JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

Tennis Insight

Does anyone recommend this site?

I've seen a few posters note that it's at least a great source of fade material.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

It has its uses just like most tennis sites. Shari can probably shed more light on that site, I think she has been or is still a member. I just know you should not put a ton of stock in the #s as far as their tips are concerned. Those tips are not necessarily made with an actual win in mind from what I know.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Thank you, sir. Any other worthwhile sites for information gathering of note? Preferably non-subscription?

JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

Tennisinsight is great as a reference. But only as a non subscriber. You don't need all the bs stats that a subscription brings.

I use to have a subscription for about a year. One of THE BEST decisions I ever made was to cancel that membership.

Why?

So you're not influenced by the moronic "tennis experts" in the comments section of every match.

Most don't have a clue and I can't imagine anyone successful (i.e. know how to make the right plays yourself) actually paying for it. It's mostly sheep imo.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Sounds good thanks, still trying to figure out what is even worth looking at on there, if anything.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Eagles use to say go against the tips but that never worked out.. I started following and couldnt be happier.. although ive not capitalized somehow on tennis

EaglesPhan36

There's certain times when fading them works out. Certain times when following works out. Same as SBR really in the end.

Tenngrand.com is a nice site for previews and other info.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Tennisinsight is awesome. I use to it analyze the players last matches, past matches on the surface, and past matches at the tournament, and also the head 2 head between the 2 opponents.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

That's the main stuff I was looking for... it seems most of that is falls under subscription status though.

Thanks for that other site EP, will have a look.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Tennisinsight is awesome. I use to it analyze the players last matches, past matches on the surface, and past matches at the tournament, and also the head 2 head between the 2 opponents.
    Use Tennisexplorer for head-2-head if you want all of them ... Tennisinsight often is missing any Challenger matches where they faced each other and maybe some other odd situations. I have noticed this from time to time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: necro

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Use Tennisexplorer for head-2-head if you want all of them ... Tennisinsight often is missing any Challenger matches where they faced each other and maybe some other odd situations. I have noticed this from time to time.
    GREAT site. Thank you.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Good old matchstat gives all the h2h and recent matches info, without any predictions from the so-called experts.

EaglesPhan36

For whatever reason, I am not a fan of Matchstat --- maybe because it looks like it was made in 1988 and never updated.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Sorry, somehow I just saw this now. As EP said, I'm a member and have been for several years now. Other than OnCourt (a program you pay for that's downloaded to your computer and what I think is probably the best tool any tennis bettor can have), TennisInsight is my go to for betting. That's not to say you can't get similar features for free but with the way TI is set up, if you're contributing meaningful discussion anyway you don't have to pay for your membership after the first time as it'll be extended due to the "aces" (ie likes) you receive each quarter. I think I went 3 years without ever having to renew... it was only when I stopped contributing regularly for say 5 months that I finally had to re-up again.

The amount of times someone went to watch a match in person and broke news that someone was injured in an off camera court or reported on their body language in practice or whatever... that alone is worth the price to me. It all depends on what you want. I take people's "tips" with a grain of salt but I pay attention to the comments. Others may want just pure stats and they can find that elsewhere. The way I decide to place a bet it's a mixture of recent stats + form + other information and straight #s or H2H's won't tell you that.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Check out tennisabstract.com

Very plain and simple site, but provides a ton of info