Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

Cessation's Tennis Selections

Might as well fire a thread up for Wimbledon.

A couple have caught my eye for Round 1.

2 units Verdasco over Matosevic @ 1.53

Matosevic's poor grand slam record is well known. He has been in good form in the lead ups but I think this one has been priced as a BO3 as opposed to a BO5. Verdasco might make tough work of it, as is his way, but I'd have him a 1.30 chance in this match up. Matosevic prefers playing big servers than guys that will force him to rally.

1 unit Peng over Konta @ 2.22

Peng might be content with doubles success these days but she has made the round of 16 twice at wimbledon. Not often you will get plus money to fade a brit against a seasoned WTA player. Worth a shot.

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

I've watched 2 matches of Konta on grass in the UK tournaments and she played very well - and served very well also. IMO the possibility of her overpowering the Chinese player is great.

I like Garcia at 2.10 over Errani.

JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    I like Garcia at 2.10 over Errani.
    Leave Garcia alone. She needs time to play her groundstrokes.

Think of her like Stosur. You would think she'd be good on grass with her big strokes and decent serve.

She's not.

Cessation

I'll have to take MM off the auto fade list at GS. Ended up with shitty odds on Peng but she came through.

Total: -0.78 Units

Cessation

Tough night to find plays tonight.

1 Unit Finchman over Bacsinszky @ 3.00

Bacsinszky has been cutting a swathe through the ITF tour all year while Finchman has spent time between the WTA and ITF. As such Bacsinszky's form might appear better on paper but I thought these were more evenly matched than the price the TAB put up. Spin the WTA wheel.

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

I personally think there is a pretty good possibility that Fichman will get overpowered on this surface but maybe these odds are a bit too high indeed.