shobtop1
    shobtop1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Shobs plays

G'day guys. Long time lurker, first time poster. I feel like starting my own thread just to keep track of things as I feel it helps with discipline. I'm not a huge tennis junkie but I do a lot of reading and follow most tournaments so I have a decent feel for who is in form and who is not. Most of my plays are based on gut feeling and I will share some of my AFL and EPL picks in here too.

18/8

Stosur v Nara - over 20.5 games @ $2 (sportingbet) 1u

Nara is improving as a player and her consistent ground strokes could frustrate Stosur into making unforced errors here. Her hard court record this year isn't too bad either knocking off Keys, Diyas, Mladenovic, Erakovic and also taking a set off Kutnetsova in the final of Citi Open.

Parlay : Querrey 2-0 / Chelsea @ 1.96 (bet365) 2u

Riba hasn't played for some time now and I can't see him breaking the big Americans serve. Not to mention the fact Riba hasn't played on hard court much this year at all. Chelsea will not lose this match IMO...they easily have the better squad and haven't dropped and opening game to a season since 1998/1999 season.
    Last edited by shobtop1; 08-18-14 at 07:29 AM.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Manchester United hadn't lost an opening season home match since 1972. Also, betting tennis right now is terrible, especially taking favorites. 1 week before a grand slam sucks I think. Effort is a problem.

shobtop1

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Manchester United hadn't lost an opening season home match since 1972. Also, betting tennis right now is terrible, especially taking favorites. 1 week before a grand slam sucks I think. Effort is a problem.
    Man U aren't what they used to be...I wouldn't have wagered on them to win despite their pre-season form. Chelsea have a much more dangerous squad at the moment, pretty confident they will get the 3 points. I agree on the tennis call though which is why I've just got the 2 plays.

shobtop1

Quote Originally Posted by shobtop1 View Post
    G'day guys. Long time lurker, first time poster. I feel like starting my own thread just to keep track of things as I feel it helps with discipline. I'm not a huge tennis junkie but I do a lot of reading and follow most tournaments so I have a decent feel for who is in form and who is not. Most of my plays are based on gut feeling and I will share some of my AFL and EPL picks in here too.

18/8

Stosur v Nara - over 20.5 games @ $2 (sportingbet) 1u

Nara is improving as a player and her consistent ground strokes could frustrate Stosur into making unforced errors here. Her hard court record this year isn't too bad either knocking off Keys, Diyas, Mladenovic, Erakovic and also taking a set off Kutnetsova in the final of Citi Open.

Parlay : Querrey 2-0 / Chelsea @ 1.96 (bet365) 2u

Riba hasn't played for some time now and I can't see him breaking the big Americans serve. Not to mention the fact Riba hasn't played on hard court much this year at all. Chelsea will not lose this match IMO...they easily have the better squad and haven't dropped and opening game to a season since 1998/1999 season.
    Handy start.

YTD 2-0
    +3u
    Last edited by shobtop1; 08-19-14 at 05:37 AM.

shobtop1

19/8

Makarova @ $2.10 (bet365) 1u

She knocked off Kvitova last time they played so I see Maka as decent value here. With a match already under her belt she should be ready to roll and put Kvitova on the back foot from the get go.

Robin Haas @ $2 (bet365) 1u

I have always known Kukushkin as a decent challenger player and a bit of a ball basher who doesn't have the tools to succeed on the ATP tour. Although he is ranked higher out of the two at the moment I think Haas is the better overall player and has the experience to get the W here.

Andujar @ $2.25 (bet365) 1u

Sijsling has been in revolting form this year and I just cannot have him as such a heavy favourite in this match. Yes Pablo is primarily a dirt baller but I think he can dispatch of the mentally weak Sijsling.

Parlay : Goffin, Janowicz, Lu, Arsenal @ $4.50 (bet365) 1u

I expect Goffin to continue his good form (could actually win this tourny), Lu get through and for Janowicz to hopefully not tank and keep playing well. Arsenal should knock off Besiktas in their Champs League qualifier tomorrow morning to make things easier on the return leg so there's minimal pressure to advance into the main draw.

AimePor
    AimePor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

19/8

I expect Goffin to continue his good form (could actually win this tourny), Lu get through and for Janowicz to hopefully not tank and keep playing well. Arsenal should knock off Besiktas in their Champs League qualifier tomorrow morning to make things easier on the return leg so there's minimal pressure to advance into the main draw.
    I definitely agree with you for both. My all time favorite has to advance and they will while Goffin could continue to deliver a good performance

koch & balls
    my nipples r so sensitive
    koch & balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 405

too bad arsenal couldn't punch that parlay in for u.

shobtop1

Quote Originally Posted by koch & balls View Post
    too bad arsenal couldn't punch that parlay in for u.
    I know...very frustrating. They fielded a very strong side but looking at the stats their opponents must have played out of their skin. Haas shat it aswell. Things could get ugly here! Lets go Pablo and Maka to salvage something.

shobtop1

19/8

Makarova @ $2.10 (bet365) 1u

She knocked off Kvitova last time they played so I see Maka as decent value here. With a match already under her belt she should be ready to roll and put Kvitova on the back foot from the get go.

Robin Haas @ $2 (bet365) 1u

I have always known Kukushkin as a decent challenger player and a bit of a ball basher who doesn't have the tools to succeed on the ATP tour. Although he is ranked higher out of the two at the moment I think Haas is the better overall player and has the experience to get the W here.

Andujar @ $2.25 (bet365) 1u

Sijsling has been in revolting form this year and I just cannot have him as such a heavy favourite in this match. Yes Pablo is primarily a dirt baller but I think he can dispatch of the mentally weak Sijsling.

Could have very easily been another good day but I go 1/4. Haas couldn't quite get there and Arsenal, surprisingly couldn't get the job done.

YTD : 3-3
    +1u

Also be advised I'm rounding to the nearest unit if you we wondering why my record doesn't quite add up.

shobtop1

20/8

Goffin / Nieminem under 22.5 games @ $1.80 (sportingbet) 1.5u

Zenit St Petersburg to beat St Liege @ $1.85 (bet365) 1.5u

Parlay : Janowicz, Goffin, Lu, Wozniacki, Zenit win or draw @ $4 1u

Not much to say here apart from the fact that winning form is good form and confidence should be high for all four tennis players here. Jano had a few shaky moments last match but I'll trust him to get the W here and progress through to try and jag himself a long awaited title. Lu only faced one break point in what seemed a close encounter with the improving Rola so he should do enough against another clay courter. Goffin and Woz, enough said and Zenit I believe are fielding a strong side for this match as the odds have dropped so I can't see them losing here especially with the form they are in (goal scoring wise) 15 goals in 4 matches in their domestic league.

shobtop1

20/8

Goffin / Nieminem under 22.5 games @ $1.80 (sportingbet) 1.5u

Zenit St Petersburg to beat St Liege @ $1.85 (bet365) 1.5u

Parlay : Janowicz, Goffin, Lu, Wozniacki, Zenit win or draw @ $4 1u
    Seems as I rode the Wozniacki train for one match to long and got stung...looking at other threads I've just noticed some people who were on Giorgi. I miss some of this info and leans due to my Australian timezone. Zenit got through in the end and I wasn't expecting old man Jarko to put up that much of a fight..oh well onto tomorrow/today.

YTD : 4-5
    even