potjnr88
    potjnr88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1732

Molchanov Fix!

Anyone seen this? was 1.70 pre match, won the 1st set and was about 7/1 on betfair...live betting taken down on all books. He was 13/1 a break down in the 2nd.

He's trying to act it out but it seems all too clear over £600,000 matched on betfair. He just did a slide on the court sending his racket flying...ridiculous

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Hilarious! Velotti 1.16 favoruite after losing the 1st set before line was pulled.

If anyone missed it, here's a nomination for an Oscar award.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B83sIS7IQAAxsc7.mp4

SirtySree

http://new.livestream.com/ATP/dallas...ideos/75819670

Full match here if anyone wants a laugh. One of the worse acting jobs I've seen.

SirtySree

Here's an article on the fix and line movement if anyone wanted a read. $600,000 Euros on Betfair for this match which tops the Van Der Duim/Westerof fix of last year.

http://www.sportdw.com/2015/02/fix-t...molchanov.html

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

So who knew he would fold the match after winning 1st set? The bookie or the bettors and how?

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    So who knew he would fold the match after winning 1st set? The bookie or the bettors and how?
    Molchanov and the ppl involved with him. Once the money started going in favour of Velotti, the bookies adjust the lines like usual and bettors probably saw something strange and also went with Velotti triggering an avalanche of money on him.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Molchanov and the ppl involved with him. Once the money started going in favour of Velotti, the bookies adjust the lines like usual and bettors probably saw something strange and also went with Velotti triggering an avalanche of money on him.
    Wow sick...

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

unreal. had a small play on him. was going to watch the whole match but got distracted after he won the 1st, came back midway through the 2nd to see him slice literally every single ball that came his way until he made an error (playing a completely different style than what won him the 1st set). how are these guys not caught when it's so obvious like this?

girlscoutcookies
    girlscoutcookies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1899

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    unreal. had a small play on him. was going to watch the whole match but got distracted after he won the 1st, came back midway through the 2nd to see him slice literally every single ball that came his way until he made an error (playing a completely different style than what won him the 1st set). how are these guys not caught when it's so obvious like this?
    cuz nobody cares but us bettors. tennis challenger in dallas lol. lacrosse high school has more importance.

SirtySree

Molchanov's slip and throw racket away move takes the Oscar over Djovokiv's trip on air move against Murray.

Velotti was interviewed after the match and claims he had no clue over it which seems reasonable considering it was Molchanov that was playing strange, and not him.

To be honest, doubt anything will be done about this unless they somehow get proof which is unlikely like the Van der Dium/Westerhof match.

Some books are voiding bets on the match though so if you were on the losing end, I would suggest contacting your bookie.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by girlscoutcookies View Post
    cuz nobody cares but us bettors. tennis challenger in dallas lol. lacrosse high school has more importance.
    it's still a professional sport, and im pretty sure it's illegal to do

SirtySree

Of course it's illegal but like anything that's illegal in life, unless the authorities have proof, there isn't anything that can be done about it

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yaGKYETdig

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

Sportingbet voided my bet 2 days after the end of the game. Should I complain?

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by noober View Post
    Sportingbet voided my bet 2 days after the end of the game. Should I complain?
    No real point. Every bookie has in their terms and conditions when you sign up that they can pretty much do whatever they want.

Surprised Sportingbet voided it though. They use to settle everything. I use to make bets after the event with their live betting and they settled every bet I did. They eventually kicked me out for making too much money though from doing that.

JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Surprised Sportingbet voided it though.
    They obviously were set to lose big money.

It's a hugely unethical industry.

If Sportingbet were set to make a lot of money, but innocent customers would lose because of an "obvious fix", Sportingbet wouldn't void the market.

They look after themselves. That is all.

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

Yeah, unfair but seems pointless to complain. Its an obvious fix, but they have no proof.