing much better in 2015 and has a Challenger title plus back-to-back successful qualifications (Memphis and now Acapulco) to show for his efforts. The world No. 169 may be able to capitalize on an opponent who already started showing signs of fatigue in Sunday’s final against Ivo Karlovic.
    interesting. link to source?

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

It might be worth noting that I am on some serious tilt right now after the goddamn zebras in the Clippers game hosed me out of over 26.5 rebounds plus points for DeAndre Jordan by waiving off two baskets and only giving him the foul shots instead (which he made only 1-4). He finished with 26. But nevertheless, 1 unit on Harrison. Another on some awful chalk parlay I won't post.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Everybody always sleeping on the Don

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Coin flip? If Donald Dosnt let that DelRay finals get to him, he should be fine. Odds seem too low on harrison though
    This

Ivo frustrated the shit out of donald, if isnt still thinking about that match (which was only 2 days ago) he should be fine, but who knows

davidg123
    davidg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

I think Donald wins this in three. He might be a little fatigued, but he is still playing great tennis lately and should definitely beat Ryan.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

coin flip

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    coin flip
    Agreed

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

'Merica needs a rested Donald for the Davis Cup, LOL. Go Ryan

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Unposted silly chalk alive and kicking with Murray, Birdy, Agut, Diyas. Still a couple more to close!

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Shitshow
    Points Awarded:

matt1216 gave kenz 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by davidg123 View Post
    I think Donald wins this in three. He might be a little fatigued, but he is still playing great tennis lately and should definitely beat Ryan.
    Who has harrison beat? A washed up Russle who's battling injuries, and Jaziri, who is also injured. I think he can take a set, but talent wise (ATM) The Don is better. The over is not a bad option here IMO

matt1216

The speed of this court is made for the returner. We saw this with Lajovic vs Kokk. It's a slower hardcourt, ex) Gabashvilli has a chance to beat Karlovic tonight

Geoff_Saari

thanks!

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Honestly if I realized this didn't start till 7pm I probably would've passed. Book keeps posting wrong match times

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Early lessons from this week: play Dubai, avoid the clay, Zarina Diyas is the only woman I have a clue on, and tread cautiously in Ole Mexico.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff_Saari View Post
    thanks!
    Yea not a bad site. EPs blog is a real nice read too.

Geoff_Saari

Yea not a bad site. EPs blog is a real nice read too.
    oh yeah? can you link me. thx

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

He posts here daily, just check his thread, Racquet Abuse

Geoff_Saari

right on, thanks mate

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    The speed of this court is made for the returner. We saw this with Lajovic vs Kokk. It's a slower hardcourt, ex) Gabashvilli has a chance to beat Karlovic tonight
    I don't think what Kokkinakis did has anything to do with one of the best servers in the business in Karlovic. Kokkinakis isn't even close in terms of what he can do. His serve was a mess against Falla in qualis, he was fortunate Falla choked. I think it was more his serve as poor than Lajovic did some great job returning.

I think you're comparing apples to sweatsocks with Karlovic and Kokk in terms of serve.

Karlovic showed last week in Delray Beach that an A+ serve is an A+ serve. If I've read everything right, the surface is pretty close speed-wise to Delray Beach. It's definitely not some lightning quick surface, but big servers can do what they do in looking back at last year and this year.

Only way Karlovic loses to Gabashvili is he he has no legs from the long week at Delray Beach and working into the heat in Acapulco, but he did it last year without big struggles early.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I don't think what Kokkinakis did has anything to do with one of the best servers in the business in Karlovic. Kokkinakis isn't even close in terms of what he can do. His serve was a mess against Falla in qualis, he was fortunate Falla choked. I think it was more his serve as poor than Lajovic did some great job returning.

I think you're comparing apples to sweatsocks with Karlovic and Kokk in terms of serve.

Karlovic showed last week in Delray Beach that an A+ serve is an A+ serve. If I've read everything right, the surface is pretty close speed-wise to Delray Beach. It's definitely not some lightning quick surface, but big servers can do what they do in looking back at last year and this year.

Only way Karlovic loses to Gabashvili is he he has no legs from the long week at Delray Beach and working into the heat in Acapulco, but he did it last year without big struggles early.

I don't really know how you measure court speed from player to player, but I did see Isner and K. Anderson bang out a few 130+mph aces at Delray

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The speed sometimes is over rated as it pertains to big servers IMO. Yes, it is going to influence the speed of the ball, etc. But I think it's more that it helps guys who get into rallies and win points by outworking guys. Hard courts are still great for big servers even if they rate slower than others.

Big servers are still going to pound the ball. Aces might be less when the speed is less, but if a guy hits his big serve in the right spots - they're still not returnable or great starts to a short rally that they can win. It's when they struggle hitting their spots or getting their 1st serves in so that someone sees a lot of second serves that I think the court speed takes a big toll on big servers because they are not getting the MPHs they need to start points in better position for themselves, so returners get an edge.

Just my two cents.
    Points Awarded:

JohnnyRudeboy gave EaglesPhan36 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Was thinking the over too and forgot

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

DY retires. Guess that heat got to him

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!