beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Live betting at Winston Salem Open...

Thinking of going next month as I live close by. Of course having some wagers on matches would be ideal. Would be making them before I head in but still would like to live bet. Look at their policy below regarding betting..

"At no time may any person, directly or indirectly, wager on tennis matches while at the tournament site. Allowing betting companies, directly or through a third party, to accept any tennis wagers (electronically or otherwise) at the tournament site or any tournament related event is prohibited."

I know they guy down in OZ got thrown out and also in trouble with the law. My question is.... every dam fool at that tourney is going to be texting or using their smart phone for all kinds of shit. Being from the USA I wont be able to use bet365 and the euro live betting, but still I guess use bovada and 5 dimes, although not as detailed as the others but how in the world are they going to know what I am doing? Unless some security guard sees me on a site, there is no way to enforce it. Would they block those sites? Is someone monitoring it and will send down the Po-Po to seat 15 aisle 4 section 2??

Just curious what everyone thinks...

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

what do i think? dont do it. if you want to live-bet stay home. otherwise enjoy yourself and hope the wagers you make before you walk in the building win

im paranoid about things like that though

ardacet8
    ardacet8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5098

I always wager on football/soccer matches when I am at the stands watching it, through the mobile site or application. I havent witnessed any problems so far. What changes when you are watching it at the stadium or at home? BS
    Last edited by ardacet8; 07-28-14 at 04:25 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Thinking of going next month as I live close by. Of course having some wagers on matches would be ideal. Would be making them before I head in but still would like to live bet. Look at their policy below regarding betting..

"At no time may any person, directly or indirectly, wager on tennis matches while at the tournament site. Allowing betting companies, directly or through a third party, to accept any tennis wagers (electronically or otherwise) at the tournament site or any tournament related event is prohibited."

I know they guy down in OZ got thrown out and also in trouble with the law. My question is.... every dam fool at that tourney is going to be texting or using their smart phone for all kinds of shit. Being from the USA I wont be able to use bet365 and the euro live betting, but still I guess use bovada and 5 dimes, although not as detailed as the others but how in the world are they going to know what I am doing? Unless some security guard sees me on a site, there is no way to enforce it. Would they block those sites? Is someone monitoring it and will send down the Po-Po to seat 15 aisle 4 section 2??

Just curious what everyone thinks...
    I'd imagine they would use cameras to watch the crowd and look for it if they are serious about trying to police it. And if they suspect it they would ask to look at your device or be thrown out.

Personally I wouldn't be too worried about just placing a bet here and there. For some reason the Aussie police seem quite concerned that the people they arrested had been trying to cheat a bookmaker by betting live on points after they knew the result. Thats what the newspapers talked about anyway. Which seems kind of weird to me. I thought at the time the rule was probably really meant to give them powers to target a betting ring they knew about. As not much about it made sense, least of all how to police it. (unless they knew who they suspected up front)