Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Karlovic over Dancevic, Falla over Pavic parlay

Pays even money, seems pretty good. Parlays always do. Is there something obvious I'm missing though?

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Good on paper

BallsforTennis
    BallsforTennis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Easy matchup for Karlovic.

Two big servers, both fairly poor returners, meaning the better big server wins.

Really is that simple in-terms of matchup between these two on grass.

Both have single handed backhands and therefore will be serving to that area of the court each time, it's going to be near impossible for Dancy to break. Ivo at 1.45 is a gift.

Ante Pavic is a mentally tough servebot coming up the ranks, but Falla really should be dealing with him on the Wimbledon grass courts which has been slowed down for spectator value.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by BallsforTennis View Post
    Easy matchup for Karlovic.

Two big servers, both fairly poor returners, meaning the better big server wins.

Really is that simple in-terms of matchup between these two on grass.

Both have single handed backhands and therefore will be serving to that area of the court each time, it's going to be near impossible for Dancy to break. Ivo at 1.45 is a gift.

Ante Pavic is a mentally tough servebot coming up the ranks, but Falla really should be dealing with him on the Wimbledon grass courts which has been slowed down for spectator value.
    Thanks for the analysis. Yeah, definitely more worried about whether there's value on Falla. I just feel more comfortable with a parlay than with laying -240 in early rounds though.

JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

That's definitely one of the better evens parlays I've seen.

BallsforTennis
    BallsforTennis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    Thanks for the analysis. Yeah, definitely more worried about whether there's value on Falla. I just feel more comfortable with a parlay than with laying -240 in early rounds though.
    Short money favourites are always more reliable at grandslams and inparticular Wimbledon. Having said that, will ante pavic serve unbelievably well and sneak breaks of serves from sloppy play by falla? Falla being a left hander will swing serves into Pavic's backhand whihc is non-existent, so probably not, but Falla does throw in the odd sloppy game, which will make you think, he will need to break Pavic more than once a set and so is that possible if Pavic is HOT with his serve?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

GL I only play a few men's matches during majors and its usually deep in the tourney, lotta stuff happens in best of 5 that wouldnt in best of 3.