EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Attention Kawk Knockers

First person who asks why there are not matches on Sunday @ Wimbledon gets a nut shot from JJ and I hear he's already agreed that he won't be using his hands to deliver that.

If it's JJ, he gets a nut shot from everyone at SBR. Weapons encouraged.

Enjoy your day of rest.

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

would be nice if the incomplete matches could at least be played on sunday. im probably not the only one here who now has a big carryover

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Or if the f*cking retards could've used CC more.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by baconbets View Post
    would be nice if the incomplete matches could at least be played on sunday. im probably not the only one here who now has a big carryover
    That makes too much sense. Wimbledon is hell bent on their "traditions" ... there was a Wimbledon I think 2011 that had a day plus more rained out and they still didn't utilize the Sunday to play any matches to catch up.

You gotta kinda think about the weather any time you bet tennis or you can get all your funds tied up. Frankly with the forecast they had last night before I went to sleep, I was shocked so many matches got in today. They were making it out that anything after the first match on a court looked like it was going to be washed out. That's the other tough part if the forecast is wrong and you wait to bet thinking your match won't make it onto court and then it does.

It's a little funny when darkness suspends matches to see how some players continue to play and some take the 1st shot to get the hell out. That Ivanovic-Lisicki match got suspended and I think Keys-Shvedova played for a good 20 minutes or more after. I think they were trying to get through the 2nd set, but so many breaks - neither player could close.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

They use sunday to repair the grass.... There's no way it could hold up with non stop play.... It's already looking like shit

matt1216

I would use 1 court sunday for as many matches as possible, then take that court out of service monday for repairs.... Just a side court.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    They use sunday to repair the grass.... There's no way it could hold up with non stop play.... It's already looking like shit
    Repair the grass ? it does not grow in one day and they are certainly not planting fully grown patches of grass. The grass will keep looking worse and worse which alas helps dudes like Nadal. (You probably already guessed whom I got in that section of the draw).

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Repair the grass ? it does not grow in one day and they are certainly not planting fully grown patches of grass. The grass will keep looking worse and worse which alas helps dudes like Nadal. (You probably already guessed whom I got in that section of the draw).

I thought the Queen took performed the her Royal Douche on the 2nd sunday. She is older than the tournament isn't she?

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Frugal, I know they don't plant grass and watch it grow lol but they do everything they can to help hold it up... That's why they have to take the day off... Cahil was talking about it on TSN

EaglesPhan36

I think the grass "repair" is just an off-product of having an off-day. It's not why the Middle Sunday began as an off-day. Their tradition was just to have it as a rest day. I think they work on the grass after every day, so I don't think this is some magic day.

Only used it three times for actual play due to rain. Basically, I think it takes several days of rainouts to get them to use the Middle Sunday for play.

I actually think that an off day isn't a terrible idea, but I think it should happen after they finish the 4th round to line up the quarters and onward where everyone would be on an even schedule instead of where some guys can get an extra day of rest from quarters to semis.

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    First person who asks why there are not matches on Sunday @ Wimbledon gets a nut shot from JJ and I hear he's already agreed that he won't be using his hands to deliver that.

If it's JJ, he gets a nut shot from everyone at SBR. Weapons encouraged.

Enjoy your day of rest.
    Cool story bro.

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

Let's hope it won't rain in Marburg!

Spinny
    Spinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

it's a good thing for those who backed Lopez

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    Let's hope it won't rain in Marburg!
    What you got, degen?

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Lopez and Isner got the shaft.Hard enough to compete for a major but now they have to play 5 matches in 7 days with most likely some start-stops with rain.Not happy since I got flodonis at 10-1 to win that quarter.