EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lots of rumors floating around about an alleged "lengthy discussion" between Fed & Stanimal after the SF in London.

Supposed igniter was Fed's wife talking trash during the match + Swiss DC coach sitting in the Fed box. Interesting as I am sure books will spin this into a betting angle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2837796/Stan-Wawrinka-argued-Roger-Federer-O2-Arena-hearing-wife-world-No-2.html

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

As Fed inched out Stan in the match, I think Fed's wife would also be a slight favorite it would be a brutal bloody physical matchup between Stan and Fed's special snow flake.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

And I've mentioned it in the past and I'll say it again because it looks like I could be right:

Fed would cry after losing grandslam finals because he was scared of what wifey would do to him when he got home.
    Roger Feds. Physically battered male??? Wouldn't surprise me.

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy1616 View Post
    And I've mentioned it in the past and I'll say it again because it looks like I could be right:

Fed would cry after losing grandslam finals because he was scared of what wifey would do to him when he got home.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

The line has already dropped from +160 to +120 for France. Anyway, I ma gonna be rooting for France. I hope Monfils is healthy, both he and Tsonga can totally take both Swiss dudes. Btw, Wawrinka did have a better season than Feds. 1-0 in GS titles and those are the only ones that count. Feds is just not physically strong enough any more to win five setters, even at Wimby. And you know that Djoker would've bageled Feds in the final.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fed's never had a great record in five setters. He's 23-18. I don't think it's a physicality thing, I think especially over the last few years, he's been much nervier late in matches.

Look at the other members of the former Big Four, Djokovic, Nadal and Murray all have sparkling records when it goes to 5 sets. I think it's a stylistic thing as well. These guys all are stellar returners and defenders. Much easier for them to get breaks late in matches and/or keep fighting in rallies that force their opponents into errors. Federer at a point in his career was a very solid returner, but he's never been an elite defender and obviously with age, that's only going to take a couple more ticks down.

I thought it was a pretty even match-up for the DC with the surface and situation. Federer and Wawrinka most days are going to beat the lineup France throws out, but at this stage of the season - it's a crapshoot of health/lack of health and form/lack of form. That's the one thing very much against France is the long layoff for their players and none of the guys who are in their lineup have had great seasons or really great success lately.

Should be really interesting to see how it goes down.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 11-17-14 at 11:15 PM.

IrelandisMine
    IrelandisMine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy1616 View Post

Haha excellent

jake3
    jake3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

His wife should not be this distracting come on Roger man up ~~