slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6213

Federer today

He had Djokovic on the ropes during the 5th set but he could not sense it or he never had the energy to pull the trigger i dont know, but also Novak continue to roll in the 80 mph second serve during whole match but federer continue to use the chip return if he was more agressive this match could have been gone his way. I think this slam got away from federer and he knows it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think fed does not get aggressive enough in these big matches

Sure has the talent still

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

He should be coming to net more in his old age but he is too fukken stubborn

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    He should be coming to net more in his old age but he is too fukken stubborn
    What are you talking about? I might agree with you but this match is probably the very worst example you could possibly use. Djokovic punished his approaches severely (in large due to the quality of Djokovic's defense).

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    What are you talking about? I might agree with you but this match is probably the very worst example you could possibly use. Djokovic punished his approaches severely (in large due to the quality of Djokovic's defense).
    Agreed

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    He had Djokovic on the ropes during the 5th set but he could not sense it or he never had the energy to pull the trigger i dont know, but also Novak continue to roll in the 80 mph second serve during whole match but federer continue to use the chip return if he was more agressive this match could have been gone his way. I think this slam got away from federer and he knows it.
    Slayer, this was never in Federer's hands. Djoker almost choked this match away more times than the entire French Davis cup team. Fed played very well, great at times.