UncleRoger
    UncleRoger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Betting on Nadal winning 18 GS or more before retiring

Hello,

I'm new here and I was wondering if there are any bookies (online or offline) who allow bets on whether Nadal will surpass the career record of Federer's 17 Grand Slam titles.

Cheers

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

why lock your money up for that long
    Points Awarded:

Cappinpicks gave baconbets 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cappinpicks

Zwong
    Zwong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

I predict Germany to win world cup 2026, any bookies that would accept that bet?

UncleRoger

Different people bet for different reasons. I know of somebody who bet Federer to beat Sampras' record of 14 GS so I was wondering if it's possible to do it for the still rampaging Nadal against the declining Federer.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by Zwong View Post
    I predict Germany to win world cup 2026, any bookies that would accept that bet?
    terrible bet. my money's on ghana

baconbets

the closest thing i am aware of is bovada will often have a full-year grand slam future for the "big 4." it will look something like:

nadal wins X majors in 2015

0 +200
    1 +125
    2 +300
    3 +1000

usually this future is offered at the turn of the season and even after the AO, leading up to the french, with the AO results factored in.

UncleRoger

Bacon bets, thanks for the info. I reckon I'll keep looking though exactly for that bet. I take it there aren't many bookies that don't have an online counterpart by these days?

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

why tie your $$ up for years when bovada just gave away 11 auto winners with Sugarpova live to win last 11 games

UncleRoger

Uff, ok, let's be honest here.
    I'm very new to this environment but I have enough experience in "markets", so to speak, to understand you guys' scepticism. I am a Federer fan and I am just after some kind of "mood insurance policy" should Nadal (whom I dislike) should beat Federer's most treasured record. Should that day come, I want something to cheer me up. Should it never come, I'll consider the money lost to be a reasonable price for my wish to have come true.
    Childish as it sounds, please allow a man to have a flaw and if you can help me finding out who would accept such a bet, many thanks.

baconbets

you will be that much less likely to find a bet like you describe because federer's slam total is fluid, as is any player's total. you have to keep in mind that a wager must have limits. what is the time limit of "nadal's career?" when does the bet period actually close? "career" is an indefinite time period.

UncleRoger

If somebody did it for Federer vs Sampras back in the day, I don't see why it shouldn't happen now.

baconbets

sampras stopped playing like 15 years ago, so there is at least a reasonable belief that he is permanently retired. federer and nadal ar emore or less in the same generation.

UncleRoger

I don't find it so absurd. It's just a matter of what odds is the booking offering and what's the cap on the bet sum they are willing to take.

winston
    winston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by UncleRoger View Post
    I don't find it so absurd. It's just a matter of what odds is the booking offering and what's the cap on the bet sum they are willing to take.
    he gotta good chance. heza champion itsa the truth

but u forgotten: u gon get ur moneyz tied up for yearz...
    dats a shame

for me itz better u holden than dem bookz holden it.
    know what ima sayin rite?

JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

I've had 1K tied up all year on a Davis Cup Outright.

I couldn't care less.

If the odds are right and you're not a bum it's all good.

UncleRoger

Again, I get the feeling most of you guys get some pretty consistent income money from betting and/or genuinely like the thrill of gambling.
    I am very happy with my current income and I don't get too much of a kick from gambling. I just need something to cheer me up should the racket-wielding body builder from Mallorca snatch the overall GS title of a player who got it out of playing beautiful, attacking and classy tennis rather than being defensive and worning out opponents out of superior fitness (with a fat chance he is doping)...
    Last edited by UncleRoger; 06-30-14 at 08:34 AM.