beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Wimbledon draws are out 2014.Discuss!!!

And dont forget the ladies!! http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/score.../ms/index.html

Baggy vs Brown in round 1 then brown could play Seppi. Easily see dustin making round of 32 again vs Ferrer??!!!

Becker could win 2 matches

Flodonis playing Wawrinka..Wow Lopez can win his Quarter! My bet of the tourney, hedge vs Fed in Q.

Poor Muller..busts hump to get here and has to play Fed in 2nd round..,UPSET

Women..Halep looks to have an easy draw..

Upset quarter winner could come in AZA bracket since she is coming back from injury..Dont know who..

Dare we say Wozniacki can make a run in bottom? Pennetta might be worth a dartboard future to win it down there..Screw Kvitova..

Dont forget about Pirokova grass mojo to make a run..

Here we go!!!

'

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

I am liking Fed's and A-Rad's draws. I think both can potentially very well make it to the finals.

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

wow, women's 3rd quarter is wide open. a-rad been out of form, azarenka still not looking good.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

I would not say A-Rad was completely horrible this year; she did fine @Aus Open. Clay is just not her thing. I think her futures had some value @+2500 but now I see it at @+1500 and that is indeed a bit low given her recent lackluster performances. But there is some hope she well get up for Wimby, her best Slam. And more importantly, she does not have any power hitters in her draw, something she struggles with. Anyway, its a long shot.

JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

She should have won Wimbledon last year. She dropped the ball against Lisicki in the semi.

Had she won she would have beaten her little bitch Tubtoli in the final.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interested to see the odds on Murray to win his quarter, might be under valued because of his lack of match play. Draw is not terribly difficult until the quarters. A little tough match here or there, but if he gets his shit together, easily could be in green out position in the quarters.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Interested to see the odds on Murray to win his quarter, might be under valued because of his lack of match play. Draw is not terribly difficult until the quarters. A little tough match here or there, but if he gets his shit together, easily could be in green out position in the quarters.
    Agreed. Gave Murray no chance prior but mentioned that if he has an easy quarter, he could play himself into form just in time. At this point, I would back Dimi to beat Murray if they both get that far but a lot can change by then.

Fridge79
    Fridge79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I really want to ride Raonic in this year's Wimbledon. His fitness looks much better since starting to work with Ljubicic but potential of Kubot and Nishikori makes me weary. Both have had propensity of deep runs on the grass courts and Raonic has never been able to sustain any sort of form on the lawn.

Nadal not huge favorite against Klizan for first round compared to others. Potential rematch v. Rosol in 2nd round. Grass court monster Karlovic potentially in the third round -- tricky draw for Nadal to navigate in first week. I think this actually favors seeded players in upper half of quarter.

BallsforTennis
    BallsforTennis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Raonic on grass? I'm waiting to fade the fella.

baconbets

dont worry about guys like rosol or ivo vs nadal. the guys who are going to beat, punish, or weaken nadal are those who can actually challenge him on the return game. getting aced by ivo over and over again doesnt take a physical toll, but having to struggle to hold against a good returner does. those matches will be "close" in terms of game score but they arent physically demanding, which is what we should be scouting for in terms of nadal having difficulty.

JC1186

Pretty sure the guy above me doesn't know Rosol beat Nadal at Wimbledon haha.

But yeah he's a not the same player now.

baconbets

whats the point? should we take zeballos every time he plays nadal on clay? sometimes getting beat by a scrub tells us more about the favorite than the scrub.

JC1186

Oh relax I was just playing.

It's a little different anyway. Zeballos was Nadal's first tournament back since Wimbledon the previous year. Some 7 or so months.

Against Rosol Nadal was in form. It was just a super impressive serving (mostly) performance for Rosol on grass.

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

I picked Petkovic to win before it started at 80/1

I think she has an okay draw at the start, but then she will meet Bouchard and eventually Serena