dlweaver
    one day at a time....
    dlweaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

New Year... MASSIVE WAGER on Jaziri!!!

Starting off the new year with a big play. Jaziri is much better on this surface than Souza and should be able to pull off an early round win here in Doha. Looking forward to a great year!

Malik Jaziri -163

Risking $4950 to win $3000

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

I like Jaziri as well. Not for a huge bet, but there is some value there, which is usually hard to find, when backing favorites. Souza has a big first serve, but that pretty much wrapes up his arsenal of weapons for hard courts. If I am not mistaken, he played 2 non-clay matches last year. Lost both.

dlweaver
    one day at a time....

Souza CAREER on hard courts in ATP level matches is 0-3.... Jaziri is 15-18... not overly impressive but still average compared to Souza's dismal performances and lack of time on the surface.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    I like Jaziri as well. Not for a huge bet, but there is some value there, which is usually hard to find, when backing favorites. Souza has a big first serve, but that pretty much wrapes up his arsenal of weapons for hard courts. If I am not mistaken, he played 2 non-clay matches last year. Lost both.
    What's up HoneyB!! Good luck this year man I just wanted to let you know you had that stat way off man, lol.. Souza played 34 matches on hard court last year. He finished with a 13-21 record I think. Just to let you know.. He is a HUGE fighter & plays really really tough man, I like that in him for sure.. Jaziri is a good player, but he will not walk over Souza by any means. I actually had this match around 50/50, so I took the +140 & rolled with it.. This match could go either way in my opinion, just who gets the solid start IMO..

dlweaver
    one day at a time....

These hard court matches you speak of are all down at the Challenger level.... mostly against those ranked in the 200-300's.

girlscoutcookies
    girlscoutcookies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1899

some hardcore RLM in this. Who is betting Souza here? He's so bad. Yet the line keeps shrinking. GL to you sir. I wouldn't trust Jaziri with public money on him.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    What's up HoneyB!! Good luck this year man I just wanted to let you know you had that stat way off man, lol.. Souza played 34 matches on hard court last year. He finished with a 13-21 record I think. Just to let you know.. He is a HUGE fighter & plays really really tough man, I like that in him for sure.. Jaziri is a good player, but he will not walk over Souza by any means. I actually had this match around 50/50, so I took the +140 & rolled with it.. This match could go either way in my opinion, just who gets the solid start IMO..
    Hey Money! Thanks for the wishes. I hope you will have good year as well.

I would not be surprised to have stats little off, but not by so much. What happened is, that you probably thought we are talking about Pedro Sousa from Portugal. He is decent on hard. But, in this case, we are talking about Joao Souza. Big brazilian dude. It's a pretty often mistake.

edit: He won challenger on hard, in the first week of last year. But after that, he played 1 round at US open qualies and 1 round at Wimbledon qualies (grass). All other matches were on clay.
    Last edited by Honeybadger44; 01-06-15 at 09:48 AM.

dlweaver
    one day at a time....

Jaziri is out to a quick 3-0 lead in the first 10 minutes of the match.

dlweaver
    one day at a time....

A 6-3 first set in just under 30 minutes. Jaziri looks in control so far.

fsulover100
    fsulover100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Who is Pedro Sousa? That guy from Portugal is Joao Sousa where as the Brazilian is Joao Souza. Who is Pedro?
    Last edited by fsulover100; 01-06-15 at 10:13 AM. Reason: typo

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by fsulover100 View Post
    Who is Pedro Sousa? That guy from Portugal is Joao Sousa where as the Brazilian is Joao Souza. Who is Pedro?
    Of course. You are right. I got confused as well. Joao SouSa is portugese player and Joao SouZa is brazilian. Actually there is also portugese player Pedro Sousa, but he is not very good.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Indeed. There are one too many Sou(s/z)a:s...

dlweaver
    one day at a time....

3-3 in the 2nd set.... it's been much closer than the first.

FoxMulder
    FoxMulder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3121

Joao (Olavo) Souza is a choker on any surface, auto-fade

dlweaver
    one day at a time....

4-4 late in 2nd set...... hoping he can end it here

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

dlweaver
    one day at a time....

Ouch..... Souza seems to have found his form and takes the 2nd set 6-4. Going to a deciding 3rd set.

dlweaver
    one day at a time....

Ok... Jaziri has officially fallen apart. Looks to be over...

fsulover100
    fsulover100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

lol. please tell me you didn't really bet $4950

BadLuckSanta
    BadLuckSanta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19889

Ouch. GL next time

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Anyone have any thoughts on the last match with Ferrer/de Bakker?

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

too early to be betting big on tennis.
    hope u get it back.

FoxMulder
    FoxMulder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3121

Jaziri is totally dismantled, sorry you lost your bet. I'm sure Souza will bitterly lose the next match, inconsistent prick

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    Hey Money! Thanks for the wishes. I hope you will have good year as well.

I would not be surprised to have stats little off, but not by so much. What happened is, that you probably thought we are talking about Pedro Sousa from Portugal. He is decent on hard. But, in this case, we are talking about Joao Souza. Big brazilian dude. It's a pretty often mistake.

edit: He won challenger on hard, in the first week of last year. But after that, he played 1 round at US open qualies and 1 round at Wimbledon qualies (grass). All other matches were on clay.

Holy fuk balls HB, you are 100% correct.. My apologies man. I can't believe I put 200 on Souza, not Sousa, holy crap.. It doesn't help that the Fing s button is right near the z button, LOL!!! I knew it was SOUZA, but I accidently hit an s and pulled up Sousa and didn't make sure it was the right Fing SOUZASAZASAZA dude, smh..

I think I would of laid off this match for sure! If I had known, I have to chalk this 200 to win 280 up on pure luck man, wow.. Kind of cool to win like that (bec that never happens with me) but I almost wish DL would of won his play (if he bet 5 grand) over my 200 @ +140..

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    Jaziri is totally dismantled, sorry you lost your bet. I'm sure Souza will bitterly lose the next match, inconsistent prick
    I agree completely! I am going to fade Souza next match with whoever minus the games, he will most likely suck it the next match bec he is probably SO happy he won 1 match on hard already this year. Gotta see he who plays bec I might hammer it!!

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by dlweaver View Post
    Ok... Jaziri has officially fallen apart. Looks to be over...

Sucky loss DL, I hope you get it back man.. Sorry I had wrong info on my post this morning, I prob would of agreed with you in taking Jaziri but I would of laid off most likely. I hope you have a good year, BOL..

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    Holy fuk balls HB, you are 100% correct.. My apologies man. I can't believe I put 200 on Souza, not Sousa, holy crap.. It doen't help that the Fing s button is right near the z button, LOL!!! I knew it was SOUZA, but I accidently hit an s and pulled up Sousa and didn't make sure it was the right Fing SOUZASAZASAZA dude, smh..

I think I would of laid off this match for sure! If I had known, I have to chalk this 200 to win 280 up on pure luck man, wow.. Kind of cool to win like that (bec that never happens with me) but I almost wish DL would of won his play (if he bet 5 grand) over my 200 @ +140..
    This plus the guy who hit the under on Genie vs Serena.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    This plus the guy who hit the under on Genie vs Serena.
    +1 lol