Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Field wins us open/not joker @1.65

Pounce on this mess??

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Better of just picking a few players rather then the field at those odds if you think Joker loses.

Despite this grand slam being quite open compared to before, in reality over a 5 set match, there's only a few contenders.

sluggy1616
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Better of just picking a few players rather then the field at those odds if you think Joker loses.

Despite this grand slam being quite open compared to before, in reality over a 5 set match, there's only a few contenders.
    If Joker does make it to the final I can always hedge with the dog. The opponent WOULD be a dog wouldn't he?

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy1616 View Post
    If Joker does make it to the final I can always hedge with the dog. The opponent WOULD be a dog wouldn't he?
    The opponent would be a dog but if it's Federer, the odds would pretty much be like the one above. If it's like Raonic or some first time slam finalist, then probably like 1.2 on Novak lol.

sluggy1616
    Update your status

I pounded it

SirtySree

I pounded it
    Good luck.

Personally, i wouldve waited a bit longer for the draw to come out to see if novak gets like a cilic or even isner early on which could b his problem games.

O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9725

What site where you on?

sluggy1616
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by O View Post
    What site where you on?
    5dimes

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Good luck, sluggy. I'll be rooting for you as I can't stand Djoker anymore. He is so transparently insecure and insincere (trying to say all the right things) in that weird Eastern European way. After years of putting his foot in his mouth someone talked some sense into him and so he has toned his act down but had they let him continue in his ways (especially when he senses the crowd turn against him) I have no doubt he would have ended up looking like one of these guys:

O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9725

5dimes
    Thanks man

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Djoker looked really out of sorts during the warmups, yet he is a super-fav to win. No Nadal, but still, wow.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22043

You Got a Bad Line I Played at Pinny yesterday

I layed -143 and -147 Does Not Win Joker. Currently -152
    Last edited by Brooklyn Dick; 08-19-14 at 08:10 AM.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

with rafa out, you'd figure that roger and murray will be on the other side of the draw so djoko should have a very easy path to the final...

Brooklyn Dick

The way Joker is playing nothing will be easy.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    with rafa out, you'd figure that roger and murray will be on the other side of the draw so djoko should have a very easy path to the final...
    Why would murray be on the other side ? It is a 50/50 chance for murray to be on either Djoker's or Feds' side.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

this is the squarest of square plays imo. guess what, you guys don't know more than the books. novak is gonna run through this tourney

Brooklyn Dick

I guess laying a cheap price that an out of form player does not win 7 matches against some very good players is a "square bet".

sluggy1616
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    this is the squarest of square plays imo. guess what, you guys don't know more than the books. novak is gonna run through this tourney
    If he does then I'll hedge the final on a big dog...We can't all be as brilliant as you brodie. You are killing it in your pick threads!!! Keep up the good work.

poet

If he does then I'll hedge the final on a big dog...We can't all be as brilliant as you brodie. You are killing it in your pick threads!!! Keep up the good work.
    I like the bet Sluggy but not sure what you mean by hedging against a big dog. If Djoker makes it to the final against a big dog there is no hedge for you, as Djoker will be -500 or so. All you can do then is to throw some more money on the dog and hope he wins.

brodie
    you got the juice now

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    I guess laying a cheap price that an out of form player does not win 7 matches against some very good players is a "square bet".
    yeah u right bro. go all in on it then, easy money right?

Lol I wasn't coming at your neck buddy. Would you rather me come in after the fact and be like 'Djok was a lock from the start!'. Do you guys really think you are outsmarting the books on this one? Djok was at +120 before his collapse in the 1000 tournaments (which I think was planned) and now the lines still only at +130

with fukking fed and murray the only other 2 under +1000

none of these guys are beating him. your only hope is that his collapse in these last tourneys was legit (slim chance), and even then who's taking out djok in 3 sets?

And I love how when people get offended all of the sudden they've had a problem with me all along.

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    I like the bet Sluggy but not sure what you mean by hedging against a big dog. If Djoker makes it to the final against a big dog there is no hedge for you, as Djoker will be -500 or so. All you can do then is to throw some more money on the dog and hope he wins.
    Ill save you the trouble sluggy...

We can't all be as brilliant as you poet. You are killing it in your pick threads!!! Keep up the good work.

sluggy1616
    Update your status

Yes Sluggy thought about the hedge in reverse. I'm an IDIOT!!! My bad Brodie im an idiot!!! Thx for straightening me out Poet. I'll see about getting some Djok futures when the draw comes out. Maybe price will get a little better for me or maybe i STAND PAT. Put 3 units risk on this so wont kill me or anything

poet

[QUOTE=brodie;22441573]yeah u right bro. go all in on it then, easy money right?

Lol I wasn't coming at your neck buddy. Would you rather me come in after the fact and be like 'Djok was a lock from the start!'. Do you guys really think you are outsmarting the books on this one? Djok was at +120 before his collapse in the 1000 tournaments (which I think was planned) and now the lines still only at +130

with fukking fed and murray the only other 2 under +1000

none of these guys are beating him. your only hope is that his collapse in these last tourneys was legit (slim chance), and even then who's taking out djok in 3 sets?

And I love how when people get offended all of the sudden they've had a problem with me all along.

Ill save you the trouble sluggy...

We can't all be as brilliant as you poet. You are killing it in your pick threads!!! Keep up the good work.[/QUOT
    E]

What did I do to deserve this sarcasm?

brodie
    you got the juice now

Yes Sluggy thought about the hedge in reverse. I'm an IDIOT!!! My bad Brodie im an idiot!!! Thx for straightening me out Poet. I'll see about getting some Djok futures when the draw comes out. Maybe price will get a little better for me or maybe i STAND PAT. Put 3 units risk on this so wont kill me or anything
    Lol ok guy I'm apparently just a bully even though I just came in here with my opinion and you got all sarcastic with me.

What did I do to deserve this sarcasm?
    That was clearly a shot at Sluggy, not you.

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Let's do this.

You can't win ALL of them, Rory.

As a previous poster mentioned, if Djok makes it to the final, whoever he plays will be the dog. After Rory doesn't win, I can hedge appropriately.

Easy, right?

$1,000.00 $997.30 Pending 2 Team Parlay
    Pending 8/21/14 7:00am PGA Golf 92 Field wins The Barclays -530* vs R.McIlroy wins The Barclays
    Pending 8/25/14 11:00am Props Tennis 2 Field wins US Open -147* vs N.Djokovic wins US Open

sluggy1616
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by w@lt View Post
    Let's do this.

You can't win ALL of them, Rory.

As a previous poster mentioned, if Djok makes it to the final, whoever he plays will be the dog. After Rory doesn't win, I can hedge appropriately.

Easy, right?

$1,000.00 $997.30 Pending 2 Team Parlay
    Pending 8/21/14 7:00am PGA Golf 92 Field wins The Barclays -530* vs R.McIlroy wins The Barclays
    Pending 8/25/14 11:00am Props Tennis 2 Field wins US Open -147* vs N.Djokovic wins US Open
    U can't hedge. Thats were i messed up. Its a double reverse curve ball and I'm slow. we have joker to lose so we would need to bet joker to win in the final. I still think he will lose before this though.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

When federer was at his best he use to be a 4/9 shot to win some of these grand slams

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

U can't hedge. Thats were i messed up. Its a double reverse curve ball and I'm slow. we have joker to lose so we would need to bet joker to win in the final. I still think he will lose before this though.
    Whoops. Duh. I don't know where my mind was. Well, I guess I'll have to hope that if he makes the final, he's only a moderate favorite. That, or I can hedge with Djok to win if/when Rory wins.

sluggy1616
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by w@lt View Post
    Whoops. Duh. I don't know where my mind was. Well, I guess I'll have to hope that if he makes the final, he's only a moderate favorite. That, or I can hedge with Djok to win if/when Rory wins.
    Its still a solid bet. Joker going down 4th rd or qtrs!!!

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

+100

really risk bet IMO especially at these odds I believe Novak got a strong chance to win, Nadal is not here, Federer is old and not playing as well as people say. Maybe Wawrinka could be dangerous you never know with him...

One thing is for sure, Djokovic would never lose to Tsonga or Robredo at the US open.

sluggy1616
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by tipsadontlikehim View Post
    +100

really risk bet IMO especially at these odds I believe Novak got a strong chance to win, Nadal is not here, Federer is old and not playing as well as people say. Maybe Wawrinka could be dangerous you never know with him...

One thing is for sure, Djokovic would never lose to Tsonga or Robredo at the US open.
    I really have to disagree with you. This year there are quite a number of players that have made huge strides and have played themselves into decent seeds by going deep in big tournys.

Dimitov,cillic,nishi(if he can stay healthy will be a tough out), milos,gulbis,agut,lopez,verdasco (always plays big guys good),monfils(on fire right now)

The old order (non top 5 has been over-thrown. Youzney and garbage like that has been pushed aside by the young guys who have put up very solid wins and who have also gone deep into torneys this year.

They will take nibbles out of joker until joker has no more left.

sluggy1616
    Update your status

I really have to disagree with you. This year there are quite a number of players that have made huge strides and have played themselves into decent seeds by going deep in big tournys.

Dimitov,cillic,nishi(if he can stay healthy will be a tough out), milos,gulbis,agut,lopez,verdasco (always plays big guys good),monfils(on fire right now)

The old order (non top 5 has been over-thrown. Youzney and garbage like that has been pushed aside by the young guys who have put up very solid wins and who have also gone deep into torneys this year.

They will take nibbles out of joker until joker has no more left.
    Like little freakin piranha they will weaken the Joke and he will lose!!

brodie
    you got the juice now

Quote Originally Posted by tipsadontlikehim View Post
    +100

im wondering if parlaying all of djok's wins throughout the tourney would have a better payout? open parlay?

Brooklyn Dick

im wondering if parlaying all of djok's wins throughout the tourney would have a better payout? open parlay?
    Over the course of 7 matches it should definitely be more than +150 or 160.

Brooklyn Dick

Murray will play Joker if they advance. Joker seeded 1 and Murray 8.

sluggy1616
    Update your status

IMO joker has a pretty tough qtr.

Could meet queer dick or LU in 3rd round

kornscriber,isner or tsonga in 4th round(I think I got this right)

and murray in the qtrs(verdasco is also in here with murray)

12 Last