Timmah2483
    Timmah2483's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

Wickmeyer 2-0 vs. Halep

Wickmeyer never lost to Halep, and early in the tournament I heard them bragging about Halep's success in the early games. Well this is her first evening game, and its against an opponent that has beaten her every time. The public is big on her and I think this has some serious value.

I cant bet this game.. I wish I could! apparently my processor closed at 7:00est, and I deposited at 7:20. NOT HAPPY. but I thought id pass along this little note, everybody loves +650 to +700 dawgs, lol. I think the +6 is great value, +1.5 sets is great value, the Over 19 is great value, the 1st set +435 has good value and I think the ML has a very good chance.

BOL everyone

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

The issue with that head to head is that Halep only really started to have success in 2013/2014 so has losing records to a lot of players that are worse than her. On the other hand, Wickmayer had her best years during those years she bet Halep and fell away during 2013/2014 when Halep had her success.

Wickmayer has been so bad in the past year and only just started winning now. It is tempting to back Wickmayer at these odds as there is a bit of value like you said but I still think Halep will take this at the end of the day.
    Points Awarded:

Timmah2483 gave SirtySree 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Timmah2483

LOL, Very weird way of agreeing with me.

I think the true value is in the spreads. If you notice the use of Great vs. Good when referring to the different bets in this game. The bettor in everyone wants to go on a ML when they see possibilities, but it's usually with the spreads/totals/props that u find your strongest value. I truly hate that I cant bet it. that's another reason why I believe it will hit.

Then I did my research on this round, Djokovic and Halep matches stuck out to me. Njokovic was an easy +9 and Over 28.5. I think +6 and Over 19 is also easy money.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

Wickmayer also has ITF final win over Halep in 2010. 3-0. 6-0.

AboutThatLife
    AboutThatLife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207

Lol at this historical data keyword "Historical"

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah agreed with most of the opposite side about the h2h not yielding that much here. Halep is a completely different player now than she was when they last met. If you truly think Wickmayer can win, I don't see why you wouldn't just take the ML. Still a very high payout and I think it's very unlikely Halep doesn't win a set.

Good luck though.
    Points Awarded:

Timmah2483 gave EaglesPhan36 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Timmah2483

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    If you truly think Wickmayer can win, I don't see why you wouldn't just take the ML...... I think it's very unlikely Halep doesn't win a set.
    Your statement there kind of summarizes why you wouldnt JUST take the ML. Even if Wickmeyer wins, I believe its a great match. (2-1, 1-2) U can call it hedging your ML bet or whatever, but if it was me (which Ive said already I cant bet it) I would have it in +6, Over 19, and +680.. Over 19 as the strongest play.

And u said it yourself in "biggest tennis bet ever" nothing in this sport is a given. Like the stock market for retirement. U put like 20% in high risk, 30% in medium risk, and 50% in low risk.

Timmah2483

got up to +800! are you kidding me?? torture.

EaglesPhan36

Halep is rolling.

EaglesPhan36

Wick Wicky took a break back though, 3-4 in the 1st. Kinda typical WTA.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

If you really followed tennis and not just h2h you'd know this wasn't a good bet.
    Points Awarded:

matt1216 gave jtoler 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: matt1216

Timmah2483

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    If you really followed tennis and not just h2h you'd know this wasn't a good bet.
    That match was more about how badly Wickmayer played, than how good Halep is... She had her twice in the second set with a chance to make it 3-1, and 4-2. Couldn't close out her breaks. The over was right there for her to take 2 times serving. I mean it did finish at a push on the spread.. I think I said in many ways, that the ML was more "shiny" than practical. I felt the Spread and Over was the plays.

anyway, I follow tennis, I don't just follow h2h. that being said... If you only followed Tennis, and didnt follow h2h when its Nadal vs. Federer you would probably lose... so I think its best to have a nice grip on it all.

Maybe you should read where i said "first evening game" "public is big on her"

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Timmah2483 View Post
    That match was more about how badly Wickmayer played, than how good Halep is... She had her twice in the second set with a chance to make it 3-1, and 4-2. Couldn't close out her breaks. The over was right there for her to take 2 times serving. I mean it did finish at a push on the spread.. I think I said in many ways, that the ML was more "shiny" than practical. I felt the Spread and Over was the plays.

anyway, I follow tennis, I don't just follow h2h. that being said... If you only followed Tennis, and didnt follow h2h when its Nadal vs. Federer you would probably lose... so I think its best to have a nice grip on it all.

Maybe you should read where i said "first evening game" "public is big on her"
    My bad I should have worded that differently being after the fact, didnt mean no harm, good that you pushed, thought you were just on the ML. Wicky been playing above her usual level, so really it wasnt a bad stab even on the ML, but I just know for a fact this version of Halep is alot better than 2012, but still worth a stab as we've seen the last year she's been upset some.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Wickmayer perfect H/H yet a huge underdog....... Hmmm.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Wickmayer perfect H/H yet a huge underdog....... Hmmm.
    You see that from time to time, Halep didnt break the top 50 until the end of 2012, before tonight they last played at the beginning of 2012, much better Halep these days. With that said, its women's tennis and almost anything can happen.

EaglesPhan36

Pretty sure Matty was being uber sarcastic, we smell our own.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Pretty sure Matty was being uber sarcastic, we smell our own.
    Yes I'm slow.

Timmah2483

Definitely sarcasm. But we've had every kind of h2h record vs. Odds with different results:

Wickmayer 2-0, +800, Pushed spread, lost match.
    Verdasco 5-7, +1500, Cover spread, lost match.
    Seppi 0-9, +1700, Cover spread, Won match.

U can reach for the always popular "I was on the right side, and it lost" in some of those matches, but Ive never been paid for a moral victory. The spread pushed, with multiple chances for Wickmayer to win the spread. It was never in favor of Halep -6. Halep ML was not really playable.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Timmah2483 View Post
    Definitely sarcasm. But we've had every kind of h2h record vs. Odds with different results:

Wickmayer 2-0, +800, Pushed spread, lost match.
    Verdasco 5-7, +1500, Cover spread, lost match.
    Seppi 0-9, +1700, Cover spread, Won match.

U can reach for the always popular "I was on the right side, and it lost" in some of those matches, but Ive never been paid for a moral victory. The spread pushed, with multiple chances for Wickmayer to win the spread. It was never in favor of Halep -6. Halep ML was not really playable.
    I agree, I was silly saying what I initially said, I hadnt even seen the odds before saying such, no way I would have bet on Halep at that price nor even half that, it was a Wickmayer bet or nothing.