Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

Grand Slam prize money

Ok so i was browsing ausopen site and i noticed the prize pool is same for men and women. Apparently it has been like that for 7 years (yeah haven't paid attention) Just curious what u guys think about the equal prize money in Grand Slam tennis? Womens only play 3 setters and the game is inferior compared to mens. I quess it's all about business and womens tennis is very profitable as well. Discussion go!

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

I don't think women should be paid as much until they play 5 setters. Women playing best of 5 may make scheduling a little more difficult at some of the grand slams but I still think it could be done.

I'm only a casual tennis fan but nothing in the women's game has been anywhere near as captivating as some of the rivalries between the "big four" over the last decade and there is a large difference between the two circuits for me in terms of entertainment value.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

A few ATP players in the past have spoken out saying men play five and women play three so men should get more.I agree but in this PC world we live in they always get labeled as chauvinist(sp?) pigs.