bass7
    bass7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2172

raonic -138

liking raonic a lot in this match vs nishikori, his first serve % has been insane the last couple matches and kei has shown that the big serve gives him trouble. with even a bigger server in raonic i cant see how kei can make those types of shots he was making vs becker last night against raonic

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Not quite sure where you got the idea Nish has trouble against big servers but he is one of the best returners in the game and usually does well against them. Majority of his losses over the last 2 years are against players that can rally and return well rather than against big servers.

The reason why the odds are dropping like they are is due to Nish struggling with his back/hip once again and has taken multiple injury timeouts already.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

I'm big on raonic tonight. That loss at the US Open will be avenged

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

At first glance, I lean Raonic but Nishi always finds a way to pull it out.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

i got raonic +108 -1.5 games i think he takes it in straight sets.

nish can return big servers but milos is the best big server. Nish will have trouble.

SirtySree

Nish has had 32 break points in their 3 encounters this year (another 10 in their encounter long ago).

As good as Raonic's serve is, Nish has no issues creating opportunites against any big server. The problem today is that Nish has back issues which will hamper his movement and his power on returns, not to mention his serve speed also. Both if fully fit, you would expect Nish to be the favourite playing in Japan or possibly anywhere but obviously not the case today as others have seen him having injury issues this week and are betting against him.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Nish has had 32 break points in their 3 encounters this year (another 10 in their encounter long ago).

As good as Raonic's serve is, Nish has no issues creating opportunites against any big server. The problem today is that Nish has back issues which will hamper his movement and his power on returns, not to mention his serve speed also. Both if fully fit, you would expect Nish to be the favourite playing in Japan or possibly anywhere but obviously not the case today as others have seen him having injury issues this week and are betting against him.
    nishi always looks injured

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    nishi always looks injured
    was going to say the same thing. always looking injured but this week more then usual.

Milos has had trouble with nish and i don't think has ever taken him in 2 sets but i think he will do so tonight.

SirtySree

there are some players like murray that always look injured when they are not but this isnt the case for nish since he has been actually taking injury timeouts for it. was up like 4-1 double break in the last set against chardy and still had to take one which shows its legit.

dnt kno if it will affect him tday bt only logical explanation for the line dropping as it usually does wen someone has shown signs of injuries.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

Raonic has only beaten nishi at Wimbledon in 4 sets. I think over is not a bad play here. Raonic has easier opponents in this tourny compared to nishi too

there are some players like murray that always look injured when they are not but this isnt the case for nish since he has been actually taking injury timeouts for it. was up like 4-1 double break in the last set against chardy and still had to take one which shows its legit.

dnt kno if it will affect him tday bt only logical explanation for the line dropping as it usually does wen someone has shown signs of injuries.
    Actually the line is back to where it opened or around that ballpark, it's -114 now at pinny for raonic.

biggie12

might be 3 sets going into tie break every time. if they both keep up this play on their serves.

over was probably best play

biggie12

Great tennis so far.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

The giraffe is moving like a gazelle

SirtySree

Nish pretty much winning every rally and when Raonic does win a rally, it's a miraculous shot. Raonic serving unreal though.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    I'm big on raonic tonight. That loss at the US Open will be avenged
    What? Everyone getting plus odds on Nishikori, he's in Raonic's head. After that US Open collapse, Nishi will always give him problems

ManeOnFire
    ManeOnFire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

If we're just gong on level of play in the match Nishikori should take the third.

biggie12

LOL U MUST BE WATCHING THE WRONG MATCH MANE, did you watch the 2nd set.

ManeOnFire
    ManeOnFire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    LOL U MUST BE WATCHING THE WRONG MATCH MANE, did you watch the 2nd set.
    Yea I'm going off of both sets.

SirtySree

Nish is definitely the better player today. When u win almost twice as many baseline rally points, u kno u r playing better

Just Blaze
    Just Blaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Raonic did not exactly get to where he is with his baseline game...70% on serve today and he is hitting bombs. Tiebreak coming

Just Blaze

Unforced errors and his worst service game of the match end it. Better player won though...would have loved to watch a tiebreak

matt1216

Nish is definitely the better player today. When u win almost twice as many baseline rally points, u kno u r playing better
    Nish was the better player 4 out of 5 matches.... He beat Raonic one 1 foot last time. Who ever came up with the line on this match should be fired. Nishi @ + whatever was the dumbest thing I've seen in awhile.

SirtySree

Glad the better player on the day won even though I didn't have a bet on this. Apart from the 2nd set where Raonic's first serve made was 80%, Nish dominated that match and was a well deserved winner.

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Nish was the better player 4 out of 5 matches.... He beat Raonic one 1 foot last time. Who ever came up with the line on this match should be fired. Nishi @ + whatever was the dumbest thing I've seen in awhile.
    thanks for the great input after the match

SirtySree

also fyi nish was the fav by the books to start off with

also in their previous 4 encounters, the one in 2012 is not relevant as neither player was as good back then. nish was the better player in new york, raonic was the better player in london, and madrid ended up being a coin toss

so in conclusion, nothing in ur post was correct and came after the match

matt1216

also in their previous 4 encounters, the one in 2012 is not relevant as neither player was as good back then. nish was the better player in new york, raonic was the better player in london, and madrid ended up being a coin toss

FYI, he wasn't the favorite at all books... 5Dimes 1.95 and Bodog 2.10... He closed at 2.20 at bodog.... So everything you just said was a lie. Thanks for coming out with you're assumptions.

matt1216

You obviously don't realize Raonic is trash under pressure. Madrid was definately not a coin toss. Even if Raonic won one of those tiebreakers he wasn't winning a third set, get real.

SirtySree

lol y do i even bother replying properly to u matt. srsly trying to convince a 5 yr old every time

theres a reason y every talks shit to u and y u are down however many hundred units

matt1216

lol y do i even bother replying properly to u matt. srsly trying to convince a 5 yr old every time

theres a reason y every talks shit to u and y u are down however many hundred units
    Lol that's you're only reply? Haha go continue on you're useless Yemer thread and leave the replays to people who know what's going on around here. If only you knew the circus I've created

SirtySree

Lol that's you're only reply? Haha go continue on you're useless Yemer thread and leave the replays to people who know what's going on around here. If only you knew the circus I've created
    ok matt

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

What the f*ck are you even talking about, Matt?

ITT (and many others, by the way):

Sirty trying to help everyone (who's clearly clueless, mind you) out; everyone refuses to listen and goes hardcore on the defensive to avoid admitting any fault what so ever, no matter what.

WP.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    What the f*ck are you even talking about, Matt?

ITT (and many others, by the way):

Sirty trying to help everyone (who's clearly clueless, mind you) out; everyone refuses to listen and goes hardcore on the defensive to avoid admitting any fault what so ever, no matter what.

WP.
    SirtySree: " also fyi nish was the fav by the books to start off with"

complete Farce^^^

thats ts what I'm talking about, HC.

Sirtysree: "so in conclusion, nothing in ur post was correct and came after the match"

another lie^^^ I mentioned how Nishikori was a dog to start with.

In Conclusion HC, the guy "SirtySree" just has a hate on for me as you can clearly see I was directing comments In general. They had nothing to do with SirtySree. Now who's the 5 year old.

That Yemer thread has yielded about 4 wins.... Maybe. About 3 times that in losses. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Just Blaze

LOL Matt this is really sad...come on Nishikori WAS favoured at opener, he opened around -115 at Pinny which was solid.

Raonic took the majority of action early and there was enough liquidity Pinny opened the limits to 25k a pop prior to start (since it's tennis does not always happen) and someone saw the +EV as you can see if you can read a line history or were betting the match, as it closed -104/-104

If you look at the difference between 5D and Pinny's lines you can see the difference in clientele, Kei got popped a couple times right before start to close at an exact pick, 5D opener was a bit off in retrospect but was generally in line with the market at the time.

5D is not available to me anymore so I don't know for certain what you were looking at but your post above is just wrong and that's a fact.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

SirtySree: " also fyi nish was the fav by the books to start off with"

complete Farce^^^

thats ts what I'm talking about, HC.

Sirtysree: "so in conclusion, nothing in ur post was correct and came after the match"

another lie^^^ I mentioned how Nishikori was a dog to start with.

In Conclusion HC, the guy "SirtySree" just has a hate on for me as you can clearly see I was directing comments In general. They had nothing to do with SirtySree. Now who's the 5 year old.

That Yemer thread has yielded about 4 wins.... Maybe. About 3 times that in losses. Correct me if I'm wrong please.
    I'm not going to get into the semantics of that or the general discussion in this thread. I'm also not interested in attacking anyone's person, but generally speaking what happened here is Sirty was laying down the facts trying to help out (in this case) apparently clueless individuals and was either not countered at all, countered with irrelevant arguments, or just dismissed and flamed. If I were the target for his initial posts I would be appreciative for his corrections and help, instead of responding like a lot of posters did herein.

Now at least I understand what you were saying with that post. Thank you for explaining that to me, and have a pleasant Sunday!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Raonic is a proven loser week after week

Why do you guys bet him??

He cannot win deep in tourneys against tough competitors

Nikki is too mentally tough for him

12 Last