Timmah2483
    Timmah2483's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

Murray/Kyrgios

Why havent I seen a thread about this match.. do we think he cant compete? I have him in a couple Parlays with Over, and Kyrgios +6.5... Where are people at on this?

All Murray? Any Kyrgios?

SlimZ
    SlimZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8320

Murray will beat kyrgios here in this spot but wouldn't suprise me that kyrgios can take a set from Murray with his serve

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing good to bet for me in this one. I think Murray wears him down over the course of the match, works over his legs and makes him feel the fatigue of playing 5 against Seppi. That said, if Kyrgios has his legs early, his serve can of course keep him in sets. What I saw against Seppi though doesn't inspire confidence. He has to start really well I think to get some confidence. A repeat of the Seppi match and Murra doesn't let him up off the floor.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

spread is +7.5 horrible line you got

AboutThatLife
    AboutThatLife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207

If he repeats what he did in the seppi match even at the close this will be a straight set affair

Timmah2483

Nick is 19... he didnt feel that 5 set match. Andy's 4 set match was more taxing. Especially when Kyrgios had 25 aces

EaglesPhan36

You're crazy if you think Kyrgios didn't feel what was spent in that match. It doesn't matter your age, it's about fitness and Murray is probably the fittest guy on tour. Krygios isn't even maybe 50% as fit as Murray. Kyrgios reminds me of Dimitrov a couple years ago. Supreme talent, but he's still got to get that fitness level up. There will be plenty of Grand Slam matches where he might not get pressed enough for it to matter, but guys like Rafa, Djokovic and Murray will work that angle.

Doesn't mean he cannot compete, but if Murray crafts the match to involve rallies - Kyrgios will get gassed IMO.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dollars2Donuts

Timmah2483

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    You're crazy if you think Kyrgios didn't feel what was spent in that match. It doesn't matter your age, it's about fitness and Murray is probably the fittest guy on tour. Krygios isn't even maybe 50% as fit as Murray. Kyrgios reminds me of Dimitrov a couple years ago. Supreme talent, but he's still got to get that fitness level up. There will be plenty of Grand Slam matches where he might not get pressed enough for it to matter, but guys like Rafa, Djokovic and Murray will work that angle.

Doesn't mean he cannot compete, but if Murray crafts the match to involve rallies - Kyrgios will get gassed IMO.
    Call me crazy, i guess... at 19, I could play all day. wake up do it again. Kyrgios also got about 4 more hrs rest. Im not worried about him being tired.. call me crazy...

AboutThatLife

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post

Murray always works a match most of the time to take it out of you.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Was leaning Kyrgios +points yesterday. Now leaning Murray. Have a feeling Kyrgios will get blown out here.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Murray -7 games??? Hmmm...

Seems about right.
    tough. Looking for some value somewhere.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesphan36 View Post
    you're crazy if you think kyrgios didn't feel what was spent in that match. It doesn't matter your age, it's about fitness and murray is probably the fittest guy on tour. Krygios isn't even maybe 50% as fit as murray. Kyrgios reminds me of dimitrov a couple years ago. Supreme talent, but he's still got to get that fitness level up. There will be plenty of grand slam matches where he might not get pressed enough for it to matter, but guys like rafa, djokovic and murray will work that angle.

Doesn't mean he cannot compete, but if murray crafts the match to involve rallies - kyrgios will get gassed imo.
    b-i-n-g-o

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Timmah2483 View Post
    Call me crazy, i guess... at 19, I could play all day. wake up do it again. Kyrgios also got about 4 more hrs rest. Im not worried about him being tired.. call me crazy...
    If it was Dimitrov instead, I think Kyrgios could do it because Dimitrov wouldn't run him around the court as much, but this is a bad guy to play coming off a 5 setter where he was pretty fortunate to wind up winning. As a young guy, I also think it's harder to get your emotional level back up to where it needs to be to start coming off a draining match like that. Mentally he might be more fatigued than physically to start.

His key has to be to start fast. He needs his serve to be nearly unreturnable. If Murray gets into his service games early, Kyrgios could get down mentally in a hurry and not be able to recover.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Only seen Murray in one match this tourney, he was very aggressive as opposed to how he normally plays. If he plays as aggressive he covers 7 IMO. If for whatever reason he resorted to being more defensive Kyrgios could cover.No reason for Murray to play cat and mouse here.
    Last edited by jtoler; 01-27-15 at 12:30 AM.

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

What about -1.5 sets at -336?

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Only seen Murray in one match this tourney, he was very aggressive as opposed to how he normally plays. If he plays as aggressive he covers 7 IMO. If for whatever reason he resorted to being more defensive Kyrgios could cover.No reason for Murray to play cat and mouse here.
    Completely agree. If he starts walking into Kyrgios's serve he will crush him....and I think he will. K isn't used to guys that can handle his serve.

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

Murray in straight sets if he doesn't fk around
    And Murray will once again be in the final and lose

EaglesPhan36

Stuart Fraser ‏@stu_fraser 45s46 seconds ago Nick Kyrgios was on practice court earlier on ahead of tonight's match. Heard screaming out in frustration: "Why am I getting nervous?!?!"

girlscoutcookies
    girlscoutcookies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1899

thinking 1st set goes to tie break

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

I like the over, think the kid takes a set or at least take a set or two to tie brakers

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    I like the over, think the kid takes a set or at least take a set or two to tie brakers
    Sorry bud, I think he is going to get azz-fukked.

Even in winning his first service game to love, you could see Andy feeling him out....analyzing him. This isn't going to be a long match.

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

So why is this dude wearing that celtics jersey again?

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Kyrgios is just hacking away here some horrible shots!

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Sorry bud, I think he is going to get azz-fukked.

Even in winning his first service game to love, you could see Andy feeling him out....analyzing him. This isn't going to be a long match.
    you are entitled to your opinion, i hope you got the under than.

AboutThatLife

This match is over .. Andy's my favorite player kid will have to battle to make it through every service game

AboutThatLife

Physiological and physical warfare has began by the third set hell be feeling this ....

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by AboutThatLife View Post
    This match is over .. Andy's my favorite player kid will have to battle to make it through every service game
    You must be a real tool....

No offense of course.

Mase of Base

Kid needs to get fired up.

He's not being completely outplayed but some of his shots are just terrible.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Kid needs to get fired up.

He's not being completely outplayed but some of his shots are just terrible.
    Murray is just going to let the kid beat his own brains out.

AboutThatLife

Lol it'll go over when hell freezes you don't see this psychology, physiological warfare going on

AboutThatLife

He's been my favorite player for a while ..... Was cheering for him as he captured his first title .... Andy has the kid Brent over whether he breaks right now or not

SCI
    SCI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

Kyrgios is fighting through every service game and Andy is playing at like 70%. Andy still has another gear if need be.

AboutThatLife

When you receive constant pressure on your serve and more often than not don't put any on the other person eventually you'll crack and he's not playing atr that level where hell steal one like dimitov

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by SCI View Post
    Kyrgios is fighting through every service game and Andy is playing at like 70%. Andy still has another gear if need be.
    Yeah feels like it, as D2D said he's just letting Kygios beat himself and playing safe at the moment.

SCI
    SCI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

I feel like if Murray slips up and gets broken, he'll dig deeper and get the break back.

12 Last